Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

2012 GT Colgan Custom Bumper Bra

Search this Thread

Old 3/3/15, 08:43 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 GT Colgan Custom Bumper Bra

Has anyone bought this great product yet that could share their experience with it? Im totally sold on it I can't wait to order it. Its the carbon fiber custom bumper bra that comes in 2 pieces.

Old 3/3/15, 08:57 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
What do you mean by 'carbon fiber' bra?? It looks like a regular bra from the 70's/80's.
If it is like typical car bra's, with a white felt lining underneath, I can tell you that I have clouded 2 different new cars with them. They hold moisture underneath and unless you are 1000% committed to removing it after driving in any moisture and/or excess humidity until your next drive in a hot dry day, - including at midnight after you have driven home in wet/moist conditions, it will cloud your paint.
3M Clear Mask or go home!
Old 3/3/15, 09:49 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I have that Bra Love it. Would not have anything but. Driving down the highway and a rock hits it your good. It it hits a protection over the paint like the clear ones.. Yea you are screed. I have one for the protection that nothing else gives. I am going to buy the Cover Craft one as well living in Florida the Love Bugs are terrible and the Cover Craft ( same Bra ) but has a screen in the openings for grill protection.

I have heard all the stories about the Paint burning water ruining the paint. if you buy a Colgan or Cover Craft no worries. I have been using these for over 20 years never had an issues.
Old 3/3/15, 09:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jazzman442
I have that Bra Love it. Would not have anything but. Driving down the highway and a rock hits it your good. It it hits a protection over the paint like the clear ones.. Yea you are screed. I have one for the protection that nothing else gives. I am going to buy the Cover Craft one as well living in Florida the Love Bugs are terrible and the Cover Craft ( same Bra ) but has a screen in the openings for grill protection.

I have heard all the stories about the Paint burning water ruining the paint. if you buy a Colgan or Cover Craft no worries. I have been using these for over 20 years never had an issues.
You're in FL. You know nothing of flying rocks compared to 5000' mountain passes in the Cascades where they use cinders for traction over ice/snow beginning in Oct, ending in May. 7 yrs, 2 cars with 3M, not one ding.
And bugs? Ha! Try midges along one of the largest fresh water lakes in the US.
All my previous "bra's" were top quality. 2 cars, both hood paint clouded. Not to mention that pain in the *** coming home at 11 or midnight and having to unhook that wet, messy ****ing bra. And the paint still clouded.
Good luck!

Last edited by cdynaco; 3/3/15 at 10:01 PM.
Old 3/3/15, 10:07 PM
Cobra Member

this guy right here looks great in cf!!!
Old 3/4/15, 12:12 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
I've got the Colgan, only use it when bugs are bad or if I'm taking a highway trip. Never had a problem with them and I've had them on multiple cars for 20+ years. However, I never left them on for long periods of time and never left them on wet.

This latest one was a real PITA to get on the first time or two, but it was pretty chilly outside. Would have been much easier later in the spring or summer when you could lay it out in the sun for a while first.

This was the first time and it was still snug in some places, its stretched out and a lot more form fitting now.

Name:  DSC_0961_zpsf254a783.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  111.5 KB

Name:  DSC_0956_zpsf30fe1eb.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  138.8 KB
Old 3/4/15, 10:27 AM
Cobra Member

yup! thats the one!! i plan on using it when I go on road trips in summer and take it off when I get back home, is it easy to wash?
Old 3/4/15, 11:41 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've got the Colgan, only use it when bugs are bad or if I'm taking a highway trip. Never had a problem with them and I've had them on multiple cars for 20+ years. However, I never left them on for long periods of time and never left them on wet.

This latest one was a real PITA to get on the first time or two, but it was pretty chilly outside. Would have been much easier later in the spring or summer when you could lay it out in the sun for a while first.

This was the first time and it was still snug in some places, its stretched out and a lot more form fitting now.

This is the one I have I also have it for my Suburban and the Mirror covers too. Looks great
Old 3/5/15, 04:32 PM
Cobra Member

hey is this easy to wash after a road trip with all the bug blood and dried up bees?
Old 3/5/15, 06:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by HizliBullet
hey is this easy to wash after a road trip with all the bug blood and dried up bees?
I haven't used this one enough to have to thoroughly wash it, but in the past I've normally just left them on the car to keep its form and washed it like that with a rag and hot soapy water. Then take it off right then and hang it out to dry, then wash the car.
Old 3/6/15, 01:11 AM
Cobra Member

the only question i have regarding this bra is that i currently use craigs custom bracket for my front plate so i cant choose whether to go for "with plate opening" or not. for those who havent heard of it, its a bracket that allows front plate attachment without drilling holes in the bumper it simply clips on the front facia from underneath looks like this

Last edited by HizliBullet; 3/6/15 at 01:14 AM.