Notices
'10-14 Exterior Modifications Place to discuss all 2010-2014 exterior modifications

'13 front air splitter

Search this Thread

Old 5/11/12, 02:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
'13 front air splitter

Hi All,
I’m new to the forum and to Mustang ownership. I’ve lusted for a Mustang since the new retro body styles were introduced several years ago. I finally stepped off the deep edge a couple weeks ago and bought a black ’13 GT with an auto tranny (OK quit sneering and laughing now!) After looking at some of the fine machines many of you have I’m a bit intimidated because by comparison it’s a stripped down horse buggy!
At any rate, it needs a little dolling up to make the visual grade. I’ve ordered a pedestal wing for it through Ford (AR3Z-6344210-CA) and have been looking tirelessly for the part number of the front splitter that’s installed on the Laguna…not the track splitter, the “road legal” one (Seems to stand out about 2 to 2.5 inches from what I can judge in pictures I’ve seen). I suspect there would be no issue with the “track version” from a safety perspective or the “Posse” but as much as I like the looks of it, it’s probably a bit over the top for a street car. Can anybody help with the part number and maybe a photo or two?
When the wing arrives, the car is going to the custom shop to have the rally stripes painted on and over-cleared. Expensive but seems to be the best way to go for durability and custom color. I have a good idea of what color to go with but I‘m always looking for ideas that may not have occurred to me.
Thanks,
John