Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

V6 Tune Questions

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/14, 06:47 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Tune is installed, engine/throttle are a lot nicer at lower RPMs.

I'm going to contact Steeda and see if I can get the engine to decelerate a bit quicker still (and maybe even a bit better throttle response, if possible).
Old 5/29/14, 09:10 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joeywhat
I think all current Macs support running Windows. I don't know what versions are supported, but if it allows XP, that is pretty widely available for free around the web (just make sure it's an authenticated version, and that it's not malware).

Yup. just use bootcamp on your mac. save yourself the money from buying another computer.

setup bootcamp and install xp on your mac and run it from there!
Old 8/20/14, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Yes, we offer the tunes for life in the price of the programmer.

You will be very happy with a Steeda tune. We have had 0 issues when it comes to warranty claims / denials ... we are very safe.

Our tunes will increase the throttle response of the car for quicker take-offs.
We alter the transmission shift points at part and WOT.
We alter the firmness of the shift at part and WOT

(Our shift firmness is different for different throttle settings.

Our tune will increase the power throughout the enter RPM Range.

You can email me at tim@steeda.com if I can help you with a tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ, if you're still on this thread, I called Steeda 3 hours ago. The person I talked to didn't know about the boa issue with the 13-14 Mustang. Said he would get back to me but it doesn't look good. I have a 2014 auto trans V6 Mustang. My questions were does the tune override that frickin boa crap so I can do a brake stop burnout? This car is limited to 2000 rpms with your foot on the brake. Why didn't Ford put a button on the console to turn that crap off? Can the tune change the shift points? I only use the sport position on the shifter. The tune has to be in sport. The person I talked to didn't know much. Can you help? I'm calling Bama for a second opinion.
Old 8/20/14, 02:49 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
The gentlemen on the phone was correct. There is no way to disable the rev limiter with a tune.

Yes, our tune does the following:

Our shift firmness is different for different throttle settings.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/20/14, 03:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by rockazona
I have a 2014 auto trans V6 Mustang. My questions were does the tune override that frickin boa crap so I can do a brake stop burnout? This car is limited to 2000 rpms with your foot on the brake. Why didn't Ford put a button on the console to turn that crap off?

Two words... Manual Transmission.

okay... more than two words.... Anyone can learn to drive stick in a matter of an hour, if you really are interested in learning.

Too late, you have an automatic transmission. Maybe on your next purchase you should consider the other.

My first car I bought in stick was my GSR. I couldn't even drive it. I had my buddy come with me hahaha! he test drove because I couldn't and I bought it on his recommendation.

its so easy to learn.
Old 8/20/14, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
Two words... Manual Transmission.

okay... more than two words.... Anyone can learn to drive stick in a matter of an hour, if you really are interested in learning.

Too late, you have an automatic transmission. Maybe on your next purchase you should consider the other.

My first car I bought in stick was my GSR. I couldn't even drive it. I had my buddy come with me hahaha! he test drove because I couldn't and I bought it on his recommendation.

its so easy to learn.
What a jerk, stay in Canada where you belong.

I've owned 3 Mustangs, the last 2 were 5.0 V8s. One was a stick and the other was auto. The auto was faster. I bought the V6 because I drive a lot and didn't want a gas guzzler getting < 14 miles per gallon.

Have fun with your GT jerk. Hope you like that second car payment called Gas.
Old 8/20/14, 04:44 PM

The gentlemen on the phone was correct. There is no way to disable the rev limiter with a tune.

Best Regards,

TJ
OK... Someone from Steeda called back. He explained that the boa / rev limiter can't be turned off. The 13-14 V6 and V8 Mustang have this crap. There has to be a way to get around it. Guessing I could get the tires to break if I put a 3:55 or 3:73 in the rear end. I had a heavy F150 before the Mustang with less hp that could easily do a burnout. I also talked to Bama and they said their tune can override this sh*t but I wasn't convinced he had a good grasp about what I was talking about.
Old 8/20/14, 04:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Best Regards,

TJ

Oh, so basically your tune does the same thing I can do for free by shifting the car from D to S. lol
Old 8/20/14, 04:55 PM
Banned

OK... Someone from Steeda called back. He explained that the boa / rev limiter can't be turned off. The 13-14 V6 and V8 Mustang have this crap. There has to be a way to get around it. Guessing I could get the tires to break if I put a 3:55 or 3:73 in the rear end. I had a heavy F150 before the Mustang with less hp that could easily do a burnout. I also talked to Bama and they said their tune can override this sh*t but I wasn't convinced he had a good grasp about what I was talking about.

This is why I don't buy used Mustangs unless I personally know the former owner.
Old 8/20/14, 05:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No ... our tune also increases the HP & Torque with the added benefits of the shift points.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 8/20/14, 05:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

What a jerk, stay in Canada where you belong. I've owned 3 Mustangs, the last 2 were 5.0 V8s. One was a stick and the other was auto. The auto was faster. I bought the V6 because I drive a lot and didn't want a gas guzzler getting < 14 miles per gallon. Have fun with your GT jerk. Hope you like that second car payment called Gas.
haha really buddy? Calm down. And Joe has a v6 not a v8. Get your facts right before making statements.
Old 8/20/14, 05:43 PM
Bullitt Member

So the 11-12s are faster?
Old 8/20/14, 05:45 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
What a jerk, stay in Canada where you belong. I've owned 3 Mustangs, the last 2 were 5.0 V8s. One was a stick and the other was auto. The auto was faster. I bought the V6 because I drive a lot and didn't want a gas guzzler getting < 14 miles per gallon. Have fun with your GT jerk. Hope you like that second car payment called Gas.
Lol wow...
Old 8/20/14, 06:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've owned 3 Mustangs, the last 2 were 5.0 V8s. One was a stick and the other was auto. The auto was faster. I bought the V6 because I drive a lot and didn't want a gas guzzler getting < 14 miles per gallon.

The butthurt is strong in this one.

Btw, my 5.0 GT can't get below 15 mpg, no matter how hard I drive. I can also do a brake stand burnout and have it rev all the way to 7,000rpm

Have fun with your V6 lol
Old 8/20/14, 06:43 PM
Cobra Member

Hello good sir. Clearly you are offended by my response. My intent was not to offend. I just assumed you did not know how to drive a manual transmission car because of the frustration you were expressing on your own vehicle. This is my first mustang and even I knew about the limiting factors of the automatic transmissions in the mustang (and A LOT of other cars built today). It was the reason why I assumed you did not know.

If you are 21 and older (I don't promote underage drinking), have one one me.

and yes, I have a v6 manual transmission as its stated in my signature and am loving every moment of it!

Cheers! EH!

Originally Posted by MDkid92
haha really buddy? Calm down. And Joe has a v6 not a v8. Get your facts right before making statements.
its okay, and thanks for the interjection

Originally Posted by laserred38
Lol wow...
wow indeed!
Old 8/20/14, 07:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Hello good sir. Clearly you are offended by my response. My intent was not to offend. I just assumed you did not know how to drive a manual transmission car because of the frustration you were expressing on your own vehicle. This is my first mustang and even I knew about the limiting factors of the automatic transmissions in the mustang (and A LOT of other cars built today). It was the reason why I assumed you did not know. If you are 21 and older (I don't promote underage drinking), have one one me. and yes, I have a v6 manual transmission as its stated in my signature and am loving every moment of it! Cheers! EH! its okay, and thanks for the interjection wow indeed!
See I always heard Canucks were "nice."

Exhibit A^....
Old 8/20/14, 07:45 PM
Banned

No ... our tune also increases the HP & Torque with the added benefits of the shift points.

Best Regards,

TJ
I know TJ, I'm just yanking your chain a bit. I'm admittedly not a fan of "tuning" a stock engine because I know it's a whole lot of money to basically lean the mixture out a bit and firm up the shift points. I know a lot of Mustang owners like them and I wouldn't begrudge them anything but for my money, it's just a waste of money. Tuning a motor after doing something like changing out the heads, adding a supercharger, long tube headers, forged internal parts, etc etc, makes perfect sense to me. In those cases you absolutely need to adjust the tune because you have physically altered the engine. But tuning a stock motor and paying $400 to $600 for it is just not something I would even remotely consider.

I think our fathers and grandfathers would laugh at the idea that we pay $500 or more to do to our motors what they did with a screwdriver in the driveway. lol But seriously, for those that like the idea of tuning a stock motor you should absolutely go ahead with it. If everyone liked the same thing the world would really suck.
Old 8/21/14, 06:49 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

White2010,

I know you were ... just sending an friendly response back your way, lol.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 9/6/14, 10:23 AM

Hello good sir. Clearly you are offended by my response. My intent was not to offend. I just assumed you did not know how to drive a manual transmission car because of the frustration you were expressing on your own vehicle. This is my first mustang and even I knew about the limiting factors of the automatic transmissions in the mustang (and A LOT of other cars built today). It was the reason why I assumed you did not know.

If you are 21 and older (I don't promote underage drinking), have one one me.

and yes, I have a v6 manual transmission as its stated in my signature and am loving every moment of it!

Cheers! EH!

its okay, and thanks for the interjection

wow indeed!

No worries, just trying to get answers about my Mustang. I'm disappointed about what Ford did to this car. If I had known about the BOA crap and drive shafts that explode, I wouldn't have bought it.

Fortunately there are solutions. I got the Bama tune and only checked out the Performance tune so far. This is what Ford should have loaded into the car. For those of us that have 13-14 and I'm assuming the 15 will have the same garbage, the biggest improvement is on the top end. At the bottom there is still a delay when you hit the gas but I Can Do a brake stop burnout. I'm going to try the racing tune this weekend and get back to Bama for some tweaks.

My next project is the drive shaft. Never owned a muscle car that was limited to 112 mph. Even the V8 is limited to 145. I do a lot of driving and most of it is stop and go. That's why I didn't buy a V8 with a stick.
Old 9/6/14, 05:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Never owned a muscle car that was limited to 112 mph
It's a pony car :P

Quick Reply: V6 Tune Questions