'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Thoughts for next Mod

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/14 | 05:49 AM
Team Mustang Source

Well got my mustang back about 2 months after the accident. I will advise against a friend of a friend who owns a shop doing work for you. The outcome was fantastic but the timeline was way out.
So anyway I did a few upgrades while she was in the shop. The biggest being ceramic shorties and they have made a huge difference. Shorties, larger tb, and cai combo is a must. The three together are unreal. I highly recommend this setup.
I added Roush high flow upper and lower grills. Im going with the blackout look so this removed all of the plastic crome from the front. The front end had to be replaced so I took advantage of the "wont fit premium grille" issue whike it wouldnt cost me. This actually saved me a few dollars compared to the cost of the premium grille.
added a hood scope. Not what I want as my end result but I figured it would be a cosmetic add until I go for a new hood.
I swapped the rims out for a set of AMR black rims. Again going with the blackout while it doesnt cost me. I had polished aluminum but they were trashed from the accident. So this actually saved me a little as well.
Also added hood struts to get rid of the prop on the hood.
These were what i added during the time in the shop. Total cost to me was $200. Saved money along the way to cover my deductable and car rental.
Old 1/5/14 | 06:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

While she was in the the shop I thought about adding a set of lowering springs but decided to hold off. Winter was coming and I felt it just wasnt the right time.

So this is going to be my next mod. Im looking to add the Eibach pro for about a 1 in drop. Its a daily driver so I dont want to lose much comfort but I do want a more aggressive look. I have done a bit of research on these and read the comments from people who have bought them. I dont like to rely on these because they are all mosley positive and I feel its due to the owners still selling themselves on their purchase.

If anyone on here has them and can give me their feedback I would appreciate it. Ithis is a daily driver, about 50/50 city highway and I average about 25000 miles a year. Any input would be appreciated.
Old 1/5/14 | 06:16 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Still waiting for pictures of your install
Old 1/5/14 | 06:23 AM
Team Mustang Source

Notes on the tablet instal. I love it. The craftmanship on my end could be a little better but I will address that during the warmer months this year.

I installed a Samsung 2 7 inch tablet. It has wifi and bluetooth, wifi is a must. I have not used the bluetooth yet but I may in the future. I hooked the power to the cicigarette light from the center console and used the usb line from there as well. All wiring tucked away in the center console. Using this usb frees up my bluetooth for phone calls and not music from the tablet. Switching music options and station is simple from the steering wheel controls.

At first it was annoying that the volume always popped a warning that playing to loud could cause hearing damage. Then I would have to ok that, then go into settings and turn up the volume. Pain. I solved this using tasker. I created a max volume icon on the tablet home screen. Now I hit ok for the warning, then hit the icon and it sets my volume to max on the tablet. All is great now.

I was worried that the onset of the aftermarked availability would make me not like this as much but it doesnt at all. I really like the ability to customize the tablet and the "I did this myself" feeling I get from this.
Old 1/5/14 | 06:25 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CVH
Still waiting for pictures of your install
I will try and take a few today and post them.
Old 1/5/14 | 09:25 AM
Cobra Member

Nice, seems like it's coming along. I love my Roush grilles. As far as your question about springs goes I've had the Eibach pro-kit on my '12 v6 with stock shocks/struts and an adj. panhard bar. The ride was good but I wasn't happy with the drop, not low enough. See pic. On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being stiffest and 10 being stock comfort I would say it was a 7 as far as ride goes. I would suggest BMR springs tho if your looking for a good balance of ride comfort and drop. I have those now on my '14.
Attached Images  
Old 1/5/14 | 10:43 AM
Former Vendor

The suspension is something I would not skimp out on. If purchasing Lowering springs I highly recommend struts and shocks, stock dampers do not provide enough support and can't really handle the lowering and higher spring rates.

We offer some great priced suspension kits ranging from beginner to advanced.
Old 1/5/14 | 11:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Took a quick pic of the tablet instal.
Attached Thumbnails Thoughts for next Mod-20140105_105141.jpg  
Old 1/5/14 | 11:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks for the input aj and jay. I will check out your suggestions before I decide. I agree that I do not want to skimp on it but everyone is telling me im waisting money to go with anything more than spring for that small of a drop. I will look more. Again, thanks