Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

STEEDA tune for '13 3.7L

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/14, 03:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StangDawg
How come Bama is dropping the ball at all?
I wonder this also. No Shane I'm good. I'm not doing anything else regarding Bama or helping them. Here's one for you Shane, are A.M. & Bama two different companies or the same company. A.M. is great but it seems you need to teach Bama how to be the same way. I've never had a problem with A.M. whenever I needed advice, returning a product or help with troubleshooting a problem. I've been dealing with you guys for years now and have bought most of my parts for four different mustangs from A.M. but when I contact Bama I often get someone with a bad attitude or someone who tries to make it seem like its my fault my Stang is messing up.

Last edited by Ajcruz1; 1/22/14 at 03:40 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 03:32 PM
Former Vendor

How come Bama is dropping the ball at all?
There's no reason for this many issues to show up in one thread. It's also not common for this many issues to arise at once, either. I can't say that the whole Bama Team is dropping the ball, for the mistakes for one or two members. You're right, there's a communication loss somewhere in the mix. This is something I will see fixed ASAP!

I've already forwarded this thread along to the right people. We've scheduled a meeting and training for the whole team. Issue like this aren't acceptable and they're being ironed out immediately.

With that being said, Bama has and continues to tune thousands of different Mustangs. More than any other Mustang tuner in the world! When you have such a large volume of customers, the small percentage of issues/complaints amount to more than other tuners. Even still, Bama has thousands of customers who have zero issues with their tunes and love the service they received. We just need to make sure we continue to move forward and learn from previous mistakes, as they do happen with any business.

Shane
Old 1/22/14, 03:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
. . . . . Here's one for you Shane, are A.M. & Bama two different companies or the same company. . . . . .
That's a fair question and I think it deserves a fair answer. Perhaps if we knew how the operation works, we might be able to supply some help in finding an answer to Bama taking care of their customers better. Just really trying to help as I was going to make the SCT Tuner with Bama tunes for life my next mod.

Last edited by StangDawg; 1/22/14 at 03:57 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ajcruz1
I wonder this also. No Shane I'm good. I'm not doing anything else regarding Bama or helping them. Here's one for you Shane, are A.M. & Bama two different companies or the same company. A.M. is great but it seems you need to teach Bama how to be the same way. I've never had a problem with A.M. whenever I needed advice, returning a product or help with troubleshooting a problem. I've been dealing with you guys for years now and have bought most of my parts for four different mustangs from A.M. but when I contact Bama I often get someone with a bad attitude or someone who tries to make it seem like its my fault my Stang is messing up.
Ajcruz1,

Bama Performance is a part of AmericanMuscle. They're a separate tuning division, which operates in the same building as AM. Which also means they are expected to operate under the same rules/conditions as AM too. This is why I know we'll be able to turn things around and straighten out any issues that involve the Bama Team.

I'm glad you've had such high quality experiences when ordering from AM. Especially, since you've personally seen the quality of customer service we provide when things do go wrong. That's exactly what we'll be immediately replicating and improving within the Bama Tuning Division. As I mentioned in my post above, I've already taken necessary steps to move forward internally with Bama!

I don't blame you for not wanting to assist us with the strategy code. I would be very agitated myself, if put in your position. I hope we'll be able to restore you confidence in the near future though. As Bama WILL improve drastically. I assure you that!

Shane
Old 1/22/14, 03:59 PM
Former Vendor

Edited to add the rest of the quote & response.

That's a fair question and I think it deserves a fair answer. Perhaps if we knew how the operation works, we might be able to supply some help in finding an answer to Bama taking care of their customers better. Just really trying to help as I was going to make the SCT Tuner with Bama tunes for life my next mod.
It absolutely does! Please see my last post above for details. I would have answered it initially, but I took a little long when responding to your first post. His question was posted before I got to post yours. Sorry!

That's very kind of you to help! I honestly feel the most helpful thing is just general feedback. Tell me what you liked and what you didn't like. The more details the better! We can then address the negatives internally to move forward. The best part about working at AM is we're more than willing to improve ourselves and we'll do whatever it takes to do so!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 1/22/14 at 04:04 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 04:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky
southcarolina12,

There's no excuse for missing 3 emails, I agree! I'm honestly not sure what happened with the datalogs you sent. It's possible your email address was getting caught in a junk mail folder, but regardless that doesn't matter. You've sent 3 emails and they were under answered. Which is really frustrating!

I know the Bama Team will be able to straighten out your tunes though. I would love to get you in touch with one of our best Bama calibrators. You'll be able to email the datalog to them directly and list the symptoms you're experiencing. From there, they'll have your tune tweaked accordingly.

I honestly don't foresee Bama having any issues nailing down your tune. If for whatever reason, they are unable to. A refund would certainly be in order. As we NEVER leave a customer empty handed. However, we need to at least try a revised tune and move forward with a datalog.

When you have a chance, please send me over your First/Last name and shipping address. We'll work together to have your tune dialed in and if for any reason at all we're unable to, we'll set you up with a full refund!

Shane
i just sent you a PM. just wanted to let you know on here in case it got caught in the junk mail folder too.
Old 1/22/14, 04:27 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by southcarolina12
i just sent you a PM. just wanted to let you know on here in case it got caught in the junk mail folder too.
I'm sorry but that's funny!
Old 1/22/14, 04:34 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm sorry that we haven't been able to get you taken care of. This is a terrible experience and I'm very sorry. I have no problem offering you a full refund for your tuner and free tunes for life. I'll reach out to the Bama team now in hopes to figure out why you weren't contacted on multiple different occasions and why you consistently had to re-explain the issues you were having. I'll also make sure your full credit is issued, right away! Clearly we have done you wrong here and I apologize. I would really like to re gain your confidence and hopefully we can work slowly at this. Starting with your full credit and hopefully a tune that properly functions. -Dan
Thank you for contacting me. PM sent.
Old 1/22/14, 04:47 PM
V6 Member

Wow, way to go Dan & Shane! Now that's what I'm talkin' about. That's the kind of American Muscle customer care that makes it easy to make the big purchases. Hope it all works out for everyone involved
Old 1/22/14, 04:50 PM
Former Vendor

southcarolina12,

No harm in that lol. I found your info in our system and sent everything over to the Bama Team, as well as reviewed the issue with one of our lead Bama calibrators (Don).

You can expect a call from Don within the next 24 business hours. He'll more thoroughly review the symptoms you're experiencing over the phone & request that datalog you've already taken. Which can be sent directly to his email, so it's not misplayed in any way.

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with in the meantime!

Shane

Originally Posted by CVH
Thank you for contacting me. PM sent.
Hey CVH,

I was able to find your contact information in our system and sent it over to Don in Bama, as well. In fact, he's already called and left a VM on your phone. When you have a chance, please give me a call back!

We've already credited your account back for the tuner and tunes. On top of that, you can expect a call from one of my guys to setup an exchange for a new iTsX module. You don't have to send the defective module back until you receive the new unit!

Thanks again for quickly replying back and working with us to revise the situation. If you need assistance anything else, please let me know!

Shane

Last edited by AMWill; 1/22/14 at 04:58 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 05:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

southcarolina12,

No harm in that lol. I found your info in our system and sent everything over to the Bama Team, as well as reviewed the issue with one of our lead Bama calibrators (Don).

You can expect a call from Don within the next 24 business hours. He'll more thoroughly review the symptoms you're experiencing over the phone & request that datalog you've already taken. Which can be sent directly to his email, so it's not misplayed in any way.

Please feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with in the meantime!

Shane
im honestly dont even want to continue using bama. its taken 4 months for me to really get to talk to someone that willing to fix the problem and if it wasnt for me posting the problem where lots of people could see it then i still wouldnt have anybody willing to fix the problem. seems like if yall do get the tune right and i ever have a problem with it again ill have to post something else and thats just 2 much work when im paying for a tune. im either going to go with lund or steeda and be done with it. i would just like my money back which i think is i dont think is to much to ask for since i never even got to use my tune. if not im more than likely going to start looking else where for my future mustang parts purchases.

Last edited by southcarolina12; 1/22/14 at 05:14 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 05:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im honestly dont even want to continue using bama. its taken 4 months for me to really get to talk to someone that willing to fix the problem and if it wasnt for me posting the problem where lots of people could see it then i still wouldnt have anybody willing to fix the problem. seems like if yall do get the tune right and i ever have a problem with it again ill have to post something else and thats just 2 much work when im paying for a tune. im either going to go with lund or steeda and be done with it. i would just like my money back which i think is i dont think is to much to ask for since i never even got to use my tune. if not im more than likely going to start looking else where for my future mustang parts purchases.
You have the tuner right? So just drop another 150 bucks and go with Steeda if your that unhappy with bama. Easy fix bro.

Guys, Shane is working his tail off on here too try and make things right. He is not the owner of AM and doesn't tune our cars so its not his fault. Perhaps AM could hire an online forum rep like Shane and Dan to strictly handle bama related issues. One who specializes in just dealing with bama issues from forum members and leave Dan and Shane to handle AM related issues. I completely understand that Bama is a division of AM and perhaps it needs one liaison person who can resolve bama related issues. Just a thought but I am certain of one thing. Nobody is more involved and works harder too keep customers happy on this forum as Shane and Dan. Those two guys are American Muscle as far as I'm concerned. They work on numerous forums making sure customers are being taken care of and issues and concerns are being addressed.

That's not to take away other active companies on here like Steeda because TJ is always helpful as well and cool.

Last edited by 2011 Kona Blue; 1/22/14 at 05:44 PM.
Old 1/22/14, 05:53 PM
CVH
Bullitt Member

southcarolina12,

Shane

Hey CVH,

I was able to find your contact information in our system and sent it over to Don in Bama, as well. In fact, he's already called and left a VM on your phone. When you have a chance, please give me a call back!

We've already credited your account back for the tuner and tunes. On top of that, you can expect a call from one of my guys to setup an exchange for a new iTsX module. You don't have to send the defective module back until you receive the new unit!

Thanks again for quickly replying back and working with us to revise the situation. If you need assistance anything else, please let me know!

Shane
Thank you I have contacted Dan via Pm and he has set up the refund for me. I am currently out of the states until tomorrow morning on a show. I will give Don a return call tomorrow afternoon.
Much appreciated.
Old 1/23/14, 10:04 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

So I was refunded to an account I no longer have access to. I did ask for a refund, which is great that they refunded me, but I did not get confirmation to where I wanted the credit placed. And now I'm told I'm **** out of luck. The grave just gets deeper! Wish me luck for my call to BAMA to try and get my dongle replaced!

Last edited by CVH; 1/23/14 at 10:08 AM.
Old 1/23/14, 10:12 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CVH
So I was refunded to an account I no longer have access to. I did ask for a refund, which is great that they refunded me, but I did not get confirmation to where I wanted the credit placed. And now I'm told I'm **** out of luck. The grave just gets deeper! Wish me luck for my call to BAMA to try and get my dongle replaced!
You just have some bad luck bro. You need to stay away from driving with your poor luck. Lol. Jk bro
Old 1/23/14, 10:37 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Kona Blue
You just have some bad luck bro. You need to stay away from driving with your poor luck. Lol. Jk bro
Just got off the phone with Bama, they are replacing the dongle, which is good news on top of the refund. Not sure any other company would ever do that. A replace or refund alone is all I expected, but i believe for my frustrations they did both. So if I cant track down the refund, I cant complain.
And I live in South Florida for over 34 years now, accident free! Ill say thats good luck!

Last edited by CVH; 1/23/14 at 10:41 AM.
Old 1/23/14, 11:14 AM
V6 Member

Hay, Dan & Shane, are you seeing this ridiculous situation?

Very clever that they send the refund to an account you have no access to, I believe they call that insult to injury. The right thing to do is they should have sent you an American Muscle gift card with the credit on it so there would be no further issues, but noooooooo . . . .
Old 1/23/14, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very clever that they send the refund to an account you have no access to, I believe they call that insult to injury. The right thing to do is they should have sent you an American Muscle gift card with the credit on it so there would be no further issues, but noooooooo . . . .
So you think that we knew that he no longer has the card he used to pay for the purchase? How would we know that? And what part of that would that be clever? It was a simple mistake and we're getting it taken care of now.

Also, I think insult to injury would be to give him money back that he can only use with us. We're refunding him cash that he can choose to do what he wants with it. We absolutely hope that he'll give us his business and know that we value him as a customer, but we're not going to force him into it.

Let me know if I'm missing something? We truly are trying to take care of our loyal customers and friends here at TMS.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 1/23/14 at 11:25 AM.
Old 1/23/14, 11:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
So you think that we knew that he no longer has the card he used to pay for the purchase? How would that be clever? It was a simple mistake and we're getting it taken care of now.

Also, I think insult to injury would be to give him money back that he can only use with us. We're refunding him cash that he can choose to do what he wants with it. We absolutely hope that he'll give us his business and know that we value him as a customer, but we're not going to force him into it.

Let me know if I'm missing something? We truly are trying to take care of our loyal customers and friends here at TMS.
so what about taking care of me? thought i was a loyal customer customer with my 12 or so purchases from yall in the past year. maybe im not a big enough spender for to be considered a loyal customer to yall.
Old 1/23/14, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
So you think that we knew that he no longer has the card he used to pay for the purchase? How would we know that? And what part of that would that be clever? It was a simple mistake and we're getting it taken care of now.

Originally Posted by CVH
. . . . . I did ask for a refund, which is great that they refunded me, but I did not get confirmation to where I wanted the credit placed. And now I'm told I'm **** out of luck. . . . .
I believe this was what I was refering to, but if you've go it handled, I guess you're good to go. Also, he didn't say "card", I thought he mentioned "account" which I mistakenly thought was his AM account. Whatever, as long as CVH is good to go, so am I. We know AM takes care of it's customers, which I am one as well, was simply commenting on how ironic this has all become. So how's the refund process working for SouthCarolina12?

Last edited by StangDawg; 1/23/14 at 11:38 AM.

Quick Reply: STEEDA tune for '13 3.7L