Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

SR Springs + Koni STR.T +GT500mounts

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/13, 11:32 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pictures located in an earlier post on this thread. But dont you have 19s and different tire size than I? hard to compare unless you have my overall tire an rim size. This is where alot of people make mistakes. Rim/tire size will adjust the height of your ride.
Old 9/19/13, 04:49 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CVH
pictures located in an earlier post on this thread. But dont you have 19s and different tire size than I? hard to compare unless you have my overall tire an rim size. This is where alot of people make mistakes. Rim/tire size will adjust the height of your ride.
But that gap is what I'm saying. I'm trying to close that gap maybe another half inch or more on all four. You got the half inch in front but what about the rear. That for me needs to go lower too
Old 9/20/13, 06:22 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FloridaSixer
So what's the gap measurement between the tire and fender wall. That's the front measurement. And the rear just for reference
I have the measurements somewhere, Ill take a look. The rear actually went up slightly, my rear shocks were blown, it actually sat lower on one side because of this. The new shocks put it back in proper position.
Old 9/20/13, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CVH

I have the measurements somewhere, Ill take a look. The rear actually went up slightly, my rear shocks were blown, it actually sat lower on one side because of this. The new shocks put it back in proper position.
Ok. I've just heard that 1.5" is a good drop but I doubt I got that. Even so I'd love to go lower so I might want to swap them out. I think that's where my other thread comes into play haha
Old 9/22/13, 09:20 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know about the STR.Ts, but I used to have an S2000 that a lot of guys used the Koni yellows on. On those, you have two perches, and if you use the lower perch to mount the struts it gives you another 0.5" or so of drop. I'm guessing that the STR.Ts have the same setup, but only with the struts and so only in the front?
Old 9/23/13, 03:13 AM
FR500 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
How well did it cut on brake dive and body roll? I hate when i really hit the brakes and my water bottle flies out of the cupholder or my passenger flies out the window on a turn
Old 9/23/13, 07:01 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
How well did it cut on brake dive and body roll? I hate when i really hit the brakes and my water bottle flies out of the cupholder or my passenger flies out the window on a turn
The SR springs are near stock. A bit tighter on nose dive and squat but it's still there. The ride has stiffened and I like that. I'm running stock hardware other than that so thats all I can say
Old 9/23/13, 11:49 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
No dip/ No dive. Solid on Launch. Thinking of updating my sway bars, we always want more!
Old 9/23/13, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

are the gt500 mounts ALWAYS necessary when installing new suspension, or just optional? im thinking about getting the eibach pro-kit soon, and im trying to make sure I got all the things I need. also, if you could let me know any/all tools you needed/used for the installation, as I plan to do it myself too
Old 9/23/13, 11:06 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
are the gt500 mounts ALWAYS necessary when installing new suspension, or just optional? im thinking about getting the eibach pro-kit soon, and im trying to make sure I got all the things I need. also, if you could let me know any/all tools you needed/used for the installation, as I plan to do it myself too
Yeah, you pretty much need the mounts too. The stock mounts aren't strong enough and you will run into problems, much easier and cheaper to do it at the same time.
Old 9/24/13, 09:57 AM
CVH
Bullitt Member

The GT500 mounts are necessary to adapt the Koni STR.t struts.
Old 9/24/13, 12:07 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CVH
No dip/ No dive. Solid on Launch. Thinking of updating my sway bars, we always want more!
As part of the FRPP Handling Pack I had installed, I got the FRPP M-5490-C sway bar kit. The funny thing was, the instructions referenced the Eibach name throughout. Doesn't Ford actually build anything or is FRPP stuff all outsourced? Still, highly recommended.

My front sway bar is set in the middle position of the three holes. OMG does this car turn! Flat, no hop or chatter. No roll either, it just sticks. I also have a strut tower brace that looks just like yours, except painted silver.

The instructions also mention that I should go to the front hole (softest) for slippery/wet conditions. I'll go to that when my Michilen X Ice 3's go on next month. Winter's coming. The 3rd hole is for dry track only. Wow!

Last edited by ustabawannab; 9/24/13 at 12:14 PM.
Old 9/25/13, 02:09 PM
Bullitt Member

So honestly which one is better - The FRPP package, or SR Springs, Koni's, GT500 mounts, and Steeda sways?

Matthew
Old 9/26/13, 05:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
So honestly which one is better - The FRPP package, or SR Springs, Koni's, GT500 mounts, and Steeda sways?

Matthew
The second. I would pick different springs, SR is not known for their quality. Even substituting the FRPP springs would work, I think that's the weak link in the whole setup IMO.