'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Procharge?

Search this Thread

Old 6/20/12 | 05:03 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by CCTking
Anyone on here procharge their sixxer? If so what are your thougts about the system and reliability? Really curious about this mod! Also any other mods like driveshaft, exhaust, or intake would be awesome too!
Don't listen to others. A procharged V6 will be FASTTTTT. Definitely upgrade the driveshaft though. That stock one is dangerous.
Old 6/20/12 | 05:16 PM
Post *****

You guys are hilarious.

You've got me. I'm just tying to keep fast V6's off the roads because I'm scared.

This what I get for honestly trying to help someone out.
Old 6/20/12 | 05:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

Ok..you're not scared. But you admit then that with a procharger somebody could have a V6 that will kill your GT right? haha.
Old 6/20/12 | 05:34 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I don't give a flying **** what he does.

Just trying to stop him from waking up a year from now and saying dang I should've listened to Gary and Al.

Sounds like you have a chip on your V6 shoulder.
If you dont give a flying **** then why comment? Why would i spend so much money on one mod if i feel like id regret it someday?
Old 6/20/12 | 05:36 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by db2797
Ok..you're not scared. But you admit then that with a procharger somebody could have a V6 that will kill your GT right? haha.

Not mine.

Maybe someone else's.
Old 6/20/12 | 05:38 PM
Post *****

If you dont give a flying **** then why comment? Why would i spend so much money on one mod if i feel like id regret it someday?
Just giving a little advice from experience.

Take it for what it's worth. Which I can see by the way others feel here is nothing.

Old 6/20/12 | 05:39 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not mine.

Maybe someone else's.
Ahhhh...so you spent more $$$$$$ to mod your car to make it faster then?
Old 6/20/12 | 05:40 PM
FR500 Member

Don't listen to others. A procharged V6 will be FASTTTTT. Definitely upgrade the driveshaft though. That stock one is dangerous.
I remember watchin that video of a guy pushin 135 on the highway in his sixxer and his driveshaft blew up. Sestroyed his transmission, tore apart many interior bits, and did thousands of bucks worth of damage
Old 6/20/12 | 05:42 PM
Post *****

Ahhhh...so you spent more $$$$$$ to mod your car to make it faster then?
Uh yeah.

I know of what I speak. I could have had a Shelby for what I spent on my lowly GT.
Old 6/20/12 | 05:43 PM
FR500 Member

Just giving a little advice from experience.

Take it for what it's worth. Which I can see by the way others feel here is nothing.

Why are you so bitter about this man? I really dont get it. I mean if i do regret it then i regret it. If i dont and i enjoy blastin by other v8's both on the roads and as theyre sitting at the gas station.
Old 6/20/12 | 05:48 PM
Post *****

Why are you so bitter about this man? I really dont get it. I mean if i do regret it then i regret it. If i dont and i enjoy blastin by other v8's both on the roads and as theyre sitting at the gas station.
Hey go for it man. More power to you. I don't see how I'm bitter but if you say so.

I hope it turns out awesome. I have nothing against a V6. Go for it!
Old 6/20/12 | 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Uh yeah.

I know of what I speak. I could have had a Shelby for what I spent on my lowly GT.
Then I don't get it...you're recommending he buy a GT because he'd "regret" spending the money on upgrading it when he could have had a v8 (a slower one nonetheless). But you say you regret buying your GT because with the money you could have bought a Shelby?

Seems like an illogical argument. Why wouldn't he regret buying the GT himself then because after he buys it, he might want to make it faster than a Shelby, when he could have just bought a Shelby?

See the issue with this logic? It doesn't matter what you buy. There' something else that's "faster". So at what point does a person say. "That's exactly how fast I'll want my car for ever and ever and ever"?

The simple fact is that for the price less than a GT, you can have a V6 which is much faster than the GT. That's not a bad deal.
Old 6/20/12 | 06:24 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Wow look how far this thread has gone. Dude you can mod whatever you want to. Spend your money on whatever you want to. Ask any questions that you want to. And receive any advise that we want to give you. Boost your sixer if you want too. Which brings me to my next comment. Procharger blowers suck. Vortec is the better blower.
Old 6/20/12 | 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Ugh. Why do all my fellow v6 owners get defensive?! We all drive mustangs gents. Save this energy for rivers!! Haha.

One love
Old 6/20/12 | 06:39 PM
Post *****

Then I don't get it...you're recommending he buy a GT because he'd "regret" spending the money on upgrading it when he could have had a v8 (a slower one nonetheless). But you say you regret buying your GT because with the money you could have bought a Shelby?

Seems like an illogical argument. Why wouldn't he regret buying the GT himself then because after he buys it, he might want to make it faster than a Shelby, when he could have just bought a Shelby?

See the issue with this logic? It doesn't matter what you buy. There' something else that's "faster". So at what point does a person say. "That's exactly how fast I'll want my car for ever and ever and ever"?

The simple fact is that for the price less than a GT, you can have a V6 which is much faster than the GT. That's not a bad deal.
You throw LOGIC out the window when you spend thousands to put a blower on any car. I don't care how many cylinders it has.
Old 6/20/12 | 06:43 PM
Just Plain Rude!

As a V6 owner, I'm offended at the stupidity I've just read...thanks to the other V6 owners. Unless being at the level of a GT is your end goal or you just wanna be "that guy with a fast V6", it's stupid to mod a V6. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If you're planning on selling it soon anyway, it's just gonna lower your resale value.

Do a search. There was a similar thread to this, but it was a lot less retarded.
Old 6/20/12 | 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
As a V6 owner, I'm offended at the stupidity I've just read...thanks to the other V6 owners. Unless being at the level of a GT is your end goal or you just wanna be "that guy with a fast V6", it's stupid to mod a V6. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. If you're planning on selling it soon anyway, it's just gonna lower your resale value.

Do a search. There was a similar thread to this, but it was a lot less retarded.
So v6'ers that mod their car are doing it to "get at the level of a GT"? No actually, I think you'd mod a v6 to be at the level of other modded cars that are much faster than a GT. Seriously...do people realize that there are V6's that are over 1200hp? Who cares if you are looking to make a v8 fast or a v6 fast. What's with this bizarre notion and the ganging up against those that choose to mod these 6's?
Old 6/20/12 | 07:19 PM
Just Plain Rude!

So v6'ers that mod their car are doing it to "get at the level of a GT"? No actually, I think you'd mod a v6 to be at the level of other modded cars that are much faster than a GT. Seriously...do people realize that there are V6's that are over 1200hp? Who cares if you are looking to make a v8 fast or a v6 fast. What's with this bizarre notion and the ganging up against those that choose to mod these 6's?
I'm referring to modding them moderately/safely without dropping whole ****-tons of cash into it. Reliably, you'll only be at the level of a GT. If you want to spend a ****-ton on a V6 to get it to 1200HP, then go for it. But that's irrelevant...
Old 6/20/12 | 07:29 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 2012BLKV6
Ugh. Why do all my fellow v6 owners get defensive?! We all drive mustangs gents. Save this energy for rivers!! Haha.

One love
I had this same conversation when I first joined this forum. I drive a mustang because it's a mustang. I'm 21, so I went with a sixxer for the fuel economy of a daily driver.
If you want to mod, then do it. If I had an extra 7 or 8 grand, I'd probably do it just for ****s and giggles. Everyone wants to go faster regardless of what's under the hood. There is a reason I wave at every mustang that passes me. Even when I'm in the Shelby, I wave a everyone. I'm just happy to be in my dream car.
Old 6/20/12 | 07:38 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36

Its not stupid to mod a v6, its all a part of being a car enthusiast. You can mod 4,6,8,10, and 12 cylinders if you so please. I never said i was gonna go through with the procharger mod, i simply said i was curious. Its fun to mod no matter what size engine you have. And if i do mod, which i have on my 02 gt, i kept all stock parts so when the time to sell does come i install all the stocks to keep original resale value. That strategy is "a lot less retarded."

Quick Reply: Procharge?