Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

Borla s-type with midpipes

Search this Thread

Old 4/22/14, 09:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Siber Express
I am actually only 2200 miles away, so at an average speed of 71 MPH you can make it in 31 hours. To do it legally in the truck was actually 47 hours. The only 2 states I have not been to is North Dakota and Hawaii.
The Police must be getting easier out there, my 73 Cougar used to get me stopped all the time in Azusa and Covina for noise.

Things are probably the same in those places, I live in LA.. here the cops don't seem to give a crap unless you're in the process of murdering somebody, or the cops are the ones murdering you. And even then I don't know. Kinda scary living here sometimes lol. But at the same time in some ways it's not so bad with them not enforcing stupid idiotic laws. Some cops are pretty cool, and I know at least one sheriff that's awesome!

But those small towns like Azusa & Covina, I think those places are more strict.
Old 4/24/14, 10:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Things are probably the same in those places, I live in LA.. here the cops don't seem to give a crap unless you're in the process of murdering somebody, or the cops are the ones murdering you. And even then I don't know. Kinda scary living here sometimes lol. But at the same time in some ways it's not so bad with them not enforcing stupid idiotic laws. Some cops are pretty cool, and I know at least one sheriff that's awesome!

But those small towns like Azusa & Covina, I think those places are more strict.
At first I was going to say "hey now" but then I read the rest of your post .

I am going to be swapping out my FlowMaster Comp axlebacks for Either Roush, or ATAKs. I am not happy at all with the Comp axlebacks. To much drone between 1500-2000RPMs, and sounds very hollow.
Old 4/24/14, 05:23 PM
GT Member

I don't have this, but I'm wondering if any of you do? I do have the Borla S-type / stingers axlebacks. Yesterday I met up with another v6 guy but he had roush axlebacks... I couldn't get over how freaking good they sound. The stingers sound good at WOT, and a little bit at idle and start up, but on regular driving theyre so quiet. No drone problems though, and the guy did mention he has a little drone with his. So back to my question, does anybody have borla s-type axle backs with maybe a x-pipe or h-pipe? Anybody out there with a bbk catted stock length x-pipe? I'm wondering if I add this and shorty headers if it'll give the exhaust more life
Yea I have a 2013 v6 stick and I have an Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, FRPP xpipe, and borla S types and it sounds great all through the RPMs, I get a lot of crackles and pops when I'm shifting and when I down shift, these sound heavy!! Nice deep rumble at idle. I love them!
Old 4/24/14, 06:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Matt's 95 Stang
At first I was going to say "hey now" but then I read the rest of your post .

I am going to be swapping out my FlowMaster Comp axlebacks for Either Roush, or ATAKs. I am not happy at all with the Comp axlebacks. To much drone between 1500-2000RPMs, and sounds very hollow.
See if you can meet up with Michael from the SoCal thread, then you can hear the Roush. Knowing what you told me last time about wanting them loud, I think you might really like them

Originally Posted by michael 20
Yea I have a 2013 v6 stick and I have an Airaid CAI, BBK shorty headers, FRPP xpipe, and borla S types and it sounds great all through the RPMs, I get a lot of crackles and pops when I'm shifting and when I down shift, these sound heavy!! Nice deep rumble at idle. I love them!
The only thing idk if I would get that you have is the x-pipe. but are you local to me(SoCal) ? I'd love to hear your car!
Old 4/28/14, 11:02 AM
GT Member

See if you can meet up with Michael from the SoCal thread, then you can hear the Roush. Knowing what you told me last time about wanting them loud, I think you might really like them The only thing idk if I would get that you have is the x-pipe. but are you local to me(SoCal) ? I'd love to hear your car!
Yea San Diego, Carmel valley PM Me for my number!
Old 4/28/14, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by michael 20
Yea San Diego, Carmel valley PM Me for my number!
Dang you're kinda far.. but still PM sent