Notices
'10-14 V6 Modifications Place to discuss 2010 V6 modifications

2014 power opening quarter windows

Old 2/20/16, 07:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 power opening quarter windows

I just installed power opening quarter windows.Real cool modification and adds great ventilation.Sold by American muscle and at the manufacture One Piece Products.
Old 2/21/16, 05:04 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
any pictures of the inside?
I like that
Old 2/21/16, 10:46 AM
Cobra Member

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts
Ya that's pretty cool actually. I was wondering if you can get it without the window cover and that's actually the only way it comes. I guess you can add any cover you want or run it without a cover which is what I would do. I really like it but for $600 it would be far down on my list of mods. Thanks for posting, something new I haven't seen before.
Old 2/21/16, 10:51 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
If I didn't have a convertible, I'd love to do that mod.
Old 2/21/16, 12:58 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Just watched the install vid. Looks cool.
Then I read the install instructions. Not bad.
Then I got to the part where you need to place this cover to hide the motor. That's where I stopped liking what I saw.
IMO it looks like they just made a cover to hide the motor and stands out. That's where the OEM look fell way short to me.
If that could get cleaned up to look OEM it would change my opinion. We all know about them...Ha Ha.
To be honest...opening 1/4 windows should be standard or at least an option. But it wasn't.
Old 2/21/16, 01:08 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Just watched the install vid. Looks cool.
Then I read the install instructions. Not bad.
Then I got to the part where you need to place this cover to hide the motor. That's where I stopped liking what I saw.
IMO it looks like they just made a cover to hide the motor and stands out. That's where the OEM look fell way short to me.
If that could get cleaned up to look OEM it would change my opinion. We all know about them...Ha Ha.
To be honest...opening 1/4 windows should be standard or at least an option. But it wasn't.
Standard, this would add at least $1500 to the price of the car's bottom line, period. As a option, it would be $2000, IMO. I'm sure I'm overblowing it... or am I?

It's not the materials, it's the engineering. Adding it as a mod is one thing, making it a manufacturer warranty and absolutely not supposed to ever leak, fit perfect, testing testing testing, NVH, etc, ad nauseum...

Plus, they'd have to engineer the car to hide it better than this mod does. This mod is hideous in it's final form, inside the car.

Oh, and it then can't be an option, because two different pieces of glass, two different pieces of quarter trim... it's bad enough you have a convertible vs a fastback, now you want two different fastbacks? Right.

For the price, it's better this way. And I can do a much better job of finishing the cover so it looks nice if I desired. Heck, I dare say I would mod the quarter panel so it would look as one piece when I was done, but then I'd be covering it in vinyl or leather to do that. AND I'd be having an entire set of interior bits to get it all done at once, not just that quarter panel, if I was goin' that far.

That gives me ideas I shouldn't be listening to...

Last edited by houtex; 2/21/16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 2/22/16, 04:34 AM

I haven't put the inside covers on yet,I will post when that done. kiwi4
Old 2/22/16, 04:37 AM

The covers that are on it,are ford factory louvers,It can be done without them or another kind as long as they are attached to the window.kiwi4
Old 2/22/16, 06:42 AM

Houtex ,Not sure what that was about but thanks for running down my project.kiwi4
Old 2/22/16, 11:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good. Took a look at the instructions and while a lot of work I don't think that the motor cover looks all that bad. After all this is an aftermarket mod.

Good job on the install.
Old 2/22/16, 09:03 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Originally Posted by kiwi4
Houtex ,Not sure what that was about but thanks for running down my project.kiwi4

Sir, I was talking about two things:

1 - The cost of the car, whether the thing was standard or an option as suggested by the post above, that would be added if Ford did this.

2 - The fact that the instruction manual that I saw on AM shows the 'end result' of the cover being put on, and it is hideous, and I am rather disappointed in them for half assing that particular bit. Further, if I were doing the mod, I would incorporate the covers as permanent members of the upper quarter panel trim, and probably wind up covering the entire interior so as to make it look factory, yet not, because I'm weird like that.

If any of that means I'm "running down" (which I interpret as meaning 'disparage' or 'negatively critique'... am I wrong?) your project, well I guess so then.

I wasn't, if it matters. I dig the thing overall.

Last edited by houtex; 2/22/16 at 09:06 PM.