Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Upset

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/13, 07:44 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Upset

Ordered a CAI and SCT Tune from Steeda. Came in today after over a week waiting for it because I was charged improperly. Ok things happen. The product looks used. Two of the packages are actually open, the cone filter is bent in several places and its for a 2011 car. I own a 2013. Its also a shipping bill to someone in McCallen TX. I thought maybe it was sent to the wrong place but it has my PCM on the paperwork. I have pictures but do not know how to upload on this site. Now I am waiting even longer to have the parts on my car.
Old 2/7/13, 07:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Not sure on the cai but the tuner has to be removed from package to program.
Old 2/7/13, 08:03 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Not sure on the cai but the tuner has to be removed from package to program.
popped right open. this is ridiculous.
Old 2/7/13, 08:09 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
I am sorry for the issue with your cai. Please email me at tim@steeda with your order details so that I can pass this along to our sales manager.

We will get this taken care of for you as soon as we can.

Best regards.

Tj

Last edited by tj@steeda; 2/7/13 at 08:14 PM.
Old 2/7/13, 08:36 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
I am sorry for the issue with your cai. Please email me at tim@steeda with your order details so that I can pass this along to our sales manager.

We will get this taken care of for you as soon as we can.

Best regards.

Tj
I emailed you Tim. I hope this does get resolved and quickly. I have 2 invoices in the box and one is to another client so its obvious what was sent to me is used. I hope to get a NEW CAI very very soon.
Old 2/7/13, 08:52 PM
Cobra Member

Sounds like a free cai & tune for you man. Do the right thing Steeda! Steeda 93 tune & Cai here.
Old 2/8/13, 07:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Yes ... I received all of your pictures and information last night. I have sent your information on to the sales manager and shipping department. We will work through the issues and we will have a solution for you shortly.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/8/13, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm confused...did you attempt to contact them prior to posting this?
Old 2/8/13, 06:11 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Bigblue11
I'm confused...did you attempt to contact them prior to posting this?
No I posted first as I received the package after hours.
Old 2/8/13, 06:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Sounds like a free cai & tune for you man. Do the right thing Steeda! Steeda 93 tune & Cai here.
Thanks the CAI discounted by 50% would have worked for me or even $150 store credit, unfortunately I was told that I would receive a new CAI some time next week and no further incentive. I did not even get shipping notice today that it went out today. I will post an update.
Old 2/8/13, 06:34 PM
V6 Member

UPDATE

Well here is the update:

Fastest response to a situation for a company that I have seen. Response on the forum within minutes and I received a call first thing this am. The things I have an issue with: the resolution was to send me another CAI regular fedex home delivery. I have already waited an additional 2 days due to being improperly charged on my card and my order not being sent until they corrected it. Well I received no email today regarding a shipment being sent. I received parts that were obviously returned by another customer with that customer's full name and address in my box. The parts were opened and damaged. I was not offered store credit, refund of any sort for having to wait now a full 2 weeks for my CAI and the total disrespect of receiving someone else's order that had been opened. I have no incentive as a customer to order from the company again, which being in business myself, concerns me as to whether they care about the customer. Most enthusiasts start with exhaust, CAI and tune and continue on. I do believe from what I am reading and now seeing that their CAI is the best for 11-13 mustangs in quality and design so I have not given up on Steeda, but I am not feeling like I am receiving their best.

Last edited by BLACKSTANG13; 2/8/13 at 06:38 PM.
Old 2/8/13, 07:26 PM
GT Member

Dude, they made a mistake and now they are fixing it. No need to write a diary about it.
Old 2/8/13, 07:32 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BLACKSTANG13
Well here is the update:

So I take it you walk on water and don't even make a splash.

A shipping error was made and they are correcting it asap. Since when does that justify massive discounts or whatever?? Geez bud. Have a beer and chill.
Old 2/8/13, 07:48 PM
GT Member

Steeda has some of the highest prices, but their customer service is not notch. The OP sounds like a crybaby. You have to give someone a chance to make it right, before flaming them in an open forum. Thats probably why they(steeda) don't even want to give you any incentives. They and I'm sure almost anybody, dont want customers like you.
Old 2/8/13, 09:10 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well here is the update:

Fastest response to a situation for a company that I have seen. Response on the forum within minutes and I received a call first thing this am. The things I have an issue with: the resolution was to send me another CAI regular fedex home delivery. I have already waited an additional 2 days due to being improperly charged on my card and my order not being sent until they corrected it. Well I received no email today regarding a shipment being sent. I received parts that were obviously returned by another customer with that customer's full name and address in my box. The parts were opened and damaged. I was not offered store credit, refund of any sort for having to wait now a full 2 weeks for my CAI and the total disrespect of receiving someone else's order that had been opened. I have no incentive as a customer to order from the company again, which being in business myself, concerns me as to whether they care about the customer. Most enthusiasts start with exhaust, CAI and tune and continue on. I do believe from what I am reading and now seeing that their CAI is the best for 11-13 mustangs in quality and design so I have not given up on Steeda, but I am not feeling like I am receiving their best.
I forgot about the rule of not paying or getting 50% off is a error is made.

the "incentive" is the top notch stuff they make.. I agree with the guy above who said you might of gotten better if you would of waited and not blasted them in public before talking them.
Old 2/8/13, 09:13 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
You have no right to free/discounted items. A mistake was made, and they're fixing it. That's all you can do. You even said yourself that their response was very quick and they're working on fixing it. But a mistake doesn't entitle you to a freebie. The fact that you were ok with a 50% discount tells me that you didn't care to get your order fixed. You just want things free/cheap.
Old 2/8/13, 09:31 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
I kinda like Steeda. This is all new to me.
Old 2/8/13, 09:54 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2012GT
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
You have no right to free/discounted items. A mistake was made, and they're fixing it. That's all you can do. You even said yourself that their response was very quick and they're working on fixing it. But a mistake doesn't entitle you to a freebie. The fact that you were ok with a 50% discount tells me that you didn't care to get your order fixed. You just want things free/cheap.
Wow I guess tone cannot be conveyed over the internet. The above post was obviously a joke so I played along. To answer your question I paid the price quoted. I don't want things free as people have to make money, but I do want them new and on time. I wanted my order sent to me faster than waiting another week. Seriously most places will offer an incentive like next day shipping a SMALL discount on the NEXT order for someone that places their first order and its messed up from the beginning. I do think Steeda is a great company or I wouldn't have ordered from them so don't get it twisted.
Old 2/8/13, 10:43 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
I was not offered store credit, refund of any sort for having to wait now a full 2 weeks for my CAI and the total disrespect of receiving someone else's order that had been opened. I have no incentive as a customer to order from the company again...
I'm just gonna go ahead and quote that whole section of your post...You're fishing for a discount, plain and simple.
Wow I guess tone cannot be conveyed over the internet. The above post was obviously a joke so I played along. To answer your question I paid the price quoted. I don't want things free as people have to make money, but I do want them new and on time. I wanted my order sent to me faster than waiting another week. Seriously most places will offer an incentive like next day shipping a SMALL discount on the NEXT order for someone that places their first order and its messed up from the beginning. I do think Steeda is a great company or I wouldn't have ordered from them so don't get it twisted.
Did you *request* faster shipping? If not, then you have nothing to complain about. I don't know what their standard shipping is and you didn't state it, so it may already be more than sufficient. Do you have a deadline to meet?...If so, then it would've been wise to plan ahead for delays/issues.
Old 2/9/13, 04:27 AM

Well here is the update:

why are you getting your panties in a wode? whats the big deal, the co is going to make it right and no one is going to die.

Quick Reply: Upset