Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Tunes: Lund, Blankenship, Bama, Lethal, Evolution?

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/13, 05:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tom281
They're still big in the new model years, they just decided to stop posting in most forums after they built their new shop a few years ago.
Translation: They don't have round the clock operators making $8.00 an hour spamming all the websites like some.
Old 2/23/13, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well lemme put it this way, I was told just recently (thursday) that most tunes are created equal. Its just up to how far each individual company wants to push it.

I for one wish i had bought my tune from Steeda, simply because customer service is what matters most. And Ive never had anything but good from them, they will be doing a retune for me this week.
Old 2/23/13, 09:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92
I'd really like to hear about some personal experience people have had with tunes on 11-13 5.0's because thats what I have and I'm also interested in a cam tune.
So reading a dozen random opinions from strangers whom you don't know will somehow guide you in choosing a tuner? FWIW my Steeda cam tune sucks, their regular tune is fine.
Old 2/24/13, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
65SOHC,

Did you have Gus provide you with a tune revision? Sometimes we have to modify the tune to make it perfect.

Let me know if I can help with your tune?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 2/24/13, 12:35 PM
GT Member

CAI, LT, X-pipe, Catless, 93, Custom Lund tune for racing. I actually have 3 Lund tunes depending on surface grip. Jon is excellent to work with. I plan on testing a couple TC/ABS tunes with him this Summer.

Dave
Old 2/24/13, 01:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
65SOHC,

Did you have Gus provide you with a tune revision? Sometimes we have to modify the tune to make it perfect.

Let me know if I can help with your tune?

Best Regards,

TJ
TJ, Gus was more than willing to try and fix the tune but to be honest I got lazy and didn't feel like doing any more datalogging after doing tons of it for AED. Gus was nice enough to send me the standard CAI tune at no extra charge and it worked well. Now that the weather is getting nice I will do some logs and see what Gus can come up with. Hopefully I will have good things to report. It seems like the issues I had were the same as what others were experiencing and given the fact that this was last year, chances are they have been worked out. The main problem was stalling after engine startup. I would start the engine, let the idle stabilize for a few seconds, and then when I would touch the throttle to enter the lope phase it would die. I could usually get around that by punching it a few times but it was annoying and made my car sound like it ran like crap. The other main problem was very nonlinear acceleration between about 3000 and 4500 RPM where it felt like the throttle suddenly opened much more than gas pedal movement would have commanded.
Old 2/24/13, 01:25 PM

I'm tuned by Jon Lund and have absolutely no issues with cammed race tune and 93 race tune I've tried a bunch of tunes spent alot of money on tunes and none have gotten my car running like Jon Lund! From personal experience his tunes were the best for me. My car runs awesome. Yes Jon Lund tunes for evolution performance and lethal. He also works with power by the hour and runs lundracing! If you look at muscle mustangs and fast fords and 5.0 magazines you will see he's the tuner that tunes all of the high horsepower mustangs on the front cover I have nothing but great experiences and great customer relations from lundracing they are awesome!
Old 2/26/13, 02:40 PM
GT Member

I have the following:

Steeda, C&L Performance, and AED

All are great tunes w/ great customer service.

I also have Lund....they took my money and ran.
Old 2/26/13, 06:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
65SOHC,

Sometimes the tunes don't come out perfect the first time ... but once they are re-tuned by Gus ... they turn out great.

Just email me or Gus when your ready and we will start the process.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/7/13, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by BadHabit2Break
I have the following:

Steeda, C&L Performance, and AED

All are great tunes w/ great customer service.

I also have Lund....they took my money and ran.

Are you sure you went through Lund racing cause that doesn't sound like them at all! I have nothing but great experiences with them every time I need something done.
Old 3/7/13, 02:08 PM

I too can vouch for lund being great. i put a ticket in and within 15 minutes i received an email and got everything taken care of right then and there.
Old 3/7/13, 02:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 012stang
Are you sure you went through Lund racing cause that doesn't sound like them at all! I have nothing but great experiences with them every time I need something done.
Yes I am sure...dealt with KenB. After 6 base files that would not run for crap and he sent me a 7th one that actually ran nice, I never heard back from him.

You feel like the little guy when he starts waiting a month or two to get you an update or reply to an email.

As of now, I have been waiting since October for an update to the 7th base tune file. Still no word from him and this is March.

Originally Posted by adwal99
I too can vouch for lund being great. i put a ticket in and within 15 minutes i received an email and got everything taken care of right then and there.
I got the same, but after that it went down hill fast.
Old 3/7/13, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

I have an AED tune right now and for basic boltons shaun is the man. I really dont think anyone can compete with his customer service. Ive gotten tune revisions back in as little as 2 hours from him on two different occasions. First time I installed my boss intake, I emailed him after I ordered it and got a revision back in 1.5 hours. Second time my SCT programmer was having a brain fart and wouldn't recalibrate my speedo for my 3.73 gears. I emailed shaun and in 2 hours he had me a revised tune again with all the parameters changed for me and it worked perfectly. And that is just me he has the same customer service for everyone.

Last edited by Burke985; 3/7/13 at 08:37 PM.
Old 3/8/13, 02:24 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Burke985
I have an AED tune right now and for basic boltons shaun is the man. I really dont think anyone can compete with his customer service. Ive gotten tune revisions back in as little as 2 hours from him on two different occasions. First time I installed my boss intake, I emailed him after I ordered it and got a revision back in 1.5 hours. Second time my SCT programmer was having a brain fart and wouldn't recalibrate my speedo for my 3.73 gears. I emailed shaun and in 2 hours he had me a revised tune again with all the parameters changed for me and it worked perfectly. And that is just me he has the same customer service for everyone.
I have an AED tune also, and had excellent service with Shaun.
Old 3/9/13, 01:57 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Womprat
AM, free tunes for life for the VIN locked to the tuner, sell the car SOL unless you send the tuner back to the manufacturer to unlock, then you get to buy more tunes if you get another stang. SCT wants to charge 150$ to unlock the Bama tuner I bought before he joined AM, then AM want to sell me more tunes for 150$, considering what I originally paid for the tuner and tunes for the old car and that I OWN the xcal2 why should I have to pay to unlock the device I own, lol. The tunes I understand, but really? If I am mistaken feel free to update me on this... So if you can get the tuner unlocked and plan to keep your car for a while go for it. For the record, the Bama tunes were very good, especially the race 93 octane tune. It was a good base for the local tuner to start with and get more hp safely from, lol.
I agree with WOMPRAT on this subject. I purchased my tuner from AM, had it on the car for around 6 months and the car was totaled in December, as much damage as there was to the front end of the car there was no way to tune the car back to stock before the car was towed away. So now I am out $300+ for the tuner that just sits on my tool bench.
When you place your order for the tuner they ask for the code on the computer, that tells me THEY (BAMA) can unlock it and turn it back to factory and then install new tunes on it using the new code from your present car...
Or for what its worth I feel they should wave the fee for circumstances where proof can be shown that the car could not be reset to factory.
Thats just shady if you ask me.

Tell me how you could reset the car back to factory after this collision when all electrical components are torn out, cant turn ignition on or anything else. And your lucky to be alive!!
Attached Thumbnails Tunes: Lund, Blankenship, Bama, Lethal, Evolution?-img_0876.jpg  
Old 3/9/13, 02:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
One could argue that a replacement tuner could have been on the insurance claim list.
Old 3/11/13, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by 65sohc
So reading a dozen random opinions from strangers whom you don't know will somehow guide you in choosing a tuner? FWIW my Steeda cam tune sucks, their regular tune is fine.
Yes it will. Lets me know about customer service and setups other people have and any issues they had. I know everyone is going to brag on their tune cause they chose it for one reason or another and that was their choice but I'd still like to hear about their experiences.
Old 3/11/13, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by 012stang
I'm tuned by Jon Lund and have absolutely no issues with cammed race tune and 93 race tune I've tried a bunch of tunes spent alot of money on tunes and none have gotten my car running like Jon Lund! From personal experience his tunes were the best for me. My car runs awesome. Yes Jon Lund tunes for evolution performance and lethal. He also works with power by the hour and runs lundracing! If you look at muscle mustangs and fast fords and 5.0 magazines you will see he's the tuner that tunes all of the high horsepower mustangs on the front cover I have nothing but great experiences and great customer relations from lundracing they are awesome!
Does evolution charge for tune updates when you get a new upgrade?
Old 3/11/13, 03:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92
Does evolution charge for tune updates when you get a new upgrade?
Evolution uses Lund for tuning and no charge for updates unless something major was done like nitrous or a blower.
Old 3/11/13, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Evolution uses Lund for tuning and no charge for updates unless something major was done like nitrous or a blower.
So say I buy a tuner now. Then I buy a cold air. They won't charge me to update the tune?

Quick Reply: Tunes: Lund, Blankenship, Bama, Lethal, Evolution?