Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Tunes: Lund, Blankenship, Bama, Lethal, Evolution?

Search this Thread

Old 3/11/13, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92
So say I buy a tuner now. Then I buy a cold air. They won't charge me to update the tune?
Correct. None of the well known tuners will charge you for a small change like that. That includes Steeda, VMP, AED, Amazon, BBR, Brenspeed etc etc. The tunes for life from Bama are just a marketing ploy.
Old 3/11/13, 04:58 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Send this to SCT, they should return this back to stock or free. An accident such as this that totals your vehicle and SCT will reprogram.

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR
I agree with WOMPRAT on this subject. I purchased my tuner from AM, had it on the car for around 6 months and the car was totaled in December, as much damage as there was to the front end of the car there was no way to tune the car back to stock before the car was towed away. So now I am out $300+ for the tuner that just sits on my tool bench.
When you place your order for the tuner they ask for the code on the computer, that tells me THEY (BAMA) can unlock it and turn it back to factory and then install new tunes on it using the new code from your present car...
Or for what its worth I feel they should wave the fee for circumstances where proof can be shown that the car could not be reset to factory.
Thats just shady if you ask me.

Tell me how you could reset the car back to factory after this collision when all electrical components are torn out, cant turn ignition on or anything else. And your lucky to be alive!!
Old 3/12/13, 11:56 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
Send this to SCT, they should return this back to stock or free. An accident such as this that totals your vehicle and SCT will reprogram.
Agreed. SCT will not charge you an unlock fee if you provide proof that the previous vehicle was a total loss. They'll ask for a copy of a police report or insurance letter that includes the VIN when you send in the device. Just contact SCT tech support to set up an RMA.
Old 3/13/13, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
Correct. None of the well known tuners will charge you for a small change like that. That includes Steeda, VMP, AED, Amazon, BBR, Brenspeed etc etc. The tunes for life from Bama are just a marketing ploy.
How big of a change would it take for them to charge? I plan to get an off-road h pipe and the boss 302 intake. Then I will be set for a while to work on some visuals. I just want to be able to put it on a stock 5 liter and I'll be pretty happy. I know I can get in the 12's at the drag strip with no mods. I used my track ups and ran 13.1 with two people in the car. Plus I plan on striping the car down too because I have the comfort package so dual power seats and I imagine those are pretty heavy.
Old 3/13/13, 11:59 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Dont strip the car down,whats wrong with having a fast car with all the goodies.
Old 3/13/13, 12:09 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vertblkmustang92
How big of a change would it take for them to charge? I plan to get an off-road h pipe and the boss 302 intake.
If it were us tuning for the h-pipe and boss intake would be free upgrades. Something like aggressive cams, forced induction, or some custom fabricated stuff would incur a new charge for tuning. Mainly comes down to how much of our time it takes to make the tune change and if any datalogging is required.
Old 3/14/13, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Ponywars
Dont strip the car down,whats wrong with having a fast car with all the goodies.
It's only for when I run at the strip then I'm putting it all back lol. I want a nice slip to show off
Old 3/15/13, 10:13 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MorePowerTuning
Agreed. SCT will not charge you an unlock fee if you provide proof that the previous vehicle was a total loss. They'll ask for a copy of a police report or insurance letter that includes the VIN when you send in the device. Just contact SCT tech support to set up an RMA.
Thanks for the info on that, I did contact them and they are going to unlock it for free. I have my RMA number and just have to get it in the mail back to them on Monday.
Now if only Bama would do the same thing!!!!!
Old 3/15/13, 11:04 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by TORMENTOR

Thanks for the info on that, I did contact them and they are going to unlock it for free. I have my RMA number and just have to get it in the mail back to them on Monday.
Now if only Bama would do the same thing!!!!!
Did they already say no? I would talk to AM and see what they say
Old 3/15/13, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Planeswalker

I've only tried 2 different cam tunes, Steeda and BAMA. The Steeda one would stall on cold start-ups and randomly stall while driving, I remember TheDivaDanielle having the same issues. So, I ordered a cam tune from BAMA, it was free so I had nothing to lose. It sounds every bit as good as the Steeda one did, but doesn't have the stalling issues. Last time I checked though BAMA would only do cam tunes if you have O/R mid pipes. I have heard good things from other big name tuners, but I have no personal experience with their cam tunes. Just be aware that alot of places list their cam tunes seperate from regular tunes, so you will have to buy more than one tune.

You could try searching for other threads, since this subject has been beat to death.
Yup and after one revision, rather than hunt it down, they (Steeda) gave me a refund instead. Bama on the other hand, their stock intake cam tune has/had been badass, but they can't seem to dial in my cam tune with my JLT intake, so for now, I'm on the non cam tune. I've actually considered putting the stock intake back in because of this.

Frustrating because I don't have lofty mod plans till its paid off.

Last edited by TheDivaDanielle; 3/15/13 at 01:18 PM.