Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Tune

Search this Thread

Old 12/3/17, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Steeda Tune

Who ever has a steeda tune please can you post your feedback on it, whether it was a noticeable big improvement or not.
Old 12/4/17, 06:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
I don't have one of their tunes, but just wanted to mention, any email tune will be fairly conservative since no company will want to send out a tune that might be on the ragged edge and possibly blow up your engine.

VMP might be the most aggressive out-of-the-box tune, but AM/Bama, Steeda, and many others will be very similar.

ALL email tunes will generally benefit from tweaking on a local dyno with an actual tuner datalogging runs.

When I first got my tuner, it was a combo of an Airaid intake and a Bama tune on an SCT tuner, it put down 390 rwhp, a decent upgrade from the usual 365-370 that the '11-'14 5.0's normally put down.

The local tuner (Pete @ Performance Dyno in Loudon NH) was able to tweak that tune to 405 rwhp, and the car actually drove better and felt peppier.

Old 12/4/17, 10:10 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
I have a 93 steeda tune. My main reason was because I run there CAI and went cat delete.
No complaints. Car runs great. I did not do the tune for any power. Just so I would not throw a code. Removing the cats is where I picked up the extra HP.
Old 12/4/17, 10:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Yes, our tunes are written to be safe, reliable & powerful - a great trio of attributes.

There are other powerful tuners out there but with Steeda, we offer peace of mind that your car won't be in jeopardy by pushing it to the limits.

Feel free to email me at tim@steeda.com if I can assist further.

Best Regards,

TJ
The following users liked this post:
Gabe (12/4/17)
Old 12/4/17, 03:21 PM
GJK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've given up trying to get a retune from these guys. I have exhaust codes thrown regularly. Matt will make a million excuses for not getting you a new file for months on end. TJ tried to help but then started backing his coworkers as well. My wife just told me there is a code again. I will have to clear it tonight I guess. With my other car, Livernois would reply with a new tune file in hours not months.
Old 12/4/17, 04:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
The reason I don't want a full on dyno tune is because at some point I'll be supercharging it. However to keep me satisfied till then, I wanted an off the shelf tune, with free tunes for life. I also have a Steeda Cai intake waiting to be installed.

Last edited by trackpack13gt; 12/5/17 at 03:47 AM.
Old 12/4/17, 06:11 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
I have the Steeda CAI with their 93 octane tune. The car has never been on a dyno, but it feels stronger.
Old 12/4/17, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by GJK
I've given up trying to get a retune from these guys. I have exhaust codes thrown regularly. Matt will make a million excuses for not getting you a new file for months on end. TJ tried to help but then started backing his coworkers as well. My wife just told me there is a code again. I will have to clear it tonight I guess. With my other car, Livernois would reply with a new tune file in hours not months.
We have been writing tunes for many, many years & have tuned 1000s of customers cars without issue, there is something that is causing the tune to throw codes that our tuner can't figure out.

If you are stilling having issues, you can call Matt direct at 1800 950 0774 or you can call & ask for Mike D. who can help assist in your matter.

I am happy to assist further but I have to work through Matt in the tuning dept.

Best Regards,

TJ

Last edited by tj@steeda; 12/4/17 at 07:08 PM.
Old 12/4/17, 07:20 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by GJK
Stock exhaust? What's your set-up?
Any exhaust leaks? The smallest leak can cause issues on a Coyote, the PCM is very sophisticated, way ahead of what the 3V PCM before it could do.
Old 12/20/17, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had four different Steeda tunes as my car has been modified. Three of the tunes were received within one day of determining what modifications had been made. When I purchased the Airaid inlet tube, Matt was very thorough in confirming the correct MAF settings. The longest wait was three days, but that was when sorting the tune to pass my local emissions testing.

In spite of running long tubes and high flow cats, my car passed both the OBD II and tailpipe sniffer tests with flying colors. Happy customer.
The following 2 users liked this post by gjeff:
boss man (12/21/17), Ponywars (7/13/18)
Old 12/20/17, 07:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by gjeff
I have had four different Steeda tunes as my car has been modified. Three of the tunes were received within one day of determining what modifications had been made. When I purchased the Airaid inlet tube, Matt was very thorough in confirming the correct MAF settings. The longest wait was three days, but that was when sorting the tune to pass my local emissions testing.

In spite of running long tubes and high flow cats, my car passed both the OBD II and tailpipe sniffer tests with flying colors. Happy customer.
Great to hear when all is well!

Thank you for your feedback - much appreciated.

TJ
Old 4/22/18, 08:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
on a stock 2012 gt 6 mt what can i expect from a steeda cai and 93 tune combo, does it remove top speed limiter,skip shift, raise the redline, will i see increases in power that are worth it??
Old 4/23/18, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Yes, yes, yes. I can't speak for # as I haven't had it on the dyno. The car does feel stronger, and sounds great specially over 4k RPM. And you can work with Matt to set up your new red-line. Mine is 7200 and it feels right. Not sure you will see much of a top speed improvement tho, I think you'll be right around 160 either way depending on your gearing. The aerodynamic profile of the front of the Mustang is similar to an aircraft carrier going sideways.

Last edited by 5.M0NSTER; 4/23/18 at 06:44 AM.
Old 4/23/18, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

i,m going to pull the trigger on it within a month or two, 7200 is what i wanted so i can go through the 1/4 in 4th if i ever track it (373;s) just curious about the top speed limiter, i,ve had it to 160 a number of times and it seems like thats all for the gearing, my main goal is having bone stock reliability with more power off idle to redline, i want to feel a difference for my money and from what i have heard so far about the steeda combo thats what i,m going to expect! Power wise i,m stock except for a kn drop in and gt500 a/b resonator delete, have steeda springs koni str.t gt500 strut mounts,whiteline adj p.h bar.roush uca,sve lca,steeda fr and rr sway bars, steeda g force brace, steeda torque box braces,barton 2 post on stock 401a shifter( going to put a steeda tri axe in soon)whiteline trans bushing,redline mtl, sr braided clutch line, clutch pedal extension block, race red, 6mt, 373,401a,group5 app pack, brembo;s. few more things to do!!

Last edited by Ponywars; 4/24/18 at 08:13 AM.
Old 4/23/18, 06:11 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Originally Posted by Ponywars
on a stock 2012 gt 6 mt what can i expect from a steeda cai and 93 tune combo, does it remove top speed limiter,skip shift, raise the redline, will i see increases in power that are worth it??
It does remove the top speed limiter, remove the skip shift and raise the red line. It feels quite a bit stronger, but I haven't had it on a dyno to confirm actual gains. It does feel more responsive. It flowed enough extra air that I deleted my sound tube to cut down on some of the cockpit noise. It was worth it for the skip shift disable alone.
Old 4/24/18, 08:12 AM
Mach 1 Member

i,m not going to spend 700 just to get rid of the skip shift, i want to feel the power increase, better throttle response and mileage if driven like a half normal person, thats what is claimed and thats what i expect for my money!!! Numbers dont mean a **** thing to me, every dyno is different anyway, i want seat of the pants dyno numbers!!!!

Last edited by Ponywars; 4/24/18 at 08:15 AM.
Old 4/24/18, 01:03 PM
Banned

i,m not going to spend 700 just to get rid of the skip shift, i want to feel the power increase, better throttle response and mileage if driven like a half normal person, thats what is claimed and thats what i expect for my money!!! Numbers dont mean a **** thing to me, every dyno is different anyway, i want seat of the pants dyno numbers!!!!
The question is this. '14 GT makes 420 claimed HP on premium. If you get 42hp gain, that's 10%. Can your butt accelerometer feel a 10% difference in HP? Perhaps you can. I think I can, but it becomes very subjective is my point.
Old 4/24/18, 02:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by 5.M0NSTER
The question is this. '14 GT makes 420 claimed HP on premium. If you get 42hp gain, that's 10%. Can your butt accelerometer feel a 10% difference in HP? Perhaps you can. I think I can, but it becomes very subjective is my point.
A stock '13-14 GT 6-speed puts down about 365-370 rwhp on my tuner's dyno.
His custom tune (along with the only other mod, an Airaid "Race" CAI) brought my car to 405 rwhp on his dyno.
I could definitely feel that extra power.
There have been many times when I wished that I had just left it at that level instead of spending all the money I've spent on the blower and other performance stuff, just to make it that much harder to sell or trade in.
Yes, I want a GT500 now. The intoxicating torque of the bigger engine is unresistable
Old 4/24/18, 05:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

i;d be very happy with a 42hp increase for sure, thats power your butt will feel!!!
Old 4/25/18, 07:03 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gabe
A stock '13-14 GT 6-speed puts down about 365-370 rwhp on my tuner's dyno.
His custom tune (along with the only other mod, an Airaid "Race" CAI) brought my car to 405 rwhp on his dyno.
I could definitely feel that extra power.
There have been many times when I wished that I had just left it at that level instead of spending all the money I've spent on the blower and other performance stuff, just to make it that much harder to sell or trade in.
Yes, I want a GT500 now. The intoxicating torque of the bigger engine is unresistable
That's pretty good gains from just CAI and tune. I crave the extra tq too but I have resissted going to the dark side for so long! Plus on road courses I'm not sure if FI makes sense unless you have 12 coolers.

i;d be very happy with a 42hp increase for sure, thats power your butt will feel!!!
Then I think you'll be happy with just the CAI + tune combo.