Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Steeda Tri-Ax review

Search this Thread

Old 12/30/10, 04:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Does the Tri-Ax make a big difference in the 2010 as it does in the 2011?
Old 12/31/10, 01:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Onelildude
Does the Tri-Ax make a big difference in the 2010 as it does in the 2011?
I'll bet a paycheck it does.
Old 12/31/10, 07:04 PM
Banned

is it a lot more hard to put it in reverse? thats what i want. way to easy to pop it in R instead of 1st
Old 12/31/10, 10:47 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by shadowstang03gt
is it a lot more hard to put it in reverse? thats what i want. way to easy to pop it in R instead of 1st
yes. its significantly harder to go to reverse now
Old 12/31/10, 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The stock setting is "much harder than stock". There is another spring you can install, which turns it into "I hope you have he-man muscles to push that sucker down".
Old 1/1/11, 01:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

I love my tri-ax. I got it for Christmas and all I gotta say is wow
Old 1/1/11, 01:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Poppa
I'll bet a paycheck it does.
Not a betting man but if I was I'd be onyour side
Old 1/2/11, 11:29 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18
The stock setting is "much harder than stock". There is another spring you can install, which turns it into "I hope you have he-man muscles to push that sucker down".
Not quite. The spring that came installed was very tough, I swapped it out for the other spring and it's a bit heavier than stock, but considerably lighter than the one shipped in the shifter itself.
Old 1/4/11, 11:33 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by hawkeye18

Lol. Keep in mind there are also shims located in the pocket for the reverse lockout spring. By adding or removing some of the shims you can "fine tune" it exactly to your liking. It's completely adjustable.

Scott
Old 1/4/11, 04:16 PM
Banned

i rather give steeda my money, than supporting a camaro company lol.
Old 1/4/11, 08:11 PM

i rather give steeda my money, than supporting a camaro company lol.
They are not a "Camaro Company" as you put it. From what I've read they build great parts for cars they like and drive themselves. I'm going to pick up either a Steeda or Barton. I had a Steeda shifter on my '01 GT and loved it.
Old 3/14/11, 12:35 PM

I know this is an old thread but I had hoped you guys are still willing to discuss this shifter...I have a 10 GT. Does anyone have any idea how it performs? any complaints with sound or anything else?
Old 3/14/11, 03:05 PM
Cobra Member

The 2010 is a completely different assembly. It does have most of the features of the 2011. There is no reverse lockout on the 2010 so there wont be adjustment for that. The 2010 shifter also has adjustable shifter stops and a 2 position handle height so you can fine tune the throws and comfort position.

You can see it in more detail here: http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-t...d-mustang.html
Old 3/14/11, 03:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Just installed this unit in my '12 a few days ago (picked it up a week ago today) and I do have to say that even though the stock shifter was very nice, the Tri-Ax somehow makes it much better. Install was easy (screw getting under the car, I just used a crowbar to nudge it to the left to get that 4th bolt) and the shifts come much quicker and the left/right feel is also much better.

Kick-*** product!
Old 3/14/11, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by SteedaGus
The 2010 is a completely different assembly. It does have most of the features of the 2011. There is no reverse lockout on the 2010 so there wont be adjustment for that. The 2010 shifter also has adjustable shifter stops and a 2 position handle height so you can fine tune the throws and comfort position.

You can see it in more detail here: http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-t...d-mustang.html

Thanks I saw that link before. I guess my major concern is the sound and feel of the shift. Have you installed one of these in a '10? If so have you had the same sound issues others have experienced? What about the notchy feeling?
Old 6/21/16, 12:56 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to talk about this shifter. Almost everything I've seen lately is about the mgw. I was very impressed bug the idea of the race spec mgw but some reports of noise scared me. I had been hoping to find an old mgw come up for sale but finally gave in and bought the steeda tri-ax.

I love it. It fixes the problems I had with the car. The reverse was way too easy to engage. 1-2 was terrible and felt crunchy. It's just what I wanted. I do have the steeda bracket with the softer bushing installed also. There is some noise but it sounds kind of like a turbo spooling up. I actually like the way it sounds.

I'm not trying to offend the legions of mgw fans. Truth be told, when my car is no longer a daily, I'll be switching to mgw race spec. I just wanted to put out there there are other options depending on what you want. I think the steeda bracket and tri-ax are a great addition to a car.
Old 6/21/16, 07:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V
I know this is an old thread but I wanted to talk about this shifter. Almost everything I've seen lately is about the mgw. I was very impressed bug the idea of the race spec mgw but some reports of noise scared me. I had been hoping to find an old mgw come up for sale but finally gave in and bought the steeda tri-ax.

I love it. It fixes the problems I had with the car. The reverse was way too easy to engage. 1-2 was terrible and felt crunchy. It's just what I wanted. I do have the steeda bracket with the softer bushing installed also. There is some noise but it sounds kind of like a turbo spooling up. I actually like the way it sounds.

I'm not trying to offend the legions of mgw fans. Truth be told, when my car is no longer a daily, I'll be switching to mgw race spec. I just wanted to put out there there are other options depending on what you want. I think the steeda bracket and tri-ax are a great addition to a car.
We appreciate the support - we always welcome a great review & personal feedback!

Our Tri-Ax supports tend to remain quite ... we are the silent majority

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 6/21/16, 01:21 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. V

I have the 1st (or 2nd can't remember) gen MGW, and it's been on for 3 years now. It's been said too many times before but I'll say it again. It's perfect with no slop and no increase in NVH. Not sure how the race spec is - but I'm perfectly content with my "old" MGW. And no, it won't go on sale anytime soon.
Old 6/21/16, 02:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I have the 1st (or 2nd can't remember) gen MGW, and it's been on for 3 years now. It's been said too many times before but I'll say it again. It's perfect with no slop and no increase in NVH. Not sure how the race spec is - but I'm perfectly content with my "old" MGW. And no, it won't go on sale anytime soon.
Lol. I thought people would upgrade to the race spec and I could pick up an old mgw. You and people like you are the problem. 😉
Old 6/21/16, 07:55 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Thanks for sharing Mr. V! I may go that route too some day. I don't have any major shifting issues, but I do get crunchy shifts sometimes.

Quick Reply: Steeda Tri-Ax review