Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Shifter mod prototype

Search this Thread

Old 8/6/15, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boss man
Looking at the picture. The bottom support arm is located at the bottom of the trans in the center. It then rises up to meet the bottom of the shifter to support it. How does this impact the driveshaft.
The blowfish bracket cradles the drive shaft up to the bottom of the shifter. Also giving you a DS safety loop.
Also with soild mounts you will get alot of noise transmitted through the trans to the shifter.
Designing products for the market is a very tough road to travel. You will have people who love it and people who will tear it apart. I do wish you the very best in following what you believe in. You have the right idea with making the shifter solid and follow the movment of the trans under load. Thats what Blowfish and MGW did in designing there products. I think the only way you will able to compete is to have a product as good as the BF bracket and be cheaper in price but not quality. I have the first protype and the first massed prouduced BF bracket. There have been many changes from bgining to end because of different shifter setups and complaints. Its a long road that will take time and money. But in the end....We all know that Mustang owners will treat there baby to a product if it does what it promotes and the price is right.
Good Luck and Kudos to you>>> Follow your Dream....
Please keep us posted
bossman, thanks for the knowing encouragement : )

I learned a lot of the things you mention in your post through the launch and sales of my first GapRider Racing product, the TrakJak, and now I'm more excited about my Mustang shifter bracket.

I love the version I've ended up with, it completely replaces the factory mounting system, the triangulated design makes it really rigid but at the same time eliminates the tuning fork effect to minimize the increase in noise.

All steel, American made, clean design, powder coat finish, and at a lower cost. It does what it's supposed to and made to last because that's what it takes to satisfy me.

As a fellow "don't like they way they did it, I can make it better" guy, I look forward to things to come.

Last edited by GapRider; 8/6/15 at 03:55 PM.
Old 8/7/15, 09:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
How much more nvh over say a steeda trans mount insert and barton 2 post bracket do you get with this?
Old 8/8/15, 09:12 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ponywars
How much more nvh over say a steeda trans mount insert and barton 2 post bracket do you get with this?
Danny, good question. I can only compare the NVH to stock.
  • At cruise or WOT I don't notice anything.
  • For normal driving, just going through the gears, I get the sounds that remind me of my old T5 Mustang.
  • At moderate/heavyish throttle during acceleration, around 2500-3000 RPM, I do get a chatter type noise (sounds like a locust or cicada to me) so I rest my hand on the shifter to quieten that.
The big deal to me is I have a fully rigid shifter that's not noisy most of the time : )