Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

SCT or InTune

Search this Thread

Old 1/30/13, 10:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT or InTune

Heard some bad things about the SCT device having issues with crashing. Haven't heard too much about the InTune though. I am torn on which one to go with. Any opinions?
Old 1/30/13, 10:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by adwal99
Heard some bad things about the SCT device having issues with crashing. Haven't heard too much about the InTune though. I am torn on which one to go with. Any opinions?
SCT with Steeda tune.
Old 1/30/13, 11:12 AM

Thanks for the feed back bro!
Old 1/30/13, 11:31 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
There's a number of guys that posted here where their SCT crashed and they couldn't go back to stock tune. Left them stranded. And SCT would only mess with it during their regular hours. IMO that's the part that sucks is that SCT wouldn't go out of their way to get their customer back on the road.
I'm going InTune.
Old 1/30/13, 02:11 PM

Yea I was leaning more towards the InTune myself.. Thanks for the feedback.
Old 1/30/13, 02:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do not used the canned Intune tune. Many problems including very little hp gains. Look for a tune from JPC, Bama, C&L act.
Old 1/30/13, 03:20 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
Anyone that does want the InTune and already has tunes...I got an email from Moss Muscle saying that they have it for $350. I think that's a little cheaper than I've seen it elsewhere so far...
Old 1/30/13, 03:28 PM

Ya i'm interested in the Bama tune from AM with the InTune. They have it for $419
Old 1/30/13, 06:44 PM
Former Vendor

There is a reason why most of the top tier tuners in the country use SCT. Thousands upon thousands of customers use SCT with fantastic results, you're going to have some unhappy customers, its unfortunate but it happans.
Look into VMP and Lund. There is a reason FRPP teamed up with VMPtuning to help build a VMP tvs kit. Both tuners have the some of the fastest cars in the country.
Old 1/30/13, 07:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
There is a reason why most of the top tier tuners in the country use SCT. Thousands upon thousands of customers use SCT with fantastic results, you're going to have some unhappy customers, its unfortunate but it happans.
Look into VMP and Lund. There is a reason FRPP teamed up with VMPtuning to help build a VMP tvs kit. Both tuners have the some of the fastest cars in the country.

exactly. there is allot more to a tuner than just the end users hardware. The SCT software on the calibrators side is much more advanced and in depth. it also takes allot of the generic algorithms in to account and keeps allot of math and problem solving out of the equation. Even more SCT calibrators have a shared pool of knowledge that grows everyday. SCT can be a pain because they update so often, but that is not a bad thing. SCT has a working relationship with their calibrators and they fix bugs and improve constantly. Diablo sport makes a pretty package but the product is just not up to par. Also, even though this may start a war, getting tunes from BAMA is like buying Steaks at walmart. American Muscle is great for getting some parts on the cheap but i would never trust a tune from shop that did not race professionally or at least work on professional race cars. VMP, LUND, STEEDA, all great and experienced shops.

personally my money is with Steeda, but that is an 15+ year relationship for me and i have never been let down buy a single product that make or back. STEEDA has been in the FORD performance game longer than anyone around now. and they have a VERY unique arrangement with Ford, they have access to tech and r&d from FORD that no one else does.
Old 1/31/13, 06:04 AM
GT Member

Who all tunes w/ the INtune, other than JPC, BAma, CnL?
Old 1/31/13, 06:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Ross
Who all tunes w/ the INtune, other than JPC, BAma, CnL?

JPC is sponsored by Diablo. For me that is a conflict of interest. You have to represent the people that pay you to do so.
Old 1/31/13, 08:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Kris Warwick
JPC is sponsored by Diablo. For me that is a conflict of interest. You have to represent the people that pay you to do so.
Maybe JPC should write some of their canned tunes, seems like they need the help.
Old 1/31/13, 09:14 AM

There is so much who is better and everyone has different opinions.. Seems like you really can't go wrong with any tuner.
Old 1/31/13, 06:17 PM
Cobra Member

Steeda 93 tune.

Name:  ForumRunner_20130131_201657.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  23.8 KB

SCT
Old 2/1/13, 01:39 PM

What about SCT and a Lund tune?
Old 2/1/13, 01:50 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
There is a reason why most of the top tier tuners in the country use SCT. Thousands upon thousands of customers use SCT with fantastic results,
exactly. there is allot more to a tuner than just the end users hardware. The SCT software on the calibrators side is much more advanced and in depth. it also takes allot of the generic algorithms in to account and keeps allot of math and problem solving out of the equation.
You guys say that but after SCT's last debacle - where a number of drivers were literally stranded because their car wouldn't start after the update - and then the slackers at SCT wouldn't keep staff on for emergency hours TO GET DRIVERS BACK ON THE ROAD is bull****. Guys had to wait till Monday and then wait all day on hold. If they are so good then where the hell was their customer service??

I don't care if they have to run staff on Sat & Sun to get their customer's cars running - if that's what it takes, a reputable company would do that. They aren't getting my money simply because of that - regardless of how good their tech dept allegedly is.
Old 2/1/13, 02:13 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

You guys say that but after SCT's last debacle - where a number of drivers were literally stranded because their car wouldn't start after the update - and then the slackers at SCT wouldn't keep staff on for emergency hours TO GET DRIVERS BACK ON THE ROAD is bull****. Guys had to wait till Monday and then wait all day on hold. If they are so good then where the hell was their customer service??

I don't care if they have to run staff on Sat & Sun to get their customer's cars running - if that's what it takes, a reputable company would do that. They aren't getting my money simply because of that - regardless of how good their tech dept allegedly is.
So Diablo sport has 24/7 customer service? No.
Old 2/1/13, 02:23 PM
Post *****

So Diablo sport has 24/7 customer service? No.
How many firmware fails have they had with intune?

Old 2/1/13, 03:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cdynaco
How many firmware fails have they had with intune?
Give it time.

Quick Reply: SCT or InTune