Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Roush Axle back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 10/19/12, 11:50 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did you happen to notice if Roush had drilled weep holes in the exhaust? I know a lot of people have had issues with the mufflers cracking at the welds because of rust. I also read somewhere that Roush had started drilling weep holes to fix the issue but I haven't heard anyone confirm it. I'm absolutely torn between the Roush AB and Borla S-Type AB right now...
Old 10/20/12, 05:01 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by chadr0
Did you happen to notice if Roush had drilled weep holes in the exhaust? I know a lot of people have had issues with the mufflers cracking at the welds because of rust. I also read somewhere that Roush had started drilling weep holes to fix the issue but I haven't heard anyone confirm it. I'm absolutely torn between the Roush AB and Borla S-Type AB right now...
Don't the borla s types have to be drilled too?
Old 10/20/12, 08:30 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Roush >
Old 10/20/12, 11:10 AM
V6 Member

Roush has added thicker welds and weep holes. They also raised the MSRP as well. A year ago you could get the Roush axle back for under $300, now sells for over $450. To guarantee you get the revised exhaust I would suggest ordering directly from Roush. Or calling a reseller and confirming they have the revised version with weep holes.
Old 10/20/12, 01:17 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by R1V3R5
Roush has added thicker welds and weep holes. They also raised the MSRP as well. A year ago you could get the Roush axle back for under $300, now sells for over $450. To guarantee you get the revised exhaust I would suggest ordering directly from Roush. Or calling a reseller and confirming they have the revised version with weep holes.
Thanks for the great info and advice! That helps my decision a lot!
Old 10/21/12, 05:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I got a new set after my old ones rusted and cracked. No weep hole! I still love the sound.
Old 10/21/12, 11:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Bigblue11
I got a new set after my old ones rusted and cracked. No weep hole! I still love the sound.
When and where did you get the exhaust? It's possible it was old stock. I would suggest anyone who wants the Roush axle back to call and confirm with the vendor that they are getting the revised version. The old one retains water, gets rusty, and eventually cracks at the welds.
Old 10/21/12, 12:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by R1V3R5
When and where did you get the exhaust? It's possible it was old stock. I would suggest anyone who wants the Roush axle back to call and confirm with the vendor that they are getting the revised version. The old one retains water, gets rusty, and eventually cracks at the welds.
I purchased the first set from AM around the end of '10. About 11 months later i had them replaced and they came directly from Roush.
Old 10/21/12, 04:35 PM
V6 Member

Yeah they were there on mine. In fact I noticed them when I started it up and went back underneath to check for leaks.

Got mine from AM a little over a month ago.

Last edited by The Dude; 10/21/12 at 04:38 PM. Reason: added where I bought the Roushes