5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

ROUSH AXLE BACK

Search this Thread

Old 5/10/13, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I'd had the money, I would have bought the Magnaflow catback myself and probably skipped the Roush altogether. If down the road I feel like taming things down a bit and smoothing out the growl I will not hesitate to order the Magnflow exhaust as plan B. A nice thing about any catback over any AB is going to be an increase in horsepower and probably torque. But it is amazing what a good job a killer axleback will do for these cars.
Old 5/10/13, 05:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Pythonman
If I'd had the money, I would have bought the Magnaflow catback myself and probably skipped the Roush altogether. If down the road I feel like taming things down a bit and smoothing out the growl I will not hesitate to order the Magnflow exhaust as plan B. A nice thing about any catback over any AB is going to be an increase in horsepower and probably torque. But it is amazing what a good job a killer axleback will do for these cars.
Thanks for chiming in. If RedGTs gets those Roush Axle Back he will be very satisfied. They are VERY LOUD like I said when you jump on it and if this what you want you will not regret it. Funny thing today, I jumped on it under a overpass with walls on both sides and this women who was next to me in the left lane actually was so scared she hit her brakes and almost stopped. I do not know where she was heading, but I bet she had to make a quick trip home to change those drawers.

Last edited by WAJM; 5/10/13 at 05:26 PM.
Old 5/10/13, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by WAJM
Thanks for chiming in. If RedGTs gets those Roush Axle Back he will be very satisfied. They are VERY LOUD like I said when you jump on it and if this what you want you will not regret it. Funny thing today, I jumped on it under a overpass with walls on both sides and this women who was next to me in the left lane actually was so scared she hit her brakes and almost stopped. I do not know where she was heading, but I bet she had to make a quick trip home to change those drawers.
He will be in awe and he'll jump for joy! I am certain you were not kidding nor exagerrating about scaring the pants off that lady in the under pass. The roar is not only unGodly loud in an underpass, it also sounds like a much larger vehicle, perhaps an F17 was the source of the earthquake tremor inducing shock wave. Great story!
Old 5/10/13, 10:21 PM
V6 Member

He will be in awe and he'll jump for joy! I am certain you were not kidding nor exagerrating about scaring the pants off that lady in the under pass. The roar is not only unGodly loud in an underpass, it also sounds like a much larger vehicle, perhaps an F17 was the source of the earthquake tremor inducing shock wave. Great story!
As a matter of fact, today I was talking to a guy at the local Ford dealership with a Stage 3 'Stang and he said that on the highway if a driver upsets him he just downshifts and lets them feel and hear the wrath of his Roush exhaust. Works really well when their windows are down...
Old 5/11/13, 12:20 AM
Banned

I love the Roush, but in the case of me having a convertible and a spouse that doesn't want an overly loud car, I think these would be way too much. I have GT500 axlebacks on it now, with the resonators removed. I like them a lot, but I hate that when it's idling I pretty much can't hear the car at all. Those Borlas keep calling my name
Old 5/11/13, 12:39 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheDivaDanielle
I love the Roush, but in the case of me having a convertible and a spouse that doesn't want an overly loud car, I think these would be way too much. I have GT500 axlebacks on it now, with the resonators removed. I like them a lot, but I hate that when it's idling I pretty much can't hear the car at all. Those Borlas keep calling my name
Borla s types ftw! Talk about deep muscle car rumble. The rousch axle backs r loud but they have rasp for sure. Ididnt want the raspy.
Old 5/11/13, 12:42 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by joey8

Borla s types ftw! Talk about deep muscle car rumble. The rousch axle backs r loud but they have rasp for sure. Ididnt want the raspy.
GT500 :gameover:
Old 5/11/13, 12:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
as in, I'd be better off with what I have now?
Old 5/11/13, 12:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Hellion twin turboed 5.0. Game over for you! Mwahaha
Old 5/11/13, 01:05 AM
Banned

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

as in, I'd be better off with what I have now?
No, as in, a Shelby GT500 mustang

Originally Posted by joey8

Hellion twin turboed 5.0. Game over for you! Mwahaha
Why not just throw anything out there? F35 fighter jet GAME OVER FIR YOU!!! Mwah Mwahaha Mwahahahaha

But seriously what's wrong with stock??

Enjoy your new exhaust OP

Last edited by 11SHELBYGT500; 5/11/13 at 01:20 AM.
Old 5/11/13, 06:43 AM
Banned

Old 5/11/13, 06:48 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RedGTs
As a matter of fact, today I was talking to a guy at the local Ford dealership with a Stage 3 'Stang and he said that on the highway if a driver upsets him he just downshifts and lets them feel and hear the wrath of his Roush exhaust. Works really well when their windows are down...
Yeah, I do that to A**Holes that are on their cell phones either talking or texting and not paying attention to what they are doing, some people will never learn the laws.
Old 5/12/13, 06:58 AM
GT Member

Put my Roush AB's on Friday night and loving them. It took forever for me to pull the trigger on an AB cause of all the different opinions and clips. I came across a new in box set of Roush on the cheap on another forum and went for it. Do not regret it at all. They're awesome. I was gonna go with GT500's but everyone seemed to say they weren't "that" much louder than stock. The Roush definitely is. But in a good way. It's not bad at cruising speeds and doesn't seem to drone. Just rumbles enough so you know it's there at highway speeds. Sound clips definitely don't do any of the exhaust systems justice.

I don't personally think the Roush has as much rasp as some people claim. It's a higher note than say the borla's but it's still deep and a sound that belongs on a Mustang. If I had to compare it to anything I'd say the Roush has more of a "race car" or "NASCAR" type sound when you get on it. It's loud, it's deep, it's mean, and I downshift every chance I can just to hear it burble at me on decel.
Old 5/12/13, 08:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Bandit79
Put my Roush AB's on Friday night and loving them. It took forever for me to pull the trigger on an AB cause of all the different opinions and clips. I came across a new in box set of Roush on the cheap on another forum and went for it. Do not regret it at all. They're awesome. I was gonna go with GT500's but everyone seemed to say they weren't "that" much louder than stock. The Roush definitely is. But in a good way. It's not bad at cruising speeds and doesn't seem to drone. Just rumbles enough so you know it's there at highway speeds. Sound clips definitely don't do any of the exhaust systems justice.

I don't personally think the Roush has as much rasp as some people claim. It's a higher note than say the borla's but it's still deep and a sound that belongs on a Mustang. If I had to compare it to anything I'd say the Roush has more of a "race car" or "NASCAR" type sound when you get on it. It's loud, it's deep, it's mean, and I downshift every chance I can just to hear it burble at me on decel.
Yeah the vids do not do the Roush Axle Backs justice, but you hit the nail on the head when you said they sound more like a NASCAR sound.
Old 5/18/13, 07:22 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Best sounding axleback in my opinion, but I might just be a little biased
Old 5/18/13, 07:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Answer that call already.

I've answered it and never even considered looking back.
Old 5/19/13, 09:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. I have finally seen the light. And of course I Bing images for Borla S-type Mustang GT and what do I see? About a dozen pictures of Marilyn from varying angles. How do I know it was Marilyn? It was unmistakeable.
Old 5/19/13, 10:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by FromZto5

not in the budget right now :-)
Old 5/20/13, 05:52 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The roush AB sound amazing by themselves however, the stainless material that Roush uses is a bit disappointing. 400 series stainless has the tendency to rust heavily at the welds but..... they do sound pretty dang good. One of the best sounding mufflers by themselves. I wouldn't run anything else with the setup, back in 2011 I put an O/R H-pipe on with my Roush AB's and it was deafening!
The Borla's material, quality and sound is just awesome and allows people to further mod their exhaust without the fear of raspiness or drone.
Old 5/20/13, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Jay@Hypermotive
The roush AB sound amazing by themselves however, the stainless material that Roush uses is a bit disappointing. 400 series stainless has the tendency to rust heavily at the welds but..... they do sound pretty dang good. One of the best sounding mufflers by themselves. I wouldn't run anything else with the setup, back in 2011 I put an O/R H-pipe on with my Roush AB's and it was deafening!
The Borla's material, quality and sound is just awesome and allows people to further mod their exhaust without the fear of raspiness or drone.
I've heard that the Roush ABs have rusted and come apart at the welds but I've also heard that it's unusual and either Roush or the dealer they were bought from took care of the customers. Roush have now put small drain holes on the bottom of their mufflers to keep water from pooling in them. My car never sees rain or salt/sand so it's not an issue for me in any case. Now that you mention Borla's so called quality well, I had a Borla agressive catback on my new 2007 GT. The fitment was poor, always clanging and banging the underside of my cars frame when I'd go over railroad tracks and light potholes. Worse, when the engine was fully warmed up something would heat up and pop loose in both Borla mufflers and make a racket like marbles were rolling around the inside of them. I called Borla and they told me to box the entire catback up and return it to them for inspection which was out of the question. I asked them to send me a replacement and then I'd mail them their lousy catback to them on their dime and they said no way so.... I don't really recommend them or their high prices.

Quick Reply: ROUSH AXLE BACK