Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

REAR SPOILER DISAPOINTMENT

Search this Thread

Old 4/10/14, 05:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
REAR SPOILER DISAPOINTMENT

Hey all.... I ordered this GT500 spoiler from AM and when it came to the door I opened the box with excitement like a kid on x-mas and then I noticed along the seam under the spoiler around the centre of it there was a split... Ahhhhh.
The shop already had my deck lid for repair as I already had the GT/CS spoiler on it from factory install... Anyway I run this down to buddy to ship out for repair which I might add AM said they would pay for all costs for repair (good on them) .... buddy advised not to buy the piece from the get go but I thought what's the difference I'll save a few bucks..... Do yourself a favour people and don't try to scrimp on quality... if your gonna do it do it right the first time.
I was shown the right oem GT500 spoiler
Part number AR3Z-6344210-BB and let me tell you it's totally different in looks and weight.
Sorry AM but that piece of **** your selling is a disgrace... I'm sorry for all who bought it.
Ok I'm done venting..... Lol.
AM is selling this piece for $329 and it must cost them 20 bucks to make, talk about profit!!!!
now I bought a lot of items off AM and was very pleased....what i received was oem ford parts though....
Hope this rant helps people to make the right choice to adding mod parts to the second largest investment they'll make.
BUY OEM PARTS PEOPLE!!!!!
Old 4/11/14, 04:23 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
My GT500 spoiler is an OEM one and cost less than the aftermarket ones even after painting.