Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

paxton vs roush

Search this Thread

Old 1/5/14, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
paxton vs roush

I know there is tons of info on this...and I'm taking it all in. I just can't find exactly what I'm looking for. I keep going back and forth. I've been researching for a few weeks now. If anybody has real experience please chime in.
1. I'm in Maine is cold temps an issue on the SC? (It's rare but it was -14 the other night)
2. What one is quietest?
3. How does remote tuning work? Suppose I want "x" tuner to do it...is it done at my local dyno via the internet? If so...If a local Dyno also does tuning I would imagine they might get insulted if I wanted a tune from someone 100's of miles away...or am I missing something?
4. I haven't been pricing too much yet. But the roush looks to be about $1,500 more than paxton. The biggest selling point to me seems to be instant torque. I've never even been a super charged car. Both can get me to 600rwhp (my goal) should I not get hung up on torque? Also..i THINK the paxton is louder from what I've read.

About me...car is a daily driver. I like going fast from street light to street light. 0-60 is my thing. But (and it's happened plenty of times) if someone gets cute on the highway I have a hard time not taking them on and having some fun. I HAVE been to the drag strip but it's not my normal thing. I may end up going 4-5 times a year tops...maybe more if I have a blast with the new found power. I also plan to do ether install myself with friends. ....I think that covers it. Please...give me your thoughts. Too much money to say "I wish I got the..." oh..vortech is an option. I love the all black. But paxton is better for down the road. I may forge the motor way down the road.

I've ruled out turbo, pro charger, and the other power adders These 3 are the finalists.
Old 1/5/14, 06:08 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Paxton is a good blower for race applications. Vortec seems to be built to last for daily drivers a little better. Roush uses a TVS blower I believe and they are great. Centrifugal I would go with Vortech. Twin screw the Roush will do great. My whipple has held up very well also.
Old 1/5/14, 09:42 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
For daily driver, go twin screw. Roush is good. But so are others like whipple and magnuson. As for tuning, go with a proven tuner if mail tune. Otherwise, dyno tune it.
Old 1/6/14, 07:07 AM

I think at this point I'm going Roush unless I'm somehow talked out of it. Its quieter and less effort to maintain it. not to mention that instant torque that has GOT to be awesome. as it is now I like to pop the gas at say 20mph and watch the front end come up...its the little things
Old 1/6/14, 02:56 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,682 Likes on 1,201 Posts
Originally Posted by raging56
I think at this point I'm going Roush unless I'm somehow talked out of it. Its quieter and less effort to maintain it. not to mention that instant torque that has GOT to be awesome. as it is now I like to pop the gas at say 20mph and watch the front end come up...its the little things
You'll be happy.
Plus,...you can upgrade to the 625 HP and 525 lbs. of torque, which is phase 2.
Phase 3 brings you up to 675 HP and 585 lbs. of torque. But, I'd be careful with pushing the stock block/internals to it's limits.
Let us know how you make out!
Old 1/6/14, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by raging56

From what I mentioned on moddedmustangs, you'll really enjoy the TVS. Extremely efficient, OEM looking and will probably last longer than the car.
Old 1/8/14, 10:38 AM
V6 Member

675 hp and 585TQ is at the crank. My automatic / conservative custom tune made 550rwhp and 481TQ; guaranteed to be a handful to handle.
Old 1/12/14, 04:54 PM
Bullitt Member

i was faced with the same decision and in the end i went with the Roush Kit for less maintenance and OEM look and instant torque. Very happy with my kit and would not have it any other way, and get a dyno tune unless you plan on running the stock roush tune or stock paxton tune, spend the extra money there peace of mind is worth it.
Old 1/18/14, 12:35 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
You'll be happy.
Plus,...you can upgrade to the 625 HP and 525 lbs. of torque, which is phase 2.
Phase 3 brings you up to 675 HP and 585 lbs. of torque. But, I'd be careful with pushing the stock block/internals to it's limits.
Let us know how you make out!
Those numbers are crank HP not RWHP right?
Old 1/18/14, 12:59 PM
GTR Member

Don't know who told you the Roush was quieter, it's not, sounds different than a centri but not quieter. At full tilt a Eaton supercharger really screams, but it's one of the coolest sounds in all of the automotive world.
Old 1/18/14, 01:32 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by racksteris
Those numbers are crank HP not RWHP right?
Correct.
Old 1/18/14, 01:33 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

If you want instant throttle response, go with a PD blower, the Roush kit.
You won't be disappointed.
Old 1/20/14, 10:27 PM
Bullitt Member

+1 on the roush kit
Old 1/21/14, 08:53 AM
Former Vendor

You can't go wrong with a Roush kit. We sell both Paxton and Roush due to the popularity of the Paxton/ Vortech kits. I will say that getting a lot of HP at a good cost goes to the Centri blowers however, you want an OEM looking supercharger that also give you 200+ HP then I would look into Roush. You can't really beat that instant torque Let us know if we can help you out on either.