5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Paxton Dyno Results/Video

Search this Thread

Old 9/6/14, 07:20 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 25bduse
I love the power curve from this setup. Gives the car a better chance to hook before it hits.
So how does it idle and run at low rpm's?

I wrote a very prominent retailer / tuner about installing a Paxton system on my Boss. I was told that there is a lot of issues with idling and low rpm driving. I was informed that I should go with a PD system. I know you don't have the Boss intake.....but just curious to know how yours idles etc. I was really hoping to go centri vs. PD....as the centri would build as I exit corners on a road course....versus being "On" all the time. It would seem easier to control when carving corners.

Thanks
Old 9/6/14, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 25bduse
As far as the temperature and humidity conditions. They probably couldn't get any worse than they were. I'm expecting to touch 600whp when the cool weather arrives. Don't know what torque will jump to but we will find out that is for sure.
I feel ya, I just had a smaller pulley, bigger CAI and injectors put in and a dyno tune. After over an hour of tuning on the dyno with the temps above 90 and high humidity It only put out 555HP/476TQ. I think if you wait until the temps are in the 70's with your setup you'll touch 600 (me to - I hope LOL).
Old 9/7/14, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Senderofan
So how does it idle and run at low rpm's?

I wrote a very prominent retailer / tuner about installing a Paxton system on my Boss. I was told that there is a lot of issues with idling and low rpm driving. I was informed that I should go with a PD system. I know you don't have the Boss intake.....but just curious to know how yours idles etc. I was really hoping to go centri vs. PD....as the centri would build as I exit corners on a road course....versus being "On" all the time. It would seem easier to control when carving corners.

Thanks
No problems at all. I even have the Lund FI cam idle. No stalling, surging, etc......
Old 9/7/14, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GT50GO
I feel ya, I just had a smaller pulley, bigger CAI and injectors put in and a dyno tune. After over an hour of tuning on the dyno with the temps above 90 and high humidity It only put out 555HP/476TQ. I think if you wait until the temps are in the 70's with your setup you'll touch 600 (me to - I hope LOL).
I hope so...Finger Crossed.....Good luck! I'll post my next dyno pull here when I do it.
Old 9/7/14, 09:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by MRGTX
Can anyone explain why SCs in general don't do much for torque numbers? While i understand that in more temperate conditions, this car will be putting more power to the wheels, somehow, I'd hope for more than a 60-70 lbft bump from a $6000 investment. Someone please tell me why I'm off-base.
I just thought about this the other day - I don't understand why supercharges are $6k at ALL when a fricken crate engine from Ford is $6k.

A supercharger should cost no more than $3k tops.
Old 9/7/14, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
I just thought about this the other day - I don't understand why supercharges are $6k at ALL when a fricken crate engine from Ford is $6k.

The cost makes it a hard pill to swallow, but once you go WOT, you'll forget about it. Lol
Old 9/7/14, 12:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown CS
The cost makes it a hard pill to swallow, but once you go WOT, you'll forget about it. Lol
I'll know the feeling...one day...lol
Old 9/7/14, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Blown CS

Old 9/8/14, 08:25 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ZERO problems with idle, drivability or anything for that matter. Our centri setup runs like stock around town and a beast when you put your foot into it. This car is pushing 650rwhp and 500tq with the current setup and could not be happier with the performance.
Old 9/9/14, 11:40 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

Ya know what? You make a really good point. No doubt, the componenets and development of any FI kit will be expensive but why is it always right around $6,000?

6-7 years back, I bought a turbo kit for my second Miata and it cost: $6,000.

What gives?