5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

MY OCD Just cost me more $$.

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/13, 06:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I haven't even got my car yet and I am trying to figure out how to buy stuff under the radar from my wife. lol
Old 2/27/13, 07:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Wives always know somehow though
Old 2/27/13, 07:31 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by BluehazeGT
Wives always know somehow though
You know it. And it's making me nervous. I can see this when a set of axlebacks show up at the door. lol
Old 2/27/13, 10:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I don't understand you guys trying to keep your wives in the dark while you try to siphon funds into your Mustang mods without their knowing. Seems to me they'd be more pi$$ed about the stealth moves than they would about the expenses. Could it be that they might be more on board with mods if you made them feel like they were a part of the Mustang experience instead of some kind of opposition force? As long as the bills are getting paid and the family is eating regularly (and there's some cash in the bank for that inevitable "rainy day"), go ahead and spend your money; it's nothing but green paper until you do. Just two cents worth from an old guy.
Old 2/27/13, 10:28 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Mickstang
I don't understand you guys trying to keep your wives in the dark while you try to siphon funds into your Mustang mods without their knowing. Seems to me they'd be more pi$$ed about the stealth moves than they would about the expenses. Could it be that they might be more on board with mods if you made them feel like they were a part of the Mustang experience instead of some kind of opposition force? As long as the bills are getting paid and the family is eating regularly (and there's some cash in the bank for that inevitable "rainy day"), go ahead and spend your money; it's nothing but green paper until you do. Just two cents worth from an old guy.
This.
Old 2/27/13, 11:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mickstang - "Boob City" Indiana?? Is that about 5 miles north of Bushville?

Last edited by PaxtonShelby; 2/28/13 at 01:04 PM.
Old 2/28/13, 12:43 AM
GT Member

"Rome wasn't built in a day honey. This is my OCD fix."
Old 2/28/13, 05:01 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mickstang
My wife doesn't get the whole car thing. If it was up to her, I would be buying a civic now.

I have the money to buy to mods, but once again she doesn't understand why I would need to buy stuff for a brand new car. Even though I work 15 hours of overtime a pay period, get bonuses and get unused leave paid out, she would expect ALL of that money to into the "family funds" or house upgrades. My wife is a stay at home mom, so my money is hers also. The mods will come, but she won't be happy.

At least I didn't go behind my wifes back and trade a yellow 2001 6 cylinder Mustang in for a yellow 2002 Mustang GT. My father in-law did that years ago and it took my mother in-law a few years to figure that one out. It wasn't pretty. The ladies in my family don't get the whole car or electronics thing. Neither my wife or mother in-law didn't understand why I needed to upgrade the tv's in the house.
Old 2/28/13, 05:35 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by RogueWing16
At least I didn't go behind my wifes back and trade a yellow 2001 6 cylinder Mustang in for a yellow 2002 Mustang GT. My father in-law did that years ago and it took my mother in-law a few years to figure that one out. It wasn't pretty.
I would like to shake your father in laws hand lol. I would've never thought of the old switch a roo
Old 2/28/13, 05:49 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 95_5.0
I would like to shake your father in laws hand lol. I would've never thought of the old switch a roo
Hopefully, I don't get an itch for a '14 GT in Deep Impact Blue. lol

Something tells me that I will though.
Old 2/28/13, 11:02 AM
GT Member

Hopefully, I don't get an itch for a '14 GT in Deep Impact Blue. lol

Something tells me that I will though.
Better get that 2014 v6 now then lol
Old 2/28/13, 11:15 AM
Team Mustang Source

My wife doesn't get the whole car thing. If it was up to her, I would be buying a civic now.

I have the money to buy to mods, but once again she doesn't understand why I would need to buy stuff for a brand new car. Even though I work 15 hours of overtime a pay period, get bonuses and get unused leave paid out, she would expect ALL of that money to into the "family funds" or house upgrades. My wife is a stay at home mom, so my money is hers also. The mods will come, but she won't be happy.

At least I didn't go behind my wifes back and trade a yellow 2001 6 cylinder Mustang in for a yellow 2002 Mustang GT. My father in-law did that years ago and it took my mother in-law a few years to figure that one out. It wasn't pretty. The ladies in my family don't get the whole car or electronics thing. Neither my wife or mother in-law didn't understand why I needed to upgrade the tv's in the house.
Do they wear make-up, buy shoes, go to the opera? Everyone has their stuff. Nothing wrong with spending responsibily on interests. Otherwise what's the point of life?
Old 2/28/13, 11:22 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by smitty
Do they wear make-up, buy shoes, go to the opera? Everyone has their stuff. Nothing wrong with spending responsibily on interests. Otherwise what's the point of life?
You are correct. Unfortunately, my interests are more expensive then hers. I married a frugal girl. Well, I have to take the bad with a lot of good.
Old 2/28/13, 12:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its pretty much impossible to leave these cars stock!! I waited a year before doing anything to my 2012 ,and did just the basics imo.I did a GT500 a/b with resonator delete,Roush uca,frpp lca,and 55D rear springs and a Barton 2 post bracket.Basically got rid of the stock slop in the shifter and rear end and made it sound sweet.If i ever get the money up the first major mod will be a super charger with supporting mods.
Old 2/28/13, 07:05 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by smitty

I spend $ on mods she gets equal $ for the house CASE CLOSED.
Old 2/28/13, 07:12 PM

Well, most of us who claim wifey will be mad are just messing around. My wife picked out my Roush exhaust and wanted me to get the 13 with pro audio upgrade. I love to mod and have employment that allows me to easily pay for it. I not only mod my car but she mods her jeep. We also mod my sons 12 civic SI. We are all car crazy in this family.
Old 2/28/13, 07:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Agreed. I don't buy mods unless i have cash to do so. My wife also doesn't get the modding of a brand new car, but she doesn't get worked up about it. She just keeps asking how many more things i plan to buy. I tell her i'm doing it all just for her.
Old 2/28/13, 08:21 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My wife complains, but she secretly loves the car. I see that little smile when I stomp the pedal honey. You cant hide it!
Old 3/1/13, 02:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by wheelman
My wife complains, but she secretly loves the car. I see that little smile when I stomp the pedal honey. You cant hide it!
I think you might be projecting (and I don't mean the latest car project ;-)
Old 3/1/13, 08:32 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
GF keeps reminding me of "the car is PERFECT from the factory", a line I said when I ordered this car and said I wouldn't really mod much about it ... I traded in a Charger that I had modded the engine, the suspension, the brakes, the body, the interior ... LOL

$4k later, I have parts on their way to me as we speak, and am contemplating just which blower to get ... LMAO

Quick Reply: MY OCD Just cost me more $$.