5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

My Kenne Bell 2.8LC blower

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/11, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zilla8
Well I picked my car up today after having the blower installed at ST Motorsports in San Bernardino CA

The install went smooth with no problems and my car now runs like a raped ape

It just pulls and keeps pulling like a freight train.Power everywhere in any gear

but still has good idle and smooth low speed manners.They did a nice safe tune for 91 pump gas and made 556rwhp

this is with the 8# pulley and a real conservative tune.It actually made 575 with a more aggressive tune but they wanted to keep things on the safe side.

I can tell you this is a really well put togeather kit and the blower and all accessories are top notch.

[IMG][/IMG]
Congrats man, that's really awesome! You gotta give me a ride in that beast during the next cruise!
Old 2/24/11, 09:56 PM
V6 Member

Ok seriously what do you think of the setup and more importantly what is the cost of this setup if you dont mind.

I am interested cause ST is near my house and if you can make 556 on our 91 **** water than I am sure I can get a Race tune on E85 eventually so there is room for expansion.

If you just want to PM me the info that is fine also...
Old 2/25/11, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

OK everybody I'm back sorry I just kind of dissapeared and left you guys hanging

had to go out of town for a few days.I can clear a few things up and also answer some questions you guys have about the Kenne Bell blower.

As someone pointed out in my original post with the picture, that was infact the non liquid cooled blower installed on my car.

There was actually a little mix up and my LC head unit was later installed so all is well.

It only took about 30 min to swap the blowers.I have not had a chance to get any video but I will get something up as soon as I can.

This Blower is a real monster when the boost comes on but I've been taking it easy because of the rain.

I also had a Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch installed and It's a nice addition but behaves quite different from stock.

You can not just slip this clutch like stock as it wants to grab as soon as you let the peddle out.It just took a little getting use to and I can drive it real smooth with no problem.

I dont have any other power adder to compare this blower to as this is my first supercharged Mustang

but I can tell you it is a serious set up with crazy acceleration compared to just bolt on's

as far as price, the 2.8 liquid cooled in black non polished list for $6899.00 direct from Kenne Bell.I wanted to deal with a local shop for obvious reasons and I could not be happier with ST Motorsports.

Adam has taken good care of me and my Car and he is still working on tuning my car to make it even badder then it is now just give him a call and he will transform your 2011 Mustang into a land rocket.

I'll check back later with some pictures and hopefully a little video of my car in action.

Last edited by zilla8; 2/25/11 at 03:10 PM.
Old 2/25/11, 04:13 PM
Cobra Member

OK everybody I'm back sorry I just kind of dissapeared and left you guys hanging

had to go out of town for a few days.I can clear a few things up and also answer some questions you guys have about the Kenne Bell blower.

As someone pointed out in my original post with the picture, that was infact the non liquid cooled blower installed on my car.

There was actually a little mix up and my LC head unit was later installed so all is well.

It only took about 30 min to swap the blowers.I have not had a chance to get any video but I will get something up as soon as I can.

This Blower is a real monster when the boost comes on but I've been taking it easy because of the rain.

I also had a Mcleod RXT twin disc clutch installed and It's a nice addition but behaves quite different from stock.

You can not just slip this clutch like stock as it wants to grab as soon as you let the peddle out.It just took a little getting use to and I can drive it real smooth with no problem.

I dont have any other power adder to compare this blower to as this is my first supercharged Mustang

but I can tell you it is a serious set up with crazy acceleration compared to just bolt on's

as far as price, the 2.8 liquid cooled in black non polished list for $6899.00 direct from Kenne Bell.I wanted to deal with a local shop for obvious reasons and I could not be happier with ST Motorsports.

Adam has taken good care of me and my Car and he is still working on tuning my car to make it even badder then it is now just give him a call and he will transform your 2011 Mustang into a land rocket.

I'll check back later with some pictures and hopefully a little video of my car in action.

Awesome zill!!

Dying to see this beast in person.
Old 2/26/11, 08:29 AM

Any idea how much weight this setup adds? That intake alone looks like a huge chunk of aluminum. Just curious, as the KB setup is definitely on the list for the future.
Old 2/26/11, 09:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Not sure how much weight it adds but I'll check.I would guess around 100lbs or more with the complete blower including the lower intake and charge cooler.

I can tell you what ever it is you don't notice it when you get on the gas
Old 2/26/11, 10:31 PM

Congrats on the install, I just need to find more disposable income now.
Old 3/2/11, 04:15 PM

Do you have a dyno plot you can post.
Old 3/2/11, 10:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Man that's kick ***!!!

I would love to see some dyno numbers as i am debating on which FI option i want to go with my car and are really looking for the flattest torque curve.

Your setup looks great though and from what i can tell (you're never online ) you're out enjoying every bit of it.
Old 3/2/11, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by revenge
Do you have a dyno plot you can post.
sorry I don't have a dyno graph but I can get one and I will post it for you guys

here is a graph from my shops 2011 5.0 with liquid cooled 2.8
this is with a 3.25 pulley though so it made over 600rwhp

but you can see the flat TQ curve and trust me there is power everywhere in any gear
Attached Thumbnails My Kenne Bell 2.8LC blower-t-body-comparison..same-pulley-tune.jpg  
Old 3/2/11, 11:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bigjohns97
Man that's kick ***!!!

Your setup looks great though and from what i can tell (you're never online ) you're out enjoying every bit of it.
you betcha lol even though gas has hit $4.00/gal I'm driving the heck out of this baby!!
Old 3/2/11, 11:57 PM
SD6
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
here is a graph from my shops 2011 5.0 with liquid cooled 2.8
this is with a 3.25 pulley though so it made over 600rwhp
[envious]
This is me
[/envious]
Old 3/3/11, 12:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Looking good Mr. Zilla!
Old 3/3/11, 10:08 AM
Bullitt Member

thanx Xkorn

We got to get together and let the ponies run wild lol
I'm finding every excuse to drive my car with this new power supply

It's just sick
Old 3/3/11, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Whoa. Dang Pat, how'd I miss this thread?? We want vids.
Old 3/4/11, 01:17 AM
Bullitt Member

haha hey Justin I had to get something to keep up with Daniel and his Vortech

I wish I had a better camera and a mount like you so I could get some decent pics and video.

I just dont have either one.This blower is actually pretty quiet compared to the Whipples on the Shelbys.

you dont hear much unless I really romp on it.My exhaust is so loud you can barley hear the blower but I can hear it.
Old 3/4/11, 12:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

haha hey Justin I had to get something to keep up with Daniel and his Vortech

I wish I had a better camera and a mount like you so I could get some decent pics and video.

I just dont have either one.This blower is actually pretty quiet compared to the Whipples on the Shelbys.

you dont hear much unless I really romp on it.My exhaust is so loud you can barley hear the blower but I can hear it.
=P Gotta get some good vids of your car at the next event.
Old 4/17/11, 05:07 PM

I'm glad to have found this thread. Your car is only the third new 5.0 that I've been able to find with a KB on it. One other is Adam's. I'm really wanting more info about the KB. All you really hear/read about is centri's and Whipple.
Old 4/17/11, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Envy, I feel envy. It's not a mild envy, it's a brutal and unkind envy. I covet your car. I covet your horsepower. I covet the sound your car must make.

BRAV-FREAKIN-O!

Great car.
Old 4/18/11, 10:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Out of curiosity, is there no larger diameter throttle body available for these cars? I'm not sure what type of difference it would make but the stock TB on that setup looks like a bottle neck.

I say that without too much concern whether or not there IS a larger diameter TB since these things are already making big power but, you never know. I've never seen a bigger TB = less power.

Quick Reply: My Kenne Bell 2.8LC blower