5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

My Kenne Bell 2.8LC blower

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/11, 01:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Kenne Bell 2.8LC blower

Well I picked my car up today after having the blower installed at ST Motorsports in San Bernardino CA

The install went smooth with no problems and my car now runs like a raped ape

It just pulls and keeps pulling like a freight train.Power everywhere in any gear

but still has good idle and smooth low speed manners.They did a nice safe tune for 91 pump gas and made 556rwhp

this is with the 8# pulley and a real conservative tune.It actually made 575 with a more aggressive tune but they wanted to keep things on the safe side.

I can tell you this is a really well put togeather kit and the blower and all accessories are top notch.

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by zilla8; 2/20/11 at 07:03 AM.
Old 2/20/11, 10:01 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by zilla8
Well I picked my car up today after having the blower installed at ST Motorsports in San Bernardino CA

It just pulls and keeps pulling like a freight train.Power everywhere in any gear

but still has good idle and smooth low speed manners.They did a nice safe tune for 91 pump gas and made 556rwhp

this is with the 8# pulley and a real conservative tune.It actually made 575 with a more aggressive tune but they wanted to keep things on the safe side.

I can tell you this is a really well put togeather kit and the blower and all accessories are top notch.

[/IMG]
I hate asking this but do you mind disclosing how much it all cost?
Old 2/20/11, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I am strongly considering going the KB route - please put up some videos man!!!
Old 2/20/11, 10:29 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Old 2/20/11, 11:03 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Thats badass!

I'd love to see some videos of this in action!

Adam did all of my tuning on my '05 KB 2.6L.
Old 2/20/11, 12:39 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Hell yeah, man, that's awesome. Are you sure that you're running one of KB's liquid-cooled compressors, though? If the attached picture is of your system, it is devoid of the coolant lines running in-and-out of the compressor itself. At 8 psi, liquid cooling is decidedly unneeded and could actually prove detrimental, in talking with the Camaro guys.

Congratulations!
Old 2/20/11, 06:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by MARZ
Hell yeah, man, that's awesome. Are you sure that you're running one of KB's liquid-cooled compressors, though? If the attached picture is of your system, it is devoid of the coolant lines running in-and-out of the compressor itself. At 8 psi, liquid cooling is decidedly unneeded and could actually prove detrimental, in talking with the Camaro guys.

Congratulations!
I do see a new reservoir. I assume it's not for looks.

Awesome power too man.
Old 2/20/11, 07:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I have to agree something is amiss in this setup. All of the current liquid cooled KB blowers (that I can find on their and vendors websites) have two coolant nipples on the front of the blower, just to the left of the KENNE BELL logo. Is this an older model?
Old 2/20/11, 08:04 PM
Banned

Wow you guys are unbelievable! That guy just put a kb on his 5.0 and all you guys can do is nit pick on the setup...wow! You can get models that arnt liquid cooled!
Old 2/20/11, 11:53 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Daddyd666
Wow you guys are unbelievable! That guy just put a kb on his 5.0 and all you guys can do is nit pick on the setup...wow! You can get models that arnt liquid cooled!
Exclamation point!
Old 2/21/11, 11:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Had you not immediately jumped on the exclamation point bandwagon (as you do in every single thread, you troll) you might have recognized genuine curiousity was the reasoning behind my post, not to bash the guy.

Notice how the thread title says 2.8LC? Yeah, that LC stands for Liquid Cooled. Looking at the Kenne Bell price list, it appears there is a 2.8, 2.8LC (tuner kit only) and 2.8HLC kit available. All of the LC superchargers (again, that I can find) have the two nipples on the front, to the left of the Kenne Bell logo.

Hence my original question: Is this an older model? It's possible these ST Motorsports guys used an older kit and fitted it to the '11 5.0.

If not, perhaps that new resovoir is stricting for the intercooler, if that's possible with this setup?
Old 2/21/11, 12:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KonaBlue5.0

Had you not immediately jumped on the exclamation point bandwagon (as you do in every single thread, you troll) you might have recognized genuine curiousity was the reasoning behind my post, not to bash the guy.

Notice how the thread title says 2.8LC? Yeah, that LC stands for Liquid Cooled. Looking at the Kenne Bell price list, it appears there is a 2.8, 2.8LC (tuner kit only) and 2.8HLC kit available. All of the LC superchargers (again, that I can find) have the two nipples on the front, to the left of the Kenne Bell logo.

Hence my original question: Is this an older model? It's possible these ST Motorsports guys used an older kit and fitted it to the '11 5.0.

If not, perhaps that new resovoir is stricting for the intercooler, if that's possible with this setup?
Watch out your gonna get banned "you troll"
Old 2/21/11, 03:35 PM
GT Member

Watch out your gonna get banned "you troll"
So if you don't end your sentences with an exclamation point, then you end them with nothing? You're (yes, 're) aware there are other punctuation marks correct?
Old 2/21/11, 04:20 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

All I did was make a simple observation and ask a simple question. I realize non-liquid-cooled Kenne Bell compressors exist, thus the reason for my post.
Old 2/21/11, 06:07 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thats badass! I'm curious how it handles on the street!
Old 2/21/11, 07:51 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ducky

So if you don't end your sentences with an exclamation point, then you end them with nothing? You're (yes, 're) aware there are other punctuation marks correct?
Keep arguing....on every post I make guys....it's quite amusing, it's like elementary school again in here.
Old 2/21/11, 07:52 PM
Banned

[/IMG]
Sweet car! And even sweeter under the hood!!! :-)
Old 2/22/11, 02:43 AM
GT Member

Keep arguing....on every post I make guys....it's quite amusing, it's like elementary school again in here.
Insulting isn't arguing. This is arguing. The last post was insulting.
Old 2/22/11, 06:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
your all ****ing haters whoever is talking ****, let the man enjoy his setup, and zilla that looks sexy. i want to check it out, magnuson is gonna most likely hook me up with a supercharger.
Old 2/23/11, 04:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, I'm so torn between that setup and the Boss intake setup. Looks killer man.

Quick Reply: My Kenne Bell 2.8LC blower