Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

More Mods for Morgan

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/17, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
More Mods for Morgan

Spring is here and Morgan (My Mustang) is getting his yearly mods.
Randy Cliett at STEEDA, really hooked me up. Steeda Jacking Rails for S197, Steeda Driveshaft Safety Loop, Steeda G Trac brace, Steeda Panhard bar brace, Kook's Long Tube Headers 1-3/4" x 3", Kook's "GREEN" Catted H-Pipe, and Stage 8 Locking Nuts and Bolts for the Header install.
Got an AWESOME PRICE. STEEDA ROCK's, I always get the best customer service from them. They have a life long customer in me.
Old 4/12/17, 06:15 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Received 132 Likes on 118 Posts
Sounds good. I would be interested in hearing how much louder the car is the the Kook's headers and catted H-pipe. I have been considering going this route, but do not want a really loud car, since I drive it on the street mostly. What mufflers are you running?
Old 4/13/17, 08:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EF1
Sounds good. I would be interested in hearing how much louder the car is the the Kook's headers and catted H-pipe. I have been considering going this route, but do not want a really loud car, since I drive it on the street mostly. What mufflers are you running?
Right now, I have the stock manifolds and stock Cats, going into a BBK offroad X-Pipe, through stock resonators and Roush Axle Backs. Somewhat loud on start up then settles down and isn't offensive at all when cruising around, but drop the hammer and it sounds like a Banshee screaming. I'm hoping to get more of a Muscle car sound with the catted h-pipe.

Last edited by tourer; 4/13/17 at 08:30 AM.
Old 4/13/17, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Very interested to see the results as well. Especially the Catted H-pipe. Currently running Stock H pipe with Ford Racing axel backs and Resonator deletes. I like the deeper muscle sound so I was hopping to stick with an H pipe when I go long tubes
Old 4/13/17, 07:36 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tourer
Right now, I have the stock manifolds and stock Cats, going into a BBK offroad X-Pipe, through stock resonators and Roush Axle Backs. Somewhat loud on start up then settles down and isn't offensive at all when cruising around, but drop the hammer and it sounds like a Banshee screaming. I'm hoping to get more of a Muscle car sound with the catted h-pipe.
The Roush axle backs are supposed to be louder and a bit more raspy than my Kook's mufflers. Let us know how much louder the car is with the LTH's and catted H-pipe while keeping the same mufflers. I am still considering headers and catted mid pipe, but not sure if the gains are worth the $$. Besides, I keep finding other things to spend money on under the car.
Old 4/21/17, 01:58 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
congrats man! Sounds like you did pull the trigger on the Kooks stuff!

Can't wait to see/hear it installed!
The following users liked this post:
tourer (5/8/17)
Old 4/24/17, 01:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

Yeah, only problem is the shop doing the install is booked solid, I got in for May 10th, not to far away, The Headers and catted H-pipe are sitting in the garage just waiting.
Morgan goes in this Saturday for the air bag recall.
Old 5/1/17, 10:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, please post a video! i'm looking into a catted H pipe myself as i want to keep the car legal here in AZ
Old 5/2/17, 12:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EF1
How do you put all your cars info as part of your post.
I know just enough about computers to be dangerous.
Old 5/2/17, 08:52 PM
EF1
Mach 1 Member

Click on your screen name in the upper right hand corner and go to control panel. Once there go to settings and edit your signature.
Old 6/2/17, 12:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by EF1
We'll, the Kooks LTH are on with the Green Catted H-Pipe and it is LOUD!
It's easy to soft pedal it around town so as not to attract the police, but we I floor it, OMG! It friggin RIPS! I LOVE it. It still doesn't sound like a classic muscle car but then I didn't think it would, but it is friggin awesome.
Old 6/2/17, 01:00 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5

There in, Friggin Loud and I LOVE it. It flat out RIPS! Now I'm thinking on a Turbo or 2.
Old 6/3/17, 03:53 PM
Banned

Received 254 Likes on 230 Posts
Originally Posted by tourer
There in, Friggin Loud and I LOVE it. It flat out RIPS! Now I'm thinking on a Turbo or 2.
along with a vanity plate reading DOSTRBS