Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Kooks Cat-back System...

Search this Thread

Old 3/18/11, 02:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kooks Cat-back System...

I placed the order almost 2 weeks ago. I was hoping it would have been delivered by now, but Kooks customer service said it is in production. It should be sent out in a week. After it's installed, I'll post some videos. I couldn't find many video clips of this system.

I know months ago I was hell-bent on going with the Borla ATAK set-up, but I like that I can choose to add a set of Kooks Long-tube Headers + Catted X-pipe in the near future...
Old 3/19/11, 10:18 PM
GT Member

From the few vids I've seen the system sounds really good. I think the sound will be worth the wait . Good luck.
Old 3/25/11, 11:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Got the package on the 22nd... Installed it yesterday afternoon. Fit and finish are spot on! And the sound? I think it is just right. Loud, but not too loud. I think it will be a very livable system.

I drove around for a couple of hours with it... I couldn't help but to turn the radio off and crack open the windows! Going through the gears and hearing the exhaust note come to life is intoxicating! I can barely hear the intake whine being channeled through the cabin now(maybe a Steeda CAI to rectify that?). A couple WOT runs... Oh, yessssssss!

Later on today, I'm going to fire up the camcorder and digital camera and load the results. Tell me what you think. Thanks to all who posted videos for references. Big thanks to 'KOOKS HEADERS' for building such a quality product!
Old 3/26/11, 05:52 AM
GT Member

Looking forward to the video. How was the install?
Old 3/26/11, 06:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by J Tennu
Got the package on the 22nd... Installed it yesterday afternoon. Fit and finish are spot on! And the sound? I think it is just right. Loud, but not too loud. I think it will be a very livable system.

I drove around for a couple of hours with it... I couldn't help but to turn the radio off and crack open the windows! Going through the gears and hearing the exhaust note come to life is intoxicating! I can barely hear the intake whine being channeled through the cabin now(maybe a Steeda CAI to rectify that?). A couple WOT runs... Oh, yessssssss!

Later on today, I'm going to fire up the camcorder and digital camera and load the results. Tell me what you think. Thanks to all who posted videos for references. Big thanks to 'KOOKS HEADERS' for building such a quality product!
We are going to hold you to that promise of a video.
Old 3/31/11, 12:57 PM
Bullitt Member

I thought I responded back to this thread... I had a performance muffler shop do the honors. They told me it was a clean install. I just can't get over the look of the tips and the sound! Drone issues? Maybe I'm not sure what droning sounds like, but I don't hear any problems at any RPM. I'm off for the next few days, so vids coming shortly.
Old 3/31/11, 08:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Really looking forward to the vids. If i'm going to pay over $500 for axle backs, kooks is the front runner for me so far.