5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Koni Yellows, Steeda Sports, and Fays2 Installed

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/12, 06:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by m4a1mustang
I hit the spherical bearings on the Watts Link arms with some white lithium grease and all is quiet again.
I like hearing this.
Old 5/20/12, 12:15 PM
V6 Member

Steve, did you build this setup with occasional open track or drag use in mind? I'm in the track event camp, not really into drag racing, so a setup to that blends the daily drive to work with a weekend a month clipping gator strips works for me. Your really great review has me thinking it was designed more for track use but want to be sure before I pull the trigger. cheers,
Old 5/20/12, 08:12 PM
V6 Member

Having just ridden along to check it out, I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with the new setup on the whole. Car is a completely different animal.

Last edited by Secondhandloser; 5/20/12 at 08:14 PM.
Old 5/21/12, 10:34 AM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Michelins
The Pilot Super Sports are amazing tires. They are categorized as "Max Performance" by TireRack but they definitely creep up into the "Extreme" category as far as dry grip and feel goes. They are very grippy with fantastic feedback and ride comfort. Worlds better than the PZeros. And with the 275s up front and -1.5 degrees of camber I have nearly an endless amount of front grip.
Cool, this is the tire I want to run on my car (will require going to 20" rims) albeit with 255/35R20s and 295/30R20s to get the proper 27" dia front to rear and proper stagger.
Old 5/27/12, 05:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speedform
Steve, did you build this setup with occasional open track or drag use in mind? I'm in the track event camp, not really into drag racing, so a setup to that blends the daily drive to work with a weekend a month clipping gator strips works for me. Your really great review has me thinking it was designed more for track use but want to be sure before I pull the trigger. cheers,
No drag racing, though I'm sure it will be great with the right tire. Future track days, yes... though I'll probably run RE11/AD08/etc on track vs the PSS. Dragon/Hellbender runs... absolutely!

It's very good on the street. Though now that I put my Steeda LCAs back on I am getting gobs of gear whine.

Originally Posted by Secondhandloser
Having just ridden along to check it out, I have to say that I am incredibly impressed with the new setup on the whole. Car is a completely different animal.
Grips well in the grass, no?

Originally Posted by bob
Cool, this is the tire I want to run on my car (will require going to 20" rims) albeit with 255/35R20s and 295/30R20s to get the proper 27" dia front to rear and proper stagger.
Best street tire around!
Old 6/6/12, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I'm putting my parts in this Friday! Can't wait to stop staring at all these boxes in my room lol I will probably need to get new tires in a couple months. I think an autocross or two will do these in. Depending on grip there I might consider going up to 275s on the stock wheels. How are they working out for you? Do you have any closer pictures of the wheels/tires and their alignments to the fenders on the stock wheels?
Old 6/6/12, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

275/35/19 is the way to go.

The car was decaled up for ZDayZ. MAZOC is the Z club that I am still president of.

More recently:

Old 6/6/12, 04:53 PM
Bullitt Member

It's very good on the street. Though now that I put my Steeda LCAs back on I am getting gobs of gear whine.
I also have the Steeda's with spherical bearing/end [555-4406] and know have gear whine - whatever no biggie for now.
Old 6/6/12, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

275/35/19 is the way to go.

The car was decaled up for ZDayZ. MAZOC is the Z club that I am still president of.
Haha thats great. Looks awesome btw and thanks for all the pics. I'm thinking of going to the Michelins as well as they get good reviews. Gorgeous road, is that the dragon? Wish we had more fun roads in Florida. Friday can't come soon enough! Mine looks like this right now lol
Attached Thumbnails Koni Yellows, Steeda Sports, and Fays2 Installed-411042_3357495651860_1103040150_32393854_473233151_o.jpg  
Old 6/7/12, 04:58 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by mtnbikefuel80
Haha thats great. Looks awesome btw and thanks for all the pics. I'm thinking of going to the Michelins as well as they get good reviews. Gorgeous road, is that the dragon? Wish we had more fun roads in Florida. Friday can't come soon enough! Mine looks like this right now lol
Yep, it's The Dragon. All the roads in that area are amazing.

I'd go for the PSS. They are amazing street tires. A lot more lateral grip than the PZeros, more comfortable, more feedback, stiffer sidewall, longer life. Gotta love it.

You'll love the setup. With 275s all around it's quite insane the level of grip I've got. You're going to want to get seats ASAP. After I put the suspension and PSS on I just couldn't hold myself in the stock seats anymore. A quick, hard turn and your body slams into the door or center console. Can't get a good feel for the car that way. Seats are a must if you want to get the most out of the car.
Old 6/7/12, 05:00 AM
Cobra Member

Also, secondhandloser and I found the limit of the car and the tires while we were out there. Let's just say the car handles as well in the grass as it does on the pavement. What a save.
Old 6/7/12, 08:36 AM
V6 Member

Also, secondhandloser and I found the limit of the car and the tires while we were out there. Let's just say the car handles as well in the grass as it does on the pavement. What a save.
"what a save" is a serious understatement

Name:  DSC_0068.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  165.2 KB
Old 6/7/12, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Corbeau CR1's FTW
Old 6/7/12, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by devildog1679
Corbeau CR1's FTW
I'm not really a fan of the corbeau's. I would get the recaros like steve or sparco milanos. Sears is having a fathers day sale so I'm going to finally pick up a torque wrench for this project. Finally getting one and you don't have to be a father to enjoy the tool sales! Steve if you have time today do you think you could look under your car and measure the ditance from the breather tube on the passenger side to the vertival centerline of the diff? Mine is on the driver side, just want to make sure its still the same distance away. Or if anyone knows offhand the the distances that would be great too! Thanks
Old 6/7/12, 01:52 PM
Cobra Member

The car is at my apartment so I won't be able to get under it 'til the weekend at the earliest. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Like you, I'm also not a fan of the Corbeaus. I really love my Recaros. Build and material quality is excellent.

Last edited by m4a1mustang; 6/7/12 at 01:53 PM.
Old 6/7/12, 02:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Secondhandloser
"what a save" is a serious understatement

Wow, that's a pants mod moment there! Not in a good way - LOL!

Last edited by t-fatty; 6/7/12 at 02:17 PM.
Old 6/7/12, 03:33 PM
Bullitt Member

The car is at my apartment so I won't be able to get under it 'til the weekend at the earliest. Hopefully someone else can chime in.

Like you, I'm also not a fan of the Corbeaus. I really love my Recaros. Build and material quality is excellent.
I would have got the Recaro's as well but the $2,500 was out of my budget. I've spent close to 7K on this car since September. I had to draw the line somewhere I sat in the Recaros and I liked the feeling of the Microsued on CR1's better. They also have wear patches on all major slide in contact points. The CR1's are a bit more aggressive in bolstering. But the Recaro's do have the plug and play aspect as well as air bags. Air bags alone are worth the $$. I do think the Recaro's also flow better, more of an OEM look. Maybe in a year or so I can sell both stock and CR1's to help off set the cost. Wife bugs me about no air bags.
Old 6/7/12, 04:35 PM
Cobra Member

Corbeau makes a good seat for the money there is no doubt about that.
Old 6/7/12, 05:12 PM
V6 Member

I'm probably getting Corbeaus for my track car. was gonna get some adjustable back ones, but now that I won't be streeting it anymore because I have a mustang, going with a full race shell seat setup.
Old 6/7/12, 06:41 PM
Cobra Member

The Corbeau buckets aren't bad. But I love the Recaros that Chris has in his Z.

Quick Reply: Koni Yellows, Steeda Sports, and Fays2 Installed