5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Koni STR.T & Stock Springs & Sways

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/11, 01:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm just saying that I get this a lot..... "well Joe has a date of X/XX/XX" and you have no date. I have no date because a real solid one does not exist. Yes, I know that I might lose and order or two over it (which sucks), but I also realize that when I try to give dates on things that it really can't be done for, I end up constantly answering calls or messages from folks saying "the date is here, where are my shocks?".

Catch 22....

Here is what I can say most plainly. I sell a huge number of Koni's for Mustangs (and lots of other Koni's too). I'm pretty confident in saying that I doubt anyone sells more than I do, consequently I'm kept pretty well in the loop by Koni NA, when there is news to pass along.
Old 4/20/11, 05:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well if the Koni's are not available in a month or so I won't have any other choice but to go with the Bilstein. I don't want to wait too long although with my luck Sam will run out those too.
Old 4/20/11, 06:04 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
I am just glad I got my Koni's last month from Sam, by the way the Mustang handles awesome with them and the Vogtland's
Old 4/20/11, 06:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Double-EDad

Will sit tight until something happens.
Isn't that your favorite pass time lately.
Old 4/20/11, 07:44 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Isn't that your favorite pass time lately.
Yes, it has to be. So my "freedom" date is now late July, possibly into August. Can't drive my car until then. Belive me, I tried to drive it today, but the hard-sole shoe can't cut it (too much pain on the clutch pedal resistance), while the Frankenstein boot just won't depress the clutch pedal enough (gotta be able to bend that ankle). So my fate is to either drive the Odyssey on a daily basis until then, or trade in my car for an automatic something.

BTW, my 1st impression after driving the Ody for 2 months, and then awkwardly trying to drive my Mustang down the street today (I'm not counting it in my daily counter): "Gee this suspension sure feels floaty!"

Don't miss this: the Odyssey has 88k miles and the Mustang felt "floaty" by comparison! That observation alone should sell a few truckloads of Konis!

Last edited by Double-EDad; 4/20/11 at 07:46 PM.
Old 4/20/11, 08:25 PM
Team Mustang Source

That observation alone should sell a few truckloads of Konis!
Tell me about it, my vendor is still trying to locate a set for me. Geez, i can't believe the cie that's making them over in Holland, can't keep up with the demand. I mean these are just dampers for god sake.
Old 4/21/11, 05:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Tell me about it, my vendor is still trying to locate a set for me. Geez, i can't believe the cie that's making them over in Holland, can't keep up with the demand. I mean these are just dampers for god sake.
They're probably like many companies: making due with too few people due to mortal fear of hiring anyone in this current economy.

Last edited by Double-EDad; 4/21/11 at 07:19 PM.
Old 4/21/11, 05:30 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
I am just glad I got my Koni's last month from Sam, by the way the Mustang handles awesome with them and the Vogtland's
Oh, THANKS for rubbing it in my FACE!

Just for that, I will need to see some more photos of your Grabber Blue car. C'mon, let's see them!
Old 4/21/11, 06:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by newpony
Well if the Koni's are not available in a month or so I won't have any other choice but to go with the Bilstein. I don't want to wait too long although with my luck Sam will run out those too.
Y U NO GET D Specs?
Old 4/21/11, 09:51 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Y U NO GET D Specs?
That is another option plus they are adjustable too (no a feature I will use often) but from what I understand the Koni and Bilstein are better quality and damp better. Not sure how big of difference between the two for everyday driving.
Old 4/21/11, 10:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by newpony
That is another option plus they are adjustable too (no a feature I will use often) but from what I understand the Koni and Bilstein are better quality and damp better. Not sure how big of difference between the two for everyday driving.
according to sam's site tho for the Dspecs,

The dampers I used to win the 2007 SCCA F-stock National Championship. We also took top PAX Index time for all of Solo Nationals. Unofficially the fastest of all 1152 competitors running the National Championship event. Purchase includes a setup primer and adjustment recommendations.
I'd like to assume that if they're good enough for that, most of us would have difficulty discerning any major differences between them and the konis or bilsteins

I'm sure sam could give an accurate comparo between them though.
Old 4/21/11, 07:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Y U NO GET D Specs?
From what I understand the D-Specs are like $650, whereas the STR.Ts are $318. However the DSs aren't a LOT more than the Koni Sports, which currently are on sale for about $600.

Just sayin.
Old 4/21/11, 07:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Oh, THANKS for rubbing it in my FACE!

Just for that, I will need to see some more photos of your Grabber Blue car. C'mon, let's see them!
The Latest are in this thread https://themustangsource.com/f785/on...e-days-494401/

Still playing around with the camera to get the color right
Old 4/22/11, 11:32 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
The Latest are in this thread https://themustangsource.com/f785/on...e-days-494401/

Still playing around with the camera to get the color right
Looks great, man! GB is the color my wife wanted me to get, and we all know what Rule #1 is....
Old 4/22/11, 12:09 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
The Koni's (orange) are great!!! but i didn't lower my Mustang.

Eric, they also run out of the GT500 strut mounts from time to time also. It might be wise to order them now if they are in stock. It would be bad if the Koni's are shipped to you and you have to wait for a few months for the GT500 strut mounts
Old 4/22/11, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by David Young
The Koni's (orange) are great!!! but i didn't lower my Mustang.

Eric, they also run out of the GT500 strut mounts from time to time also. It might be wise to order them now if they are in stock. It would be bad if the Koni's are shipped to you and you have to wait for a few months for the GT500 strut mounts

Shush.......Don't tell him that. Then we will miss out on another great thread about why he can't upgrade the suspension this time.
Old 4/22/11, 12:56 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by shotzy
Shush.......Don't tell him that. Then we will miss out on another great thread about why he can't upgrade the suspension this time.
OK. I won't tell him i had to wait for a month for the GT500 strut mount to be restocked. It will be fun to read his Thread on how his GT500 strut mount are 'out of stock'. Eric will be while looking at his beautiful Koni's in their boxes
Old 4/22/11, 03:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by David Young
OK. I won't tell him i had to wait for a month for the GT500 strut mount to be restocked. It will be fun to read his Thread on how his GT500 strut mount are 'out of stock'. Eric will be while looking at his beautiful Koni's in their boxes

I am already believe-you-me. FINALLY got my foot surgery date set today: May 2nd. Which means that if all goes well, I'll be out of my cast and frankenstein shoe and able to drive my Mustang somewhere on or about July 17th. So I am now, but will be then!!
Old 4/22/11, 04:15 PM
Team Mustang Source

Just taught i'd share this with you Eric.

Old 4/22/11, 07:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Looks great, man! GB is the color my wife wanted me to get, and we all know what Rule #1 is....
So Eric, are you enjoying your celibacy, because if Mama ain't happy no one is happy

Quick Reply: Koni STR.T & Stock Springs & Sways