5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Kenne Bell Coyote

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/12, 09:16 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kenne Bell Coyote

It's gettin there, just waiting on my intake tube from the powder coater and then I can button her up.

Hope to make it back to the dyno in the next couple weeks for the "after" numbers.
Old 2/16/12, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Old 2/16/12, 09:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks good man! I'm anxiously awaiting some vids of it in action. How's the install going? Any issues or was it an easy install?
Old 2/16/12, 10:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Hytek
Looks good man! I'm anxiously awaiting some vids of it in action. How's the install going? Any issues or was it an easy install?
Thanks! You're not the only anxious one lol.

The only reason I'm waiting on the tube to be powder coated is because KB ran out of black ones and sent a chrome one, but nothing on my car is chrome/polished and I thought it would look out of place so I had it powdercoated black. I just called and he said it should be done tomorrow.

The install has been a blast, other than an issue with my brake booster check valve (that I will no doubt cover in my video) it has been fairly straight forward and the KB instructions are literally amazing.

I will post more pictures and stuff after I am all done, and of course the install video after I submit it to KB.
Old 2/18/12, 07:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

It runs!

I finished up the install last night, ran into a couple snags right at the end and had to use a heat gun to form the inner fender around the air intake so it would go back on.

Also the pulley cut into my hood lining a little bit, looks like I just need to run more boost lol.

It was really cold out last night, and my Invos sucked in the cold before so this thing basically hits the rev limiter as soon as you go wot. I did make a quick 4th gear pull and it used that gear up pretty quick. The front end sits up so high when you get on it now lol.

It idles perfect, doesnt smoke or make any funny noises or leak anything. Thats good enough for me right now lol. Also it doesn't whine much from inside the car, you can barely hear it. My friends outside the car said it whined pretty good. It's on 8 lbs right now.

Hopefully schedule my next dyno appointment for next weekend to see how much it picked up.
Old 2/18/12, 07:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What size KB is it and where did you get it from. This is what i want to do as well. PM me the price you got if you don't mind or want to post here.

I can't wait to see dyno numbers.
Old 2/18/12, 07:29 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Also was it a complete kit or did you have to buy injectors/fuel system parts.
Old 2/18/12, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by t-fatty
What size KB is it and where did you get it from. This is what i want to do as well. PM me the price you got if you don't mind or want to post here.

I can't wait to see dyno numbers.
This is a 2.8L Mammoth kit, this is the LC (Liquid Cooled) version. I bought it directly from Kenne Bell, they are GREAT people to work with. They also have an awesome website with lots of tech info and a full pricing list. I can't wait to see the dyno numbers myself lol.

Originally Posted by t-fatty
Also was it a complete kit or did you have to buy injectors/fuel system parts.
This was a complete kit, comes with injectors and it uses the stock rails (has an adapter line) and stock fuel pump, it even has the tune. The only parts I added were 1 step colder Ford Racing spark plugs.
Old 2/18/12, 08:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Awesome man! Sounds like you had a pretty good install. Post up some vids already!
Old 2/18/12, 08:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Awesome man! Sounds like you had a pretty good install. Post up some vids already!

Gotta make it back to the dyno then edit all these hours of installation video I have to make something people will actually sit through lol.
Old 2/18/12, 08:48 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

No prob just giving you a hard time lol. Can't wait to see them.
Old 2/28/12, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Car made 600 whp and 498 ft lbs on the 10 psi pulley. That was at the stock rev limit (soft) of 6800 rpm. The graph was still climbing like a muh ****a when it hit the limiter. This was on the KB base tune that came with the kit, which is why the limiter was so low. Just by looking at the graph I would think that at 7,000 or 7,200 it woulda been 610 or 620 with no changes to the tune. Not bad for the stock throttle body lol.

Torque curve is ****ing awesome!

Old 2/28/12, 08:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Very impressive sir! That is a total sleeper now, I was expecting a whine with the KB. I can't wait to see what you get at the track. What do you have planned next now that you have all the extra power? Suspension, pully,...?

Btw......that OMG on your plate really has meaning now lol.
Old 2/28/12, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Very impressive sir! That is a total sleeper now, I was expecting a whine with the KB. I can't wait to see what you get at the track. What do you have planned next now that you have all the extra power? Suspension, pully,...?

Btw......that OMG on your plate really has meaning now lol.
Yeah it has just a little bit of whine, more than you can hear in the video but no obnoxious. I'm excited to run it myself, I hope my clutch is up to the task lol.

No more boost, probably get a dyno tune to move that limiter up a few hundred rpm, maybe a throttle body, and I def want a boss steering wheel and some koni str t's.
Old 2/28/12, 09:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Right on! When are the tracks opening by you? Early April is the soonest here.
Old 2/28/12, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

I think late April or early May.
Old 2/28/12, 03:43 PM
GT Member

I love it. That will be a real handful down the track with 3.73s. Might want to consider a little less gear..and LOTS of tire. LOL.

Mike
Old 2/28/12, 05:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by mbreinin
I love it. That will be a real handful down the track with 3.73s. Might want to consider a little less gear..and LOTS of tire. LOL.

Mike

Def not taking my rear end apart lol. Only thing I will have to get used to is shifting into 5th gear. And I'm not running any more tire than the 18" radials I already own. I think my clutch will thank me lol.
Old 2/28/12, 05:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87

Def not taking my rear end apart lol. Only thing I will have to get used to is shifting into 5th gear. And I'm not running any more tire than the 18" radials I already own. I think my clutch will thank me lol.
Sorry to tell ya man but that clutch prob won't last long regardless. When I replaced mine the thing was already on its last leg. Also, with 3.73s you shouldn't need to shift 5th, I don't.
Old 2/28/12, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by black5.0
Sorry to tell ya man but that clutch prob won't last long regardless. When I replaced mine the thing was already on its last leg. Also, with 3.73s you shouldn't need to shift 5th, I don't.
What kinda power was your car making, and for how long? It's possible to toast a clutch in a stock car...

What mph do you go through the traps at?

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell Coyote