Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

JLT Intake REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 2/25/11, 10:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice info on the intake, I have a few friends looking for Intakes now. As far as the warranty goes, I have a Saleen Super Shaker on my 08 and I still have the FULL WARRANTY. I simply went to were I purchase my car, I was told it had to be done and tune by a certified shop, (IE one Ford approves) and they would honour it.

That was two years ago BTW. Still take my car in and have the work done. No issue what so ever. Not sure how it works in Canada, but in the MIA, this is how it was done.
Old 2/25/11, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, what a turn of events.

Does anyone know this guys full name so I can look him up?

We don't treat customer as he discribed and that really bothers me.

I can fix a lan condition over the phone, so I can tell you now I either never got a call or never got any info showing a lean condition.

You should be ashamed of yourself!
Old 2/25/11, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Daddyd666
Keep it coming guys I love the humor here! Lol

Why are you on these boards?? You managed to get the Hyundai Genesis thread locked and now you are working on this one.Go share you meritless banter and wise *** remarks on another site like nasioc.com or hondatech.com they would love to have you-

I am sorry but enoughs enough
Old 2/25/11, 01:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Daddyd666
Sorry jay...just forget all my posts in this thread the past is the past and I have a different stang now. Anyways I promised I wasn't going to argue anymore and cause problems....so sorry again I wasn't trying to bash your company or product or customer service....good day sir :-) thx Dayne
This is called libel. Yes, you better believe it's also illegal.
Old 2/25/11, 05:30 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tucker

I can fix a lan condition over the phone, so I can tell you now I either never got a call or never got any info showing a lean condition.

Old 2/25/11, 11:42 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I am sorry.. this is me finnaly having enough of his crap. He's gone for good. If he tries to register under another name, I feel sorry for anyone in canada that shares teh same IP range.
Old 2/26/11, 12:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Alrighty then where might i find some dyno sheets or exell sheets to compare tunes as i said i am looking for the best LOW end tune i dont like to see my tach red and a nice strong pull in third would be fine with me or am i out of whack with what can be tuned into this car ??
Thanks for the help and understanding
Old 2/26/11, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
I am sorry.. this is me finnaly having enough of his crap. He's gone for good. If he tries to register under another name, I feel sorry for anyone in canada that shares teh same IP range.
Old 2/26/11, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by rodmoe
Alrighty then where might i find some dyno sheets or exell sheets to compare tunes as i said i am looking for the best LOW end tune i dont like to see my tach red and a nice strong pull in third would be fine with me or am i out of whack with what can be tuned into this car ??
After more than a week with the jlt intake, I say it is definitely the best bang for the buck when it comes to cheap mods. Plus the bbr tune definitely helps. No CEL, idles perfect, and saw an improvement in mpg's (about 1mpg more, but that's better than nothing).
Old 2/26/11, 08:02 AM

So far I have been a bit "underwhelmed" by the dealership from which I bought my 2011 GT.

I trust the Mustang's basic design enough that I am comfortable assuming very little will go wrong, and I would rather have a good local general auto repair shop deal with the minor stuff that I can't suss out myself than take it to the dealership where I will be given a service handjob.

Only if the local shop gives me a diagnosis of a needed major repair job I am not willing to pay for will I go to a dealership.

On a positive note, I think I've found that local shop, which has cleverly disguised itself as a "tune and lube" garage, when in actual fact they do engine rebuilds and installations. The owner is one of the mechanics, no pimple-faced grease monkeys need apply. They specialize in turbo installations in little imports as well as performance work on big American iron. When they popped my hood for the oil change they gathered round and pointed out my visible mods (suspension tower brace, Airaid CAI) and asked what kind of tune I was running. They also knew that the engine took eight quarts of oil (which the dealership did not) and used a torque wrench on the lug nuts for the tire rotation. The shop is well-used but very clean, and they have a bunch of high-end equipment, the only thing they lack is a dynomomenter. "We'll have one soon if we think there's a market for it," says owner Charlie. "But we may have to settle for a used one."

They also have three chocolate labs that work as greeters and entertainers, they had me at "lab."
Attached Images  
Old 2/26/11, 08:24 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Scott, you're my hero. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Jay, glad to see that you're more than willing to reach out to customers that may have an issue. I haven't dealt with you personally, but it's nice to see that customer service is still a focus of some companies.
Old 2/26/11, 09:03 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Scott, you're my hero. Now back to your regularly scheduled programming...

Jay, glad to see that you're more than willing to reach out to customers that may have an issue. I haven't dealt with you personally, but it's nice to see that customer service is still a focus of some companies.

Thank You Scott. The best part is that he's not just banned, he got out right deleted

Last edited by 07S197; 2/26/11 at 09:08 AM.
Old 2/26/11, 09:07 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Tucker

Please dont sweat this incident, if i had my guess, it never happened, and my other guess is said mustangs in question never exist, or at least wasnt his. We all know you provide great service and products.

Thanks for being a part of TMS.
Old 2/26/11, 05:31 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rodmoe
We have lots of info on the web site as well as dyno sheets.
You will see big gains through out the RPM range.
Let me know if I can help you further

Jay