Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Installed Dual Color Halos

Search this Thread

Old 8/10/14, 02:44 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Installed Dual Color Halos

Installed Oracle's Dual color Halos with the key controller. Blacked out the lens and covered them with rubberized metal mesh. The controller has about 18 different functions and combinations of lighting. We chose bright white & orange as the car is at oSu most of the year .

Name:  HaloSmile_zpsded2f6cc.jpg
Views: 867
Size:  75.7 KB

Name:  OracleFog_zpsc1ff2ea5.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  86.6 KB

daylight video of some of the functions:

night video:

Last edited by Deerslayer; 8/10/14 at 02:55 PM.
Old 8/10/14, 03:34 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Sweet! I like!
Old 8/12/14, 09:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Where'd you buy em from?

Cool username. I just put the SC QDMA plate on my stang.
Old 8/12/14, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are those powered/controlled solely by their own switch/remote, or can they also be turned on/off but any of the positions of the headlight switch?

I'm wanting to get a set of those but tie them in to the led light bars so that they function like DRLs.
Old 8/13/14, 09:51 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
interesting. Been looking for halo fogs for a while, especially after my latest fiasco. Who's your vendor?

Tbh though, I don't care for the SMD's being visible with the break in lighting after each LED. I prefer the COB clean look. Also, the brightness is challenged. I much rather would have a brighter (COB) LED.
Old 8/13/14, 11:30 AM
GT Member

Are those powered/controlled solely by their own switch/remote, or can they also be turned on/off but any of the positions of the headlight switch?

I'm wanting to get a set of those but tie them in to the led light bars so that they function like DRLs.
The way we hooked these up, they are controlled by the remote only. It would be easy to wire in their own switch or to your headlights. These came with a toggle switch if you wanted to wire them like that.

These being "dual color" you notice the gaps. If they are one color, you dont see the gaps hardly at all. I will say you only notice that up close too, when you are any distance away, it is more a solid look. We looked into the plasma, but actually like the look of these better. It is all a personal pref tho. Oracle does seem to be a really good product though. We origianlly considering installing them on the outside like the movie Need For Speed so this style would work where the plasma or others would not.
Old 8/13/14, 09:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
interesting. Been looking for halo fogs for a while, especially after my latest fiasco. Who's your vendor?

Tbh though, I don't care for the SMD's being visible with the break in lighting after each LED. I prefer the COB clean look. Also, the brightness is challenged. I much rather would have a brighter (COB) LED.
Yeah I'd like to know who the vendor is as well...
Old 8/14/14, 12:43 PM
GT Member

Here is where I got the fogs and the headlight halos. Have not used and wont use the headlight halos.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2013-Ford-Mustang-DUAL-COLOR-Oracle-LED-Halo-Fog-Lights-Kit-Angel-Eyes-/231056677652?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item35cc0d1b14&vxp=mtr#ht_1324wt_1124
Old 8/14/14, 12:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
Installed Oracle's Dual color Halos with the key controller. Blacked out the lens and covered them with rubberized metal mesh. The controller has about 18 different functions and combinations of lighting. We chose bright white & orange as the car is at oSu most of the year .

daylight video of some of the functions:

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2nhsvAV3KI

night video:

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9YsnfEiu-U&list=UUEA2c3odMFfIcbV1v_0IvCg
I've been looking at Oracle for awhile, but was hoping the 13-14s would be dual halos, but they look great regardless. Can you tell us more about the rubberized mesh you added? Looks good!
Old 8/14/14, 01:28 PM
GT Member

Wheelman,
The mesh is super simple. You can buy it at Home Depot or most any hardware store. You cut it with scissors. Cut it just a little larger than your fog light (1/2" or so, spray it with PlastiDip spray. I use two / three coats. You simply slide it over the fogs and bend it around the edge. It will stay in place due to the grill sandwiching it to the light lens. Since I had these out, I wrapped it an inch or so around the light and then installed the fog lights and it stays very secure. On these, I cut the film to the inside diameter of the halo lights and left the outside edge clear just so the halo would be brighter. Not necessary though.
It actually looks even better over time if you black out the fogs with a film. Over time, the film on the lens will get somewhat matte looking due to grime and the fog lights completely disappear in the daylight. They look like true deletes.

I was going to do the headlights, but the lens is glued on waaaay too good. The fog lens came off super easy using the oven technique, no at all with the headlights.
Old 8/14/14, 01:38 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Deerslayer
Wheelman,
The mesh is super simple. You can buy it at Home Depot or most any hardware store. You cut it with scissors. Cut it just a little larger than your fog light (1/2" or so, spray it with PlastiDip spray. I use two / three coats. You simply slide it over the fogs and bend it around the edge. It will stay in place due to the grill sandwiching it to the light lens. Since I had these out, I wrapped it an inch or so around the light and then installed the fog lights and it stays very secure. On these, I cut the film to the inside diameter of the halo lights and left the outside edge clear just so the halo would be brighter. Not necessary though.
It actually looks even better over time if you black out the fogs with a film. Over time, the film on the lens will get somewhat matte looking due to grime and the fog lights completely disappear in the daylight. They look like true deletes.

I was going to do the headlights, but the lens is glued on waaaay too good. The fog lens came off super easy using the oven technique, no at all with the headlights.
Nice; thanks!