5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Installed Borla S-Type (2013-14)

Search this Thread

Old 2/27/14, 05:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
I didn't drill any weep holes.

I let the Prius drivers I pass do all the weeping
Originally Posted by fdesalvo
Dude, you know that's going into your sig. Plus! I think having the ability to have a dual, throttle-actuated, rear-firing, tactical sprinkler system on the car is quite advantageous.
Lol, you guys just made my day! I did not drill, but any water leaks out fine. They have a little grime build up on the lower lip but I haven't been maintaing them as well as I should. Need to ask how best to polish them. Detailing thread here I come...
Old 2/27/14, 05:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At your service, sir!
Old 2/27/14, 07:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Dude, you know that's going into your sig. Plus! I think having the ability to have a dual, throttle-actuated, rear-firing, tactical sprinkler system on the car is quite advantageous.
Lol ....
Old 2/28/14, 04:36 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I've just completed my first drive and the oil is still burning off from the inside of the canisters. I've just replaced the FR GT500 mufflers, which gave me great enjoyment these past 8 months or so. You may have seen my write-up on those suckers. To this very moment, I have nothing negative to say about those puppies. They will provide you with a relatively cheap way to really bring out some of the juiciest tone from your exhaust. The 500's never ceased to make me smile - they never left me wanting really; they just left me curious. These Type-S canisters are glorious and I can't wait to see if there's any change in tone after a dozen or so heat cycles. Here are some things I've noted for people curious in the comparison between my old and new AB rig: These are significantly louder with a chestier tone. These aren't broken in yet and they are already about 50% louder in perceivable volume than the GT500s. There's more of everything. There are deeper lows with a more aggressive edge throughout the RPMs. Where the GT500s peak in volume around 4K and seem to disappear behind the sound of the motor, the Borlas continue building volume. Coming off of the throttle is very pleasing, as well. I think these are borderline obnoxious - and I mean this in the best way possible. These things snap necks when you lay into the throttle and tuck out of the way when cruising, which is great. Like others have noted, there is zero drone. Another difference I really appreciate about these is that I can still enjoy them while the windows are up. I can't get off of this volume thing. Those that skip these and go straight to the Atak canisters are some fearless individuals. If I'm talking about you, then I'd probably buy you a drink because I can only imagine what you are going through in life haha. On my way back from the dealership, I turned onto a popular blvd. Beside me was a late model 335i piloted by an older gent who wanted some. Behind him was a younger cat in a debadged, lowered, and striped BMW coupe. I could tell the guy beside me was ready to play when the light turned green. He made sure to stay ahead of me round the bend, but I knew something that he didn't; something that should've been obvious to Mr Oregato in the BMW holding up the rear - a motorcycle patrolman was behind us all. Jr was too focused on the light change so he could impress his passenger to notice, so he gunned it as the 335i and I stayed side-by-side at a slower pace. We parted like Moses hit us with his staff and gave smokey clear access to Jr, who was about 50 yards ahead and pulling. Next thing we knew, the older cat and myself were looking at each other with this "yikes!" face smirking and we went about our business sans ticket! My belabored point is that now I have to really be aware of who is around me now that these cans announce what's happening with my right foot. Man, is it ever worth it. I guess I'll close the review with the little detail that really ties things together out back - the tips. These 13-14 series mufflers are shorter and use a shorter tip, as well. It's still the nicely rolled version that you are familiar with, except these protrude only a touch more that the GT500s - and that's alright by me. These tips are perfect for the cutouts and really bring the rear of the car together nicely. Just a perfect finishing touch. Again, for you guys not willing or able to cough up the dough for these, the GT500s will satisfy. They will! But if you want something that offers more of everything and just falls short of ape****, save your money for these! While the GT500s are well compared to the tone of a roaring lion, these Borlas sound like a fire-breathing dragon. Sweet mercy.
Frank... Congrats, but didn't I tell you this from day one? I'm sure you've seen my writeups as I transitioned the EXACT same way as you. I actuall my have had the full catback now for over a year. If you think the axleback is great, the full catback is even better.

I keep telling gt500 owners the same thing. Nothing negative, but if you just want all around better, borla ftw.

Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Both sound excellent. So torn.
Need I say it again???

Not going to. Borla stands behind their products; if it rusts, then they will make it right.
I knew that too, but still drilled the weeps. Helps clear the water... Acoustic reasons, not rust.
Old 2/28/14, 04:39 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ might I add, the sound of it, paired with a magnuson supercharger on full bore? Let's just say, I have a spare set of underwear in the car for those moments
Old 2/28/14, 05:06 AM
Cobra Member

You guys...lmao!
Old 3/4/14, 07:26 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is exactly what I eventually want. Now I'm done looking. Kooks LT, Kooks Catted BOSS H pipe, and Borla Type S's.

Old 3/4/14, 05:58 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stevedotmil
This is exactly what I eventually want. Now I'm done looking. Kooks LT, Kooks Catted BOSS H pipe, and Borla Type S's. Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPNpe3wq2V8
That sounds sick Steve! I think that will be a real nice set-up.
Old 3/4/14, 07:57 PM
Banned

another reminder why automatics make me puke.
Old 3/21/14, 02:21 PM
Cobra Member

I ended up drilling the weep holes and I can tell you it helps with the sound. I would get some popping in the sound sometimes and now thats gone. I couldn't believe how much water was in there after drilling the holes. I recommend everyone drill them.

Old 3/27/14, 05:37 PM
V6 Member

After 5 months I decided to drill the weep holes, as I noticed the sound appeared to have changed. The passenger side drained for 4:45 minutes and the driver's side drained for 5:05 minutes. Happy I finally got around to doing it.
View My Video