5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Hypermotive selling AED Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 9/9/14, 02:00 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Sorry, but this needs to be said. This is exactly why I don't care for AM or Bama. That's the kind of people the work there.

/thread.
oh no you didn't!!!

Old 9/9/14, 02:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
oh no you didn't!!!
LMFAO
Old 9/9/14, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Yes I read that and like other threads, it went south quick.
Old 9/9/14, 04:59 PM
Len
GT Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry, but this needs to be said. This is exactly why I don't care for AM or Bama. That's the kind of people the work there.

/thread.
Here we go again. This thread is about Hypermotive. AM wasn't involved, they did nothing wrong, yet they still get bashed.

Last edited by Len; 9/9/14 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Clarity
Old 9/9/14, 07:10 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
After hearing some of Shaun's racist comments that were posted on another Forum I used to be on...when I had my F150 Ecoboost... I would NEVER fork over any money to that man regardless of how good his tunes may be...or as others found out... how good they may NOT be.
Old 9/9/14, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Len
Here we go again. This thread is about Hypermotive. AM wasn't involved, they did nothing wrong, yet they still get bashed.
No, the ex-tuner, was an ex-Bama employee. Ex-AM employee.
Old 9/9/14, 10:10 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
After hearing some of Shaun's racist comments that were posted on another Forum I used to be on...when I had my F150 Ecoboost... I would NEVER fork over any money to that man regardless of how good his tunes may be...or as others found out... how good they may NOT be.
Have a link? That said, I'm sorry if that's true, as I know why that especially hits home for you
Old 9/9/14, 10:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This. I felt the bashing comment wasn't out of line. Now we know why Bama couldn't get a guys tune right after 7 revisions, and the only mod he had was "Cat Deletes". Mike Wilson isn't much of a tuner. He had to sell Shaun's tunes to try and make a name for himself.
Old 9/9/14, 11:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I like how Jay stepped up and took responsibility. Hypermotive will have my future business. Jay has been nothing but honest and helpful with me. I won't let one unfortunate decision change that.
Old 9/9/14, 11:05 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by KushBandit
This. I felt the bashing comment wasn't out of line. Now we know why Bama couldn't get a guys tune right after 7 revisions, and the only mod he had was "Cat Deletes". Mike Wilson isn't much of a tuner. He had to sell Shaun's tunes to try and make a name for himself.
Old 9/10/14, 04:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Mr. V
I like how Jay stepped up and took responsibility. Hypermotive will have my future business. Jay has been nothing but honest and helpful with me. I won't let one unfortunate decision change that.
At the moment, this is how I feel too. Jay and dan have been top notch for me. Thus far.
Old 9/10/14, 07:36 AM
Len
GT Member

Then you should be bashing Hypermotive for using his tunes. Apparently they were impressed enough by his resume to hire him.
As you noted, he was AM's EX-employee - maybe they fired him. Whatever the reason for his leaving AM, Hypermotive thought he was good enough to hire. How do you reconcile that?

That's not the only issue with Hypermotive as admitted by Hypermotive.
From their apology:

"I understand I've made mistakes in the past, 2 years ago I sold parts on SVTP behind the backs of other paying vendors and the admin on the site. I let go of a friend from Hypermotive, prematurely. I copied the name of my Supercharger package after Beefcake (I mean, its a **** good idea) and when I first started I undercut a lot of vendors. I've learned from these mistakes..."

http://tinyurl.com/muxbson - post 179

I've never had any dealings with Hypermotive and have no desire to get into the bashing game but I find it interesting that some of the people who's life work appears to be knocking AM are willing to give Hypermotive a pass. In fairness they should judge Hypermotive to the same standard as they do AM.

Last edited by Len; 9/10/14 at 07:37 AM.
Old 9/10/14, 08:00 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Len
Then you should be bashing Hypermotive for using his tunes. Apparently they were impressed enough by his resume to hire him.
As you noted, he was AM's EX-employee - maybe they fired him. Whatever the reason for his leaving AM, Hypermotive thought he was good enough to hire. How do you reconcile that?

That's not the only issue with Hypermotive as admitted by Hypermotive.
From their apology:

"I understand I've made mistakes in the past, 2 years ago I sold parts on SVTP behind the backs of other paying vendors and the admin on the site. I let go of a friend from Hypermotive, prematurely. I copied the name of my Supercharger package after Beefcake (I mean, its a **** good idea) and when I first started I undercut a lot of vendors. I've learned from these mistakes..."

http://tinyurl.com/muxbson - post 179

I've never had any dealings with Hypermotive and have no desire to get into the bashing game but I find it interesting that some of the people who's life work appears to be knocking AM are willing to give Hypermotive a pass. In fairness they should judge Hypermotive to the same standard as they do AM.
To your last paragraph, my only comment is some people, like Patrick, have had 1st hand "crappy" experience with AM. But he has also had several 1st hand "great" experiences with Hyper. So therefore, he would be qualified to give an "opinion" about both. He's been burned by AM before. As have I. I can't speak to the tuning part of Hyper, as I have not ordered it. But I'm still reading all the threads/info about this issue. It's interesting to say the least.
Old 9/10/14, 08:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Len
Then you should be bashing Hypermotive for using his tunes. Apparently they were impressed enough by his resume to hire him. As you noted, he was AM's EX-employee - maybe they fired him. Whatever the reason for his leaving AM, Hypermotive thought he was good enough to hire. How do you reconcile that? That's not the only issue with Hypermotive as admitted by Hypermotive. From their apology: "I understand I've made mistakes in the past, 2 years ago I sold parts on SVTP behind the backs of other paying vendors and the admin on the site. I let go of a friend from Hypermotive, prematurely. I copied the name of my Supercharger package after Beefcake (I mean, its a **** good idea) and when I first started I undercut a lot of vendors. I've learned from these mistakes..." http://tinyurl.com/muxbson - post 179 I've never had any dealings with Hypermotive and have no desire to get into the bashing game but I find it interesting that some of the people who's life work appears to be knocking AM are willing to give Hypermotive a pass. In fairness they should judge Hypermotive to the same standard as they do AM.
See above^.
Old 9/10/14, 08:29 AM
Former Vendor

AM is a great company, I personally wouldn't knock them especially after this learning experience. They have a great business model and they're HUGE!! Hard to achieve what they've been able to do in such a short amount of time, regardless of the amount of money they started with.
Old 9/10/14, 08:35 AM
Len
GT Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
To your last paragraph, my only comment is some people, like Patrick, have had 1st hand "crappy" experience with AM. But he has also had several 1st hand "great" experiences with Hyper. So therefore, he would be qualified to give an "opinion" about both. He's been burned by AM before. As have I. I can't speak to the tuning part of Hyper, as I have not ordered it. But I'm still reading all the threads/info about this issue. It's interesting to say the least.
Lots of drama for sure.
I have no problem with people posting when they've had a problem with a vendor. If done properly it's a benefit to everyone - including the vendor. What I object to is squeezing in a negative AM comment at every opportunity. This thread has nothing to do with AM yet people feel the need to comment in this thread which is about Hypermotive NOT AM. The fact that the tuner worked for AM is not really relevant since we don't know why he left AM. Maybe he was fired. If you want to make an issue of the tuner's previous employment then the issue is why did Hypermotive hire him. Apparently they thought he was qualified enough to write tunes under their name. I assume they wouldn't have done that if they thought his tunes were crap but that's not the issue imo. The thread is about Hypermotive's business practices and AM has nothing to do with that.
Old 9/10/14, 08:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Len
Lots of drama for sure. I have no problem with people posting when they've had a problem with a vendor. If done properly it's a benefit to everyone - including the vendor. What I object to is squeezing in a negative AM comment at every opportunity. This thread has nothing to do with AM yet people feel the need to comment in this thread which is about Hypermotive NOT AM. The fact that the tuner worked for AM is not really relevant since we don't know why he left AM. Maybe he was fired. If you want to make an issue of the tuner's previous employment then the issue is why did Hypermotive hire him. Apparently they thought he was qualified enough to write tunes under their name. I assume they wouldn't have done that if they thought his tunes were crap but that's not the issue imo. The thread is about Hypermotive's business practices and AM has nothing to do with that.
Go ahead and go through my posts, and see own many times I've said anything about AM. Guarantee you, you could count on one hand. I vote with my dollars, not running my mouth/hands.
Old 9/10/14, 09:17 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've spent quite a large chunk of cash with Hypermotive and Jay and have had a great experience buy parts from him. He'll continue to have my business as well. Plus I need to get a boost gauge from him lol.
Old 9/10/14, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MyStang2010GB
I believe you are talking about Shawn Ellis (SoCal diablo / Southern Speed Inc).

http://www.f150forum.com/f70/souther...250068/index7/
Old 9/10/14, 11:55 AM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Shaun@AED
I believe you are talking about Shawn Ellis (SoCal diablo / Southern Speed Inc). http://www.f150forum.com/f70/souther...250068/index7/
SMH.

Quick Reply: Hypermotive selling AED Tunes