5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

GT500 exhaust installed, barely 24 hrs of ownership :)

Search this Thread

Old 11/19/11, 01:57 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmeline916

Look in the classified's their are roush AB's for 375$ they are louder than the gt 500's and sound better IMO.
Sorry I disagree

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
Congrats, those are great mufflers. They were my first mod in my '11 last year and I transferred them to my '12 when I switch from '11 vert to '12 coupe this year.

I agree re the huge single-walled organ pipe looking old school muscle.

I disagree with the poster who said to paint all but the tips black. That is a matter of personal preference, mine being to leave them as-is. But it's your car, do what you want.
Thx! No worries... No painting for me.

Originally Posted by Secondhandloser
very nice
Thank u kindly!
Old 11/19/11, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same exhaust and enjoy them. That said this is the quietest car I've had in years. I do find myself lusting after additional rumble. Thinking about some headers, but don't know about the cost vs benefit.
Old 11/21/11, 09:47 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
I have the same exhaust and enjoy them. That said this is the quietest car I've had in years. I do find myself lusting after additional rumble. Thinking about some headers, but don't know about the cost vs benefit.
I have looked into the headers too...it seems like the performance benefits are small and the cost is high...not sure how much it would do for exhaust note, but that's not enough to justify the expense to me.

Fortunately or unfortuanately, the stock shorties are very good. It would be nice if there was a whole bunch of performance to unlock there.

I know what you mean about wanting more of a V8 racket from these cars. I love the GT500 mufflers and I'm tempted to remove my resonators to turn up the volume a bit...but it just means more expense if I ever go with a muffler-delete kit...in which case, the resonators will be needed.
Old 11/21/11, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eric n
Originally Posted by MRGTX
I have looked into the headers too...it seems like the performance benefits are small and the cost is high...not sure how much it would do for exhaust note, but that's not enough to justify the expense to me.

Fortunately or unfortuanately, the stock shorties are very good. It would be nice if there was a whole bunch of performance to unlock there.

I know what you mean about wanting more of a V8 racket from these cars. I love the GT500 mufflers and I'm tempted to remove my resonators to turn up the volume a bit...but it just means more expense if I ever go with a muffler-delete kit...in which case, the resonators will be needed.

Cut the resonators and you will be happy. It increases the depth/volume of the exhaust without adding drone or rasp.
Old 11/30/11, 10:10 AM
Bullitt Member

Love the sound, man. I never really gave these mufflers any thought until now.
Old 11/30/11, 12:30 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Vectors2Final
Love the sound, man. I never really gave these mufflers any thought until now.
thank you!

I see you ordered a 2013 5.0? Congrats! Yeah no Kona though... that's a major thing for me. Hopefully Deep Impact will be nice as well.
Old 11/30/11, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
thank you!

I see you ordered a 2013 5.0? Congrats! Yeah no Kona though... that's a major thing for me. Hopefully Deep Impact will be nice as well.
Yeah, I did. Still waiting on options to be released, though. Talk about being an early bird

I'll probably go with Performance White, or Ingot.