5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

GT/CS spoiler for GT500

Search this Thread

Old 4/8/14, 05:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GT/CS spoiler for GT500

I have decided to change out that GT/CS spoiler for the GT500 at an insane cost... Biting the bullet here. Am I nuts!!!!
When I got the car what mattered most was it being black and had a 3.73 rear, $800 I remembered for that gtcs piece, grrrrrr.
Hated it from the get go but at the time there was no other cars out there in the market except special order and that would have been a fall take ownership.... Maybe I should have waited but I guess a fool is parted with his money....lol.
Missing the 182 hp to reach the gt500 but it all costs less at the end of the day.
Mods so far

Window louvers
Axle backs flowmaster outlaw
Air raid CAI and bama tune
Roush hood scoop
Roush side splitters
CDC grille
Roush lower open grille
Boss chin splitter
Laguna chin splitter
Boss 338's and rubber 20 inch
Front fender stripes
GT500 rear spoiler next week install.
Old 4/8/14, 06:36 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by shayner
I have decided to change out that GT/CS spoiler for the GT500 at an insane cost... Biting the bullet here. Am I nuts!!!! When I got the car what mattered most was it being black and had a 3.73 rear, $800 I remembered for that gtcs piece, grrrrrr. Hated it from the get go but at the time there was no other cars out there in the market except special order and that would have been a fall take ownership.... Maybe I should have waited but I guess a fool is parted with his money....lol. Missing the 182 hp to reach the gt500 but it all costs less at the end of the day. Mods so far Window louvers Axle backs flowmaster outlaw Air raid CAI and bama tune Roush hood scoop Roush side splitters CDC grille Roush lower open grille Boss chin splitter Laguna chin splitter Boss 338's and rubber 20 inch Front fender stripes GT500 rear spoiler next week install.
The GT 500 spoiler won't cover the holes in the decklid made by the CS spoiler.

Nice mods!
Old 4/8/14, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
The GT 500 spoiler won't cover the holes in the decklid made by the CS spoiler. Nice mods!
After research indeed your right.
I took of my deck lid tonight and it's going to the body shop tomorrow.
$450 for the repair to put the gt500 spoiler on.
Old 4/9/14, 08:33 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shayner
I have decided to change out that GT/CS spoiler for the GT500 at an insane cost... Biting the bullet here. Am I nuts!!!!
When I got the car what mattered most was it being black and had a 3.73 rear, $800 I remembered for that gtcs piece, grrrrrr.
Hated it from the get go but at the time there was no other cars out there in the market except special order and that would have been a fall take ownership.... Maybe I should have waited but I guess a fool is parted with his money....lol.
Missing the 182 hp to reach the gt500 but it all costs less at the end of the day.
Mods so far

Window louvers
Axle backs flowmaster outlaw
Air raid CAI and bama tune
Roush hood scoop
Roush side splitters
CDC grille
Roush lower open grille
Boss chin splitter
Laguna chin splitter
Boss 338's and rubber 20 inch
Front fender stripes
GT500 rear spoiler next week install.
I don't think you're crazy for wanting to go through the expense of switching to the GT500 spoiler. You like what you like, and it's as simple as that. If the stock GT/CS spoiler isn't working with your taste, it would be a shame to have invested so much money into your GT but be annoyed by the spoiler every time you look at it. At that point, what's another few 1k dollars to give you want you've always wanted!

Overall your mod list looks really solid too. I see you've already put a lot of work into the exterior from the cars stock form. Nice work!

Shane