Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Ghost Cam Tunes...

Search this Thread

Old 10/1/11, 11:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ever happened to these? I remember hearing tons about them back in may and then they kind of faded... Anyone running one? Did they iron out the problems? Just Curious...

Last edited by Kona Blur; 10/1/11 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10/1/11, 12:47 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
couple thread about this. I would search it.
Old 10/1/11, 01:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Flagstang
couple thread about this. I would search it.
I did but I couldn't find any updates...
Old 10/1/11, 02:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

A couple more compaines are coming out with them. It sounds to me like people are figuring out how to do it other than jon lund. I know a company called johnny lightning has one, and I talked to shaun at AED and he said he should have one done very soon. He claims his is nothing like lund's and has zero driveablity issues.

Right now his tune is not working for **** on my car or I would have posted a video of the cammed idle.
Old 10/2/11, 06:37 AM

I heard a while back that Ford issued some sort of 'gag order' to some folks that were starting to make these available. Something like that anyways...
Old 10/2/11, 07:25 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blackgt87
A couple more compaines are coming out with them. It sounds to me like people are figuring out how to do it other than jon lund. I know a company called johnny lightning has one, and I talked to shaun at AED and he said he should have one done very soon. He claims his is nothing like lund's and has zero driveablity issues.

Right now his tune is not working for **** on my car or I would have posted a video of the cammed idle.
Do you have an Auto or a Manual?

I've been running Jon Lund's cammed tune for a while now on my manual 'Stang. ZERO drivability issues at all. From what I understand from talking to others, there's no issues with his cammed tune for Auto's either.

Some people have never owned a cammed car. They aren't familiar with the eccentricities of the whole experience. It doesn't make the tune bad, it makes the driver have to learn how to drive a car with a lot of cam lope.

Anyone have any questions, PM me. Meanwhile, here's some video of my car running the Lund Cammed tune. Obviously, I have no issues.
Old 10/2/11, 08:18 AM
V6 Member

curious about the word on this as well....they did seem to drop off out of nowhere.
Old 10/2/11, 08:34 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All I know is who I talk to that works @ Amer Muscle says BAMA has discontinued the ghost tunes.
Old 10/2/11, 08:37 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Frank your car is awesome! Great video!
Old 10/2/11, 10:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
Do you have an Auto or a Manual?

I've been running Jon Lund's cammed tune for a while now on my manual 'Stang. ZERO drivability issues at all. From what I understand from talking to others, there's no issues with his cammed tune for Auto's either.

Some people have never owned a cammed car. They aren't familiar with the eccentricities of the whole experience. It doesn't make the tune bad, it makes the driver have to learn how to drive a car with a lot of cam lope.

Anyone have any questions, PM me. Meanwhile, here's some video of my car running the Lund Cammed tune. Obviously, I have no issues.
Manual.

I have a 10 second fox body, I know exactly how cammed cars act.

I was talking about Shauns TUNE. The actual tune, that makes the car run you know? That part isn't working for crap, so I am not running a crappy tune just so my car lopes at idle. I like to drive my car around, not just listen to it idle.
Old 10/2/11, 10:55 AM
Banned

Ghost cam tune = dumbest idea since spinning wheels
Old 10/2/11, 12:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Maybe if you combine them the wheels could spin simultaneously with the lope
Old 10/2/11, 12:14 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by ExVP
I heard a while back that Ford issued some sort of 'gag order' to some folks that were starting to make these available. Something like that anyways...
Right. They pulled em then.

Originally Posted by VTXFrank
Right. Perhaps another reason for "blip the throttle" habit (another thread) that came from back in the day. Gotta get those revs up so you don't stall.

I guess some people want the "back in the day" muscle car experience. Maybe they weren't there and don't have the ability to build an engine with a thumper lope so this is as close as it gets.

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/2/11 at 12:16 PM.
Old 10/2/11, 12:42 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
I spent over $5k in parts (heads/cam/headers/injectors, etc) on my 07 Charger 5.7 to get extra performance and the cammed idle sound.

If I can get "extra performance and the cammed idle sound" for only a few hundred dollars on a Mustang 5.0, and especially without tearing into the engine AT ALL, I'm all for it.

I'd LOVE a ghost-cam/performance tune when I finally get a 5.0

Old 10/2/11, 12:50 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
the cammed idle sound.

That would be called a "lope".

It won't increase performance*. The ECU already dials in valve overlap with TiVCT at higher rpm's where its effective. So your max HP & torque (stock parameters) are already programmed in.

The ghost cam merely increases overlap at idle - like back in the day where you couldn't vary the cam timing by computer controlled hydraulic action. So you hear the "lope" at idle. After you increase rpm's from idle, the TiVCT goes back to normal parameters.

*(speaking only to the cam effect. The tune may include other improvements for performance.)

Last edited by cdynaco; 10/2/11 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10/2/11, 01:17 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
That would be called a "lope".
Lol, I know all about what lope is.

My Charger's got some:

Old 10/2/11, 01:22 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

spinning wheels is the best part about cars! CA people hate everything
Old 10/2/11, 01:23 PM
Swamp Donkey Aficionado

Why is it dumb? To me, it's no different than changing out only the mufflers on your 'Stang, which yield little-to-no performance gains -- they exist solely to create sound. At least a "ghost cam" or idle lope tune will increase horsepower and torque as it is still a performance tune.
Old 10/2/11, 01:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

He only says it's a dumb idea cuz he's jealous that he can't get it on his all-mighty Shelby

Old 10/2/11, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MARZ

Why is it dumb? To me, it's no different than changing out only the mufflers on your 'Stang, which yield little-to-no performance gains -- they exist solely to create sound. At least a "ghost cam" or idle lope tune will increase horsepower and torque as it is still a performance tune.
I see a big difference, every video I've seen of the "ghost cam" tune, shakes the car violently, it reminds me of every idiot back in the day who thought "I'll just put a cam in it" and drove around with their rumbling engines trying to look all bad #&$ and I'll say this I saw a video from Ford on the trackey that does the same thing, I wouldn't get the trackey tune if I had to get the idle lope.

Quick Reply: Ghost Cam Tunes...