5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

Search this Thread

Old 1/20/11, 05:56 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Overboost
Call it OCD, but I don't want to stick a bunch of Boss-branded items on my car if it's not. If the parts don't have a logo on them that's one thing, but for items like this, I'd prefer it not say Boss 302 on it.

Just my $.02
I completely agree.
Old 1/20/11, 08:30 AM
Team Mustang Source

Looking forward to the dyno results after the test unit is installed.
Old 1/20/11, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wouldn't want to stick a ton of Boss items on the car, either. But in this case, having a Boss 302R manifold on the car isn't like throwing stripes and seats on with it. The manifold alone is a power adder, and understandable.

That's going to be subjective, though. Some people will agree. Some people will disagree.
Old 1/20/11, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
I wouldn't want to stick a ton of Boss items on the car, either. But in this case, having a Boss 302R manifold on the car isn't like throwing stripes and seats on with it. The manifold alone is a power adder, and understandable.

That's going to be subjective, though. Some people will agree. Some people will disagree.
Double post.

Last edited by Liquid; 1/20/11 at 09:05 AM.
Old 1/20/11, 09:03 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose

I'm sure my attitude will change.
Old 1/20/11, 09:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Okay, so I spoke with Ford Racing about it, and it's a little too early to be 100% confirmed, but here's what we think.

The factory GT strut tower brace will not fit, but a V6 strut tower brace or a Boss strut tower brace will. They're much different if you take a look at them (I've got pictures below).

Also, there isn't a different part number for the cold air intake. This means that the factory airbox for the GT and for the Boss should be the same. This still isn't 100% confirmed, but if you look at the pictures, it looks as though they simply rotate the inlet tube up to mate with the new TB location. I can't swear to it, some aftermarket intakes may bolt right up, some might not... we'll test the second ours gets here.

Stock 2011 GT Configuration Pic

Boss 302 Configuration Pic
Old 1/20/11, 09:51 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Steeda's got one of these already. I'll pm Gus to see if they've done any testing on if CAIs bolt up w/ no issues
Old 1/20/11, 11:07 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks to me like they used the 2010 strut tower brace over top of that intake manifold, can anyone confirm this?
Old 1/20/11, 11:10 AM
GT Member

Makes me wonder if the Boss 302 STB will fit over a PD supercharger. Might be close.

Last edited by Liquid; 1/20/11 at 11:26 AM.
Old 1/20/11, 11:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Looks to me like they used the 2010 strut tower brace over top of that intake manifold, can anyone confirm this?
The 2010 track package, yes.
Old 1/20/11, 03:02 PM
Bullitt Member

look, if you are not planning to make power above the stock rpm, then this manifold will do nothing to very little IMO. BUT if you plan to rev it to 7k and your combo makes power there, YOU NEED IT!

if you want 475-500rwhp YOU NEED IT. its not an untested new part that nobody has seen. its inspipred by the roush/yates Lemans protoype intake manifold.

ford is going to sell as many as they make IMO. long tubes and cams will do the trick IMO.

if you are satisifed with bolt on power, you wont need a manifold like this. I NEED IT.

this is a tapered runner tunnel port ram intake. this is just the first street motor anyone has manufactured that can use this beast.

Last edited by assasinator; 1/20/11 at 03:04 PM.
Old 1/20/11, 03:12 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
look, if you are not planning to make power above the stock rpm, then this manifold will do nothing to very little IMO. BUT if you plan to rev it to 7k and your combo makes power there, YOU NEED IT!

if you want 475-500rwhp YOU NEED IT. its not an untested new part that nobody has seen. its inspipred by the roush/yates Lemans protoype intake manifold.

ford is going to sell as many as they make IMO. long tubes and cams will do the trick IMO.

if you are satisifed with bolt on power, you wont need a manifold like this. I NEED IT.

this is a tapered runner tunnel port ram intake. this is just the first street motor anyone has manufactured that can use this beast.
O/T, hey assinator, remember when you were worried the 5.0 wouldn't make enough power? Now you've built yourself quite the N/A monster with only more mods to come
Old 1/20/11, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
O/T, hey assinator, remember when you were worried the 5.0 wouldn't make enough power? Now you've built yourself quite the N/A monster with only more mods to come
i know, i know. they have pulled low power crap too many times. now they have hit the jackpot.
Old 1/20/11, 03:52 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by assasinator
i know, i know. they have pulled low power crap too many times. now they have hit the jackpot.
its all good. you gotta add your mod plans to your sig. I'm curious to see what you got planned.

/back on topic. I agree w/ Steve I wish you could get this w/ FRPP written on the top. Don't want to look like a poser...but if that's all that's available
Old 1/20/11, 04:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
its all good. you gotta add your mod plans to your sig. I'm curious to see what you got planned.

/back on topic. I agree w/ Steve I wish you could get this w/ FRPP written on the top. Don't want to look like a poser...but if that's all that's available
i wanted the CTS-v. i decided the get the stang because it will be a legend. in getting the V after i pay this off early.

the sig plate is removable.
Old 1/20/11, 08:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Call it OCD, but I don't want to stick a bunch of Boss-branded items on my car if it's not. If the parts don't have a logo on them that's one thing, but for items like this, I'd prefer it not say Boss 302 on it.

Just my $.02
I agree, I prefer to see the FR logo rather the Boss but if the power numbers surpass expectations, oh well.
Old 1/20/11, 08:22 PM
V6 Member

i agree aswell
Old 1/21/11, 08:30 AM

I'm very curious to see what kind of power this will add to a GT. Since the Boss is only 28HP more for the total package AND parts have to work well together to make the most power, I don't see that much power to be had with this intake for just a CAI & tuned car.

Now for FI or long tubes & cams and such, I can see a worthwhile difference. I do hope I'm wrong and time will tell.

I am thankful for the guys that are getting in on it right away and can report back to us more "financially challenged" guys.
Old 1/21/11, 08:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
The hp ratings aren't the only telling feature here, as both the standard GT and Boss are underrated. Also, remember that the Boss has been tuned to make more power up high, which one could argue is the point of this intake, but again it's all in the tuning. Lastly, $600 retail for an OEM high performance intake manifold, on a brand new model, isn't that bad at all!
Old 1/21/11, 04:35 PM
Bullitt Member

We finally got our final pricing on the intake, and it looks like they actually are going to be $549.99 instead of $599.99! We already refunded the $50 to the current people holding pre-orders!

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order