5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

Search this Thread

Old 1/19/11, 01:54 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order

We dyno'd 58RWHP increase at 7400RPM on this manifold! If you're naturally aspirated, you will lose a little bit of low and mid-range power/torque. The whole curve is alot smoother, and you'll still pick up the 50-60RWHP above 7000. You start gaining power around 6000-6500. Supercharger, turbo and nitrous applications will probably gain all of the low-midrange back plus plenty more!

Ford Racing 2012 BOSS 302R Intake Manifold (11+ GT) - REDUCED PRICING!! $499.99

GET YOUR NAME ON THE PRE-ORDER LIST!

So for anyone who hasn't heard the rumble on the streets, the 2012 Boss Intake Manifold is going to be in your neighborhood soon! We got word from our boys over at Ford Racing that they're putting the finishing touches on these manifolds, and will have them in your hand in April. This bad boy is going to wake up ANY 2011 GT looking for an fairly easy mod to add a ton of power.

Made from lightweight composite, you know this manifold isn't going to have ANY heat soak issues. Forced induction guys, I know you're excited right now! This is going to be a bad *** system for centrifugal supercharged, turbo or nitrous-injected 2011 Mustangs.

We're working with Ford right now to get a demo unit. We'll update this thread as soon as we get something. You can bet we'll be doing third-party dyno testing on this, and we'll keep it updated right here. We'll also be offering Bama Custom Tune updates for all you Free Tunes for Life members!

If you're planning on purchasing this manifold - what mods are you going to run with it? Intake? Long tubes? Cams? DISCUSS BELOW!

---------------------------------------------------------------
PRODUCT FEATURES

* Shipping Early April 2011
* Original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang
* Made from light-weight composite material
* Black Finish
* Short runners for optimum flow at high rpms
* Fits 2011 and newer GT Mustangs with Coyote 5.0L engine

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION

Exclusive AmericanMuscle Pre-Order! Be one of the very first to enjoy the amazing power and performance benefits of the BOSS 302R Intake Manifold for your 2011 Mustang GT. AmericanMuscle has teamed up with Ford Racing to offer an exclusive pre-order. Be the envy of other Mustang enthusiasts - reserve yours now. Shipping early April 2011.

Ideal Upgrade. Upgrade your 5.0L Coyote V8's restrictive stock intake manifold with this Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold to channel more air directly into your engine and set the stage for other power mods.

Premium Quality. Made of a high tech, lightweight composite, this manifold will help your pony breathe better while improving underhood appearance with it's modern "Boss 302" logo.

Legendary Ford Racing Performance. When you're adding parts to your pony, trust the folks who know it best to untap hidden potential and unleash the monster under your hood. This intake manifold is featured as original equipment on the BOSS 302R Mustang.

Strong Enough for Forced Induction. Tested up to 2 bars of pressure, this intake manifold is perfect for your upgraded heads, supercharger, and or cam’ed 4 valve motor. With this type of pressure rating, it can handle the increased air flow and deliver consistent power time and time again.

Application. The Ford Racing BOSS 302R Intake Manifold is designed to fit the 2011 and newer GT Mustangs equipped with the Coyote 5.0L 4-Valve Engine. Intake gaskets are included.

Technical Note. A new Computer Tune is required for installation.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 3/6/11 at 07:48 PM.
Old 1/19/11, 01:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sweet, are you guys going to start carrying the boss line of parts now? I really want the gauge cluster and like the side exit pipes.
Old 1/19/11, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Any idea how much $$$ we're talking?
Old 1/19/11, 02:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2011GB/CS
Any idea how much $$$ we're talking?
They're $549.99 with free shipping in the 48 states!

Originally Posted by alcarames
Sweet, are you guys going to start carrying the boss line of parts now? I really want the gauge cluster and like the side exit pipes.
Yes sir, we're also adding the Gauge Pack, Cluster, Spoiler, etc. etc. etc.

We'll be adding most of the Boss lineup!

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 1/21/11 at 04:35 PM.
Old 1/19/11, 02:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
They're $599.99 with free shipping in the 48 states!

Yes sir, we're also adding the Gauge Pack, Cluster, Spoiler, etc. etc. etc.

We'll be adding most of the Boss lineup!

Thanks for the info. I think i know of a mod my car will be getting.
Old 1/19/11, 02:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Won't be making a purchase until I see some dyno numbers... really excited for other Boss parts though! Thanks for the update Chris
Old 1/19/11, 02:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ivan 5.0
Won't be making a purchase until I see some dyno numbers... really excited for other Boss parts though! Thanks for the update Chris
Not a problem! We're working on those dyno numbers! I have a feeling they'll be very good (even for a CAI-only car), and especially with the addition of long tubes, cams, forced induction, etc.
Old 1/19/11, 03:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Awesome, please let us know as you add other frpp boss pieces and parts. I'll take a gauge cluster right away. Any word in the side pipes?
Old 1/19/11, 03:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AMChrisRose
Not a problem! We're working on those dyno numbers! I have a feeling they'll be very good (even for a CAI-only car), and especially with the addition of long tubes, cams, forced induction, etc.
Define "very good" please. For a car that already has a CAI, tune, and OR/X, do you think just bolting this on will be good for 5, 10, 20 rwhp? I understand that you don't have one and that the dyno will tell the gains, but what does Chris Rose *think* these intakes will provide as far as gains? Also, will the strut tower brace clear this thing?
Old 1/19/11, 03:59 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I think you'll need the 2010 TP/2011 V6PP/Boss STB. It is higher in the middle to clear the intake plenums in those cars...
Old 1/19/11, 04:12 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im just removing it. and the z brace. i dont need them anyway. plus im switching to 235/40-19's soon for the fronts.
Old 1/19/11, 04:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by jsnyng
Define "very good" please. For a car that already has a CAI, tune, and OR/X, do you think just bolting this on will be good for 5, 10, 20 rwhp? I understand that you don't have one and that the dyno will tell the gains, but what does Chris Rose *think* these intakes will provide as far as gains? Also, will the strut tower brace clear this thing?
From what I've seen so far, it's reasonable to expect that a car with nothing other than a CAI/Tune and Off-Road X-Pipe would gain maybe 10-15 RWHP or so? Maybe 15-20RWHP with longtubes or cams? I could see a forced induction vehicle seeing as high as 30-40RWHP upper RPM's. I'm gonna shoot low, rather than high. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

These numbers could be way off-base, but that's what I'm expecting, based off of how manifolds reacted with the 3v, and how much of a restriction I think this manifold is for the 4v.

I'm pretty sure strut tower brace fitment won't be an issue (with the 2010 Track Package / 2011 V6 Premium Package / Boss strut tower braces as mentioned above). It looks like there's even a channel for it "carved" into the top of the manifold.
Old 1/19/11, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by alcarames
Awesome, please let us know as you add other frpp boss pieces and parts. I'll take a gauge cluster right away. Any word in the side pipes?
The gauge cluster should be up on our site for preorder this week. I'm working on availability dates on them too, but I'd assume they'd be about the same time as the intake manifold.

The side exhaust, we're still waiting on information from Ford racing.

Last edited by AMChrisRose; 1/19/11 at 04:28 PM.
Old 1/19/11, 06:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Great, I'll keep an eye out for it then.
Old 1/19/11, 06:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
oh man I'm going to have to jump on this soon.
Old 1/19/11, 08:32 PM
Bullitt Member

The second I get a track number, we're ripping apart our 11!!
Old 1/20/11, 01:42 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Just to clarify, I don't believe the 5.0 STB will fit this intake. If you have a 2011 5.0 with 19" wheels/BBP, you will need to switch to the 2010 TP/2011 V6 PP/2012 Boss 302-style brace if you want to keep the STB.
Old 1/20/11, 04:19 AM
GTR Member

Interested to see the numbers, I just wish it didn't look like the one that comes on the Boss. If it was plain or said Ford Racing on it, I'd prefer it.
Old 1/20/11, 05:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Overboost
Interested to see the numbers, I just wish it didn't look like the one that comes on the Boss. If it was plain or said Ford Racing on it, I'd prefer it.
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if it will be like the Recaro seat option sold through FRPP. Just replaces the Boss embroidery with the Ford Racing logo.
Old 1/20/11, 05:45 AM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by Liquid
I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if it will be like the Recaro seat option sold through FRPP. Just replaces the Boss embroidery with the Ford Racing logo.
Call it OCD, but I don't want to stick a bunch of Boss-branded items on my car if it's not. If the parts don't have a logo on them that's one thing, but for items like this, I'd prefer it not say Boss 302 on it.

Just my $.02

Quick Reply: Ford Racing Boss 302R Intake Manifold - AmericanMuscle Pre-Order