Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Kit

Search this Thread

Old 10/23/15, 12:44 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TommyV
Well, that's the problem. A lot of guys post replies that this is good and that is crap. When you ask how they know that, no facts, just the Geico "Well everyone knows that."
I didn't say "everyone knows that". I said I know. I base my conclusions on thousands of hours of testing/R&D. It's probably a safe bet that I have more knowledge of PD blower A2W IC systems than anyone on the planet.

I can post plenty of articles showing that the Edelbrock's ic is efficient (for that sc) and works as advertised. My IAT's are in the range of other members and on 100+ deg. days I don't notice any power loss.
What are your IAT's on a 100deg day?

Also, I'm not sure how an ic would fit that is "double" the size of the Edelbrocks.

That^^^^^ Is not an intercooler.

Last edited by sqidd; 10/23/15 at 12:49 PM.
Old 10/23/15, 01:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but HOW do you know? Have you tested one? Have your friends tested one? Has an independent shop tested one?

I haven't recorded my IAT's on 100+ days, but I will the next time we have one.

And yes, that is the ic, or heat ex-changer, or whatever you want to call it.
Old 10/23/15, 01:12 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Not trying to be a dick, but HOW do you know? Have you tested one? Have your friends tested one? Has an independent shop tested one?

Telling ya...I think he works for the department of boost. Lol Sqidd, now that the cat is out of the bag, what do you do for a living? I'd like to know where all this in-depth knowledge from you is coming from.
Old 10/23/15, 04:33 PM
Bullitt Member

Not trying to be a dick, but HOW do you know?
First hand experience.

Have you tested one?
Yes

Have your friends tested one?
Yes

Check it on any day.

The IC goes in the manifold. The HE goes somewhere else. Those are the agreed upon terms in the hot rod community so everyone knows what everyone else is talking about. In the OEM world the HE is called the Low Temp Radiator (LTR). No one call it an IC.

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Telling ya...I think he works for the department of boost. Lol Sqidd, now that the cat is out of the bag, what do you do for a living? I'd like to know where all this in-depth knowledge from you is coming from.
Yes, I am Department Of Boost.
Old 10/23/15, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
My bad, the ic has been referred to a "charge cooler" and the HE has been referred to as a front mounted intercooler, i.e "To install the huge front-mounted intercooler, you’ll need to undo the four bolts that hold the air conditioning condenser to the radiator."

If you have "tested" one, what were the results? Any graphs? Comparisons? Anything other than just your word?
Old 10/23/15, 08:41 PM
Bullitt Member

If you have "tested" one, what were the results? Any graphs? Comparisons? Anything other than just your word?
You will have to take my word for it, or not. All I can do is provide people with the facts. What they do with them is their choice. You could for example listen to what I'm saying and ask me for advice on how to get your current IC working at a passable level. And I would advise you on what to do. None of my advice would involve buying something from me. Or you can ignore what I have to say and continue to drive around down on power because of high IAT's.

I am the foremost expert on A2W IC systems for PD blowers probably in the world (which really isn't saying much). It's in your best interest to listen.
Old 10/24/15, 05:00 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by sqidd
You will have to take my word for it, or not. All I can do is provide people with the facts. What they do with them is their choice. You could for example listen to what I'm saying and ask me for advice on how to get your current IC working at a passable level. And I would advise you on what to do. None of my advice would involve buying something from me. Or you can ignore what I have to say and continue to drive around down on power because of high IAT's.

I am the foremost expert on A2W IC systems for PD blowers probably in the world (which really isn't saying much). It's in your best interest to listen.
Ahhhh ok that makes sense now. You are dept of boost!!!

So that being said, how can I further lower my IATs in my current magnuson setup and magnuson HE?
Old 10/24/15, 08:57 AM
Bullitt Member

Ahhhh ok that makes sense now. You are dept of boost!!!

So that being said, how can I further lower my IATs in my current magnuson setup and magnuson HE?
Do you have a pic of the HE you have?

This would be let's call it a Stage I improvement. It will get you very good gains and you may even have a chance of making full 10sec WOT pulls without pulling timing.

This will get you 8.5gpm of water flow. You currently have 5.1gpm. A 40% increase in water flow. This makes a huge difference, especially on an undersized IC like the EForce has.

This may get modded depedning on what HE you have.^^^^^^

-Get a OEM 13' GT500 water pump part number DR3Z-8501-A. And pigtail number DR3Z-14A411-C. Tasca probably has the best price:
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/dr3z8501a
http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/dr3z14a411c

A Stage II upgrade will cost you bigger bucks. It will show another step in improvement. It will get you 13gpm. You chances of making 10sec runs without pulling timing will go up. It won't be bulletproof though. On hot days you still may not be able to and making a couple of pulls back to back (roll racing) you will still be pulling timing.

This may get modded depedning on what HE you have.^^^^^^

-Have a shop (or yourself if you can do that stuff) cut the IC fittings out of the IC and put bigger ones in.

-Run the Stewart E2512A pump here:
http://www.stewartcomponents.com/ind...&product_id=71

A Stage III would be a big deal/big money upgrade. But it will get you to as good as you can get (with an EForce) and light years ahead of what you have now. It will still pull timing now and again depending on conditions, but it's good. It will have you at 21.5gpm and a much bigger "reserve".

-Have a shop (or yourself if you can do that stuff) cut the IC fittings out of the IC and put bigger ones in.

-Run the Stewart E2512A pump here:
http://www.stewartcomponents.com/ind...&product_id=71

-Run a degas tank with 1.25" fittings (I will have this available soon).

-Run a massive HE with 1.25" fittings (I will have this available soon).

-Run all 1.25" hose.

Last edited by sqidd; 10/24/15 at 09:54 AM.
Old 10/24/15, 09:19 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
He has the Magnuson...
Old 10/24/15, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
He has the Magnuson...
Ahhhh, into my first cup of joe. Thanks.
Old 10/24/15, 10:10 AM
I Have No Life

Ahhhh, into my first cup of joe. Thanks.
Thanks for the info!!! That being said, do your suggestions still apply to my Maggie setup? Sounds like water pump improvement is what we need to do regardless of Blower brand?
Old 10/24/15, 10:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info!!! That being said, do your suggestions still apply to my Maggie setup? Sounds like water pump improvement is what we need to do regardless of Blower brand?
Yeah, pump improvement is paramount. But depending on what you HE looks like you will need one of those too. Is this what you have?

Old 10/24/15, 08:08 PM
I Have No Life

Yeah, pump improvement is paramount. But depending on what you HE looks like you will need one of those too. Is this what you have?

That looks similar. Someone on SVT had the Maggie setup thread a couple years ago.
Old 10/24/15, 08:37 PM
Bullitt Member

That looks similar. Someone on SVT had the Maggie setup thread a couple years ago.
That has a big face, which is good. but not much volume, which is bad. I estimate that is 300cu in in core volume. That good size for what comes with blowers, not good size for what is needed/can be done. I would ditch that unit and run a 13' GT500 HE. They are 800cu in.
Old 10/25/15, 06:54 AM
I Have No Life

That has a big face, which is good. but not much volume, which is bad. I estimate that is 300cu in in core volume. That good size for what comes with blowers, not good size for what is needed/can be done. I would ditch that unit and run a 13' GT500 HE. They are 800cu in.
I will have to worry about fit for the HE itself (mounting, etc), then I'd have to worry about the hoses that go in/out of the HE right? If it's a different size, I'll have to change the hoses to and from the coolant pump/reservoir/etc.
Old 10/25/15, 09:23 AM
Bullitt Member

I will have to worry about fit for the HE itself (mounting, etc), then I'd have to worry about the hoses that go in/out of the HE right? If it's a different size, I'll have to change the hoses to and from the coolant pump/reservoir/etc.
That's easy, and well worth the gains.
Old 10/25/15, 10:32 AM
I Have No Life

That's easy, and well worth the gains.
Thanks for the input Sqidd. I'll need to check out how much the 13 gt500 HE is, then possibly add that to my upcoming wish list. I'll need to verify the dimensions of the gt500 HE to ensure proper fit.
Old 10/25/15, 10:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the input Sqidd. I'll need to check out how much the 13 gt500 HE is, then possibly add that to my upcoming wish list. I'll need to verify the dimensions of the gt500 HE to ensure proper fit.
You can pick them used for about $300.

It fits.
Old 10/26/15, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I’ve been watching the DOB website for the release of cooling/intercooler products for a while now:

http://departmentofboost.com/product...tercoolers.htm

I’d be interested in having improved (daily driver) cooling efficiency for my Roush TVS kit, especially during the hot Las Vegas summer months.
Old 11/18/15, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have Brenspeeds Edelbrock 675E kit coming next week. I will let you know how it runs. It should be about 8-9 pounds of boost with an A/F mixture a little on the rich side to be safe (ie. low 11) I will do some data logging on the parameters after I have it installed and put on a dyno to give me some final numbers. I did a lot of research before I bought one and Brenspeed gave me a great deal on the kit.

Quick Reply: Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger Kit