5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Dyno numbers are here!!

Search this Thread

Old 11/7/11, 08:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
IMO, I would rather have the torque.... so no Boss mani for me, unless I go full bolt ons, or maybe an SC.

Question for you though, your sig... you ran 11.74 quarter STOCK???
I agree.

And my car has a CAI, an O/R x pipe, and a Bama tune.
Old 11/7/11, 08:47 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by blackgt87
I agree.

And my car has a CAI, an O/R x pipe, and a Bama tune.
Not even an axleback eh? wow... those are great numbers. Stock tires too? How do you get a Bama tune? something I can just buy from vendor, and reflash myself or is that a dyno tune (custom).

Btw, that link on your sig for the 11.74, outputs to an e-mail draft.... not sure that's what you wanted???
Old 11/7/11, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Not even an axleback eh? wow... those are great numbers. Stock tires too? How do you get a Bama tune? something I can just buy from vendor, and reflash myself or is that a dyno tune (custom).

Btw, that link on your sig for the 11.74, outputs to an e-mail draft.... not sure that's what you wanted???
Apologies for hijacking this thread...

GT500 Axleback, I was listing things that actually add hp lol. 18" radials, and check out American Muscle's website, they have EXCELLENT customer service and can explain the entire tune process to you. Basically you buy a handheld SCT device that allows you to load tunes onto your ECU through the OBDII port under you dash.

I think the email thing is a function on the webiste when you use the @ symbol. I don't know how to get rid of that.
Old 11/7/11, 10:46 AM
Cobra R Member

Nice numbers man
Old 11/7/11, 11:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by blackgt87

I still disagree, and I think (in most cases) power under the curve suffers too much with a Boss intake and the car is actually slower.

I think with a CAI, throttle body, longtubes, full catless 3" exhaust, 4.10s or better, some weight reduction, and maybe a light driveshaft and wheels a Boss intake would be a nice compliment. It also compliments any forced induction well.

I firmly believe on a CAI/tune (even O/R x pipe) car the boss intake hurts more than it helps.

I don't mean to bash the boss intake every chance I get, and I think I may have commented in your other thread (I usually open my mouth everytime someone starts talking about a boss intake) but I just want to point out that for the majority of people (CAI/tune, maybe x pipe) a boss intake isn't (IMO) worth the money. I just hope that anybody who installs a boss intake has a true back to back comparison of performance, not SOTP. Either dyno your car back to back, or run it at the track back to back, or race someone with a close car back to back and make sure you realize what its doing to your car.
Don't know if u read in this thread but I am going full bolt on an this is a time slip of my buddy that is full bolt on! And he bogged on this run do no doubt he could have ran a 11 flat!

Name:  image-1960427729.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  17.3 KB

Name:  image-3966011653.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  18.1 KB
Old 11/7/11, 11:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2012GTCS
Nice numbers man
Thanks buddy!
Old 11/7/11, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I saw that time slip before, what all were his mods? Because after running what I ran I don't see that as impressive...

My point still stands, do a back to back comparison of your car with and without the boss intake (1/4 mile, race a friend, or dyno) and I don't think you will be impressed.

Bama picked up like 3 hundredths or something silly switching the intake. I think their car had a few bolt ons too.
Old 11/7/11, 01:00 PM
GT Member

I have to agree with that. Look in the new issue of either mmff or 5.0 magazine(can't remember which). Says beefcake put on the boss intake with his vortech and actually ran slower so swapped the stocker back on.
Old 11/7/11, 04:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by black5.0
I have to agree with that. Look in the new issue of either mmff or 5.0 magazine(can't remember which). Says beefcake put on the boss intake with his vortech and actually ran slower so swapped the stocker back on.
Well I'm going to keep mine on! I think the boss is worth the money.
Old 11/7/11, 05:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Bmeline916

Well I'm going to keep mine on! I think the boss is worth the money.
I put down over 20 more whp than most stangs with just cai and tune may have a lil torq lose but it will come back up with the LT's and o/r x pipe and CDT. And running back to back with someone don't mean crap if he is a better driver than you or the other way around. On a even field a person with more power to the ground has a potential to run better times! Now granted suspension mods, weight reduction mods, tires, track prep, and temp. Play roles in this also. But like I said on a even field more power to the ground = better times on the track and that is a fact!
Old 11/7/11, 05:56 PM
GT Member

I put down over 20 more whp than most stangs with just cai and tune may have a lil torq lose but it will come back up with the LT's and o/r x pipe and CDT. And running back to back with someone don't mean crap if he is a better driver than you or the other way around. On a even field a person with more power to the ground has a potential to run better times! Now granted suspension mods, weight reduction mods, tires, track prep, and temp. Play roles in this also. But like I said on a even field more power to the ground = better times on the track and that is a fact!
Well said, that's why mine is in the shop right now gettin a stage 2 procharger on it. As for the boss mani, wasn't trying to offend you(seems you took it that way). I just didn't think it was worth giving up mid-range torque and some mid-range hp just to gain it back up top. I know if u keep pulling the hp will keep going but I certainly wouldn't take my redline past 7500. I think they look beautiful and was on the fence about gettin one but what finally made up my mind was when evolution perf( where I bought blower) told me "not to bother getting one" that"it wasn't worth it".
Old 11/7/11, 09:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Well said, that's why mine is in the shop right now gettin a stage 2 procharger on it. As for the boss mani, wasn't trying to offend you(seems you took it that way). I just didn't think it was worth giving up mid-range torque and some mid-range hp just to gain it back up top. I know if u keep pulling the hp will keep going but I certainly wouldn't take my redline past 7500. I think they look beautiful and was on the fence about gettin one but what finally made up my mind was when evolution perf( where I bought blower) told me "not to bother getting one" that"it wasn't worth it".
No offense taken just stating facts the Boss mani is worth the money just for the fact that the stock mani faceplants at about 6400 to 6600 where as the boss keeps pulling all the way to 7800! Now I don't plan on spinning her that high but I normally shift at 7200 to 7400 at the most. And the Boss mani makes peak HP at a out 7000 to 7200, and won't fall off it keeps making power! Shifting at higher rpm's keeps u in the power band. When u race u stay at high rpm's , when u drag at the track u stay at higher rpm's ! And that's where the boss makes the difference! U can feel it pulls harder from about 4500 and up! I will say if u are not a race or drag guy and u just putt and play DD than Boss mani is not the mod for u. I am staying N/A so I want every advantage I can get
Old 11/7/11, 09:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Of course they told u that they wanted u to get the procharger
Old 11/7/11, 09:17 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Free up some of that exhaust system and the gains should be even better. Intake will only let in as much as the exhaust will let out.
Old 11/7/11, 09:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Free up some of that exhaust system and the gains should be even better. Intake will only let in as much as the exhaust will let out.
I agree 100% and have my headers and o/r x pipe install scheduled for the 26th! Can't wait for the results! Also when I get home will be doing some data logging so steeda can beef up my tune, at least till I can get dyno tuned at Cody's shop.
Old 11/7/11, 09:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Name:  image-2779449877.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  20.9 KB

Name:  image-1156601039.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  21.2 KB
Old 11/7/11, 09:23 PM

I agree 100% and have my headers and o/r x pipe install scheduled for the 26th! Can't wait for the results! Also when I get home will be doing some data logging so steeda can beef up my tune, at least till I can get dyno tuned at Cody's shop.
Yeah. And watch out for those guys at TPS. I've heard stories.
Old 11/7/11, 09:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Yeah. And watch out for those guys at TPS. I've heard stories.
TPS??
Old 11/7/11, 09:27 PM

TPS??
The guys from your first post dyno sheet.
Old 11/7/11, 09:30 PM
Bullitt Member

The guys from your first post dyno sheet.
Oh! Thunder racing yeah I use them for their dyno cuz its a mustang dyno definitely not getting any work done their! Why what storys have u heard???

Quick Reply: Dyno numbers are here!!