Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

CNL Cold Air Intake - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V

Search this Thread

Old 6/6/10, 01:01 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangfan123
Wow, that's impressive. These 5.0's are awesome engines. I honestly thought at first that simple bolt on's would not yield much power.
Don't believe everything the salesperson is telling you. I'll wait for proven dyno results from unbiased sources.
Old 6/6/10, 01:16 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Also, the charts tell more of the story than just the peak gain....
Old 6/6/10, 02:28 PM
FR500 Member

And I for one would like to see tune results without the intake, to see how much the intake actually contributes.
Old 6/6/10, 02:35 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Adam2004
Don't believe everything the salesperson is telling you. I'll wait for proven dyno results from unbiased sources.

Oh I know, especially since MMR already was proven to be advertising BS power numbers. Not saying Evolution is but I'll make sure to keep an eye open.

Last edited by mustangfan123; 6/6/10 at 02:37 PM.
Old 6/6/10, 03:03 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Speaking of which, what have you done with the auto tranny car? Have you run it yet and what E.T.'s???
The Auto Trans car hasn't been to the track yet, it's being street driven for all the tranny changes initially, then it will go to the track!

There is alot going on with the auto trans, we have a lot of time invested in the Engine and Transmission calibration. This isn't something we just started working on........

When we release our calibrations for both the Manual and Automatic 2011 Mustang GT and Mustang V6 you can be sure they will be the most powerful and reliable tunes available.

The best Ford Tuner in the world, Jon Lund is doing all the calibrations so you can be sure they will be the very best!

Last edited by Evolution Performance; 6/6/10 at 03:17 PM.
Old 6/6/10, 06:33 PM
Bullitt Member

LMAO then everyone will just say the "fixed" the numbers by doing something else! Then while everyone is blabbing about that Joe blow over there will have one and be
Old 6/8/10, 12:11 AM
V6 Member

I definately understand the point of view you are coming from and it is good to be cautious when it comes to hp claims. However, I don't quite get the slight hostility towards Evo performance in this particular thread (not only you). While I'll know they have been scarce on details while still trying to sell the product in the past, I don't see them doing that here.

Believe it or not some people will buy the product without actually seeing the results because they trust Evo or like the look of the intake. So I don't really see a problem taking pre-orders before the dyno graph goes up. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt or at least not assume they are lying before results are posted.

Sorry if it seems like I'm picking on you, that was not my intention. You were just the most vocal, no hard feelings.
Old 6/9/10, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by mustangfan123
Oh I know, especially since MMR already was proven to be advertising BS power numbers. Not saying Evolution is but I'll make sure to keep an eye open.
You do realize that WMS found that the computer was partially closing the throttle during the dyno pulls with the MMR CAI, he also did not reset the computer prior to testing like MMR recommended.

Basically it was an incomplete test and no everyone is bashing MMR.

With that being said I would put money on the C&L being a better overall CAI and that is mainly due to overall design.
Old 6/10/10, 05:44 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by yefferys50
You do realize that WMS found that the computer was partially closing the throttle during the dyno pulls with the MMR CAI, he also did not reset the computer prior to testing like MMR recommended.

With that being said I would put money on the C&L being a better overall CAI and that is mainly due to overall design.
Yeffery, you should correct your comment. If you read in the other thread, MMR is working with him to get any problems corrected. You are inaccurately claiming that he "did not reset the computer prior to testing like MMR recommended". That was not the case. The instructions provided with the CAI did not tell him to reset the computer as you state.
He did what most of us would do. Bought it, installed it and ran it. Props to MMR for working with him on this.
Old 6/10/10, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Qrazy
Yeffery, you should correct your comment. If you read in the other thread, MMR is working with him to get any problems corrected. You are inaccurately claiming that he "did not reset the computer prior to testing like MMR recommended". That was not the case. The instructions provided with the CAI did not tell him to reset the computer as you state.
He did what most of us would do. Bought it, installed it and ran it. Props to MMR for working with him on this.
My comment stands and will stand based on what I've seen from WMS on this forum and other forums.
Old 6/10/10, 06:50 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Qrazy
Thats exactly how it transpired and exactly how I did the testing. If I were to have been told beforehand or even read in the advertisement or online that you needed to reset the computer I would have done so but this CAI was advertised as basically a plug and play CAI with no tuning needed. Thanks.

My comment stands and will stand based on what I've seen from WMS on this forum and other forums.
Not sure what you have seen here or on other forums but wanted to let you know, just in case your confusing me with another company, that we are Woodbine Motorsports not the other WMS, Western Motorsports.

Also here is a quick scenario, tell me what you would do.....

You buy a 150k Lambo and your just a regular guy who likes fast cars. You read an ad that shows you a cool looking CAI for your new lambo that requires nothing more from you then just installation, you purchase it and take the car to the dyno for a before and after test. Now since your a regular guy and arent going to, have the ability to, nor have you been told to datalog the car, reset the PCM or anything else you strap her down, do a baseline pull then install the CAI that promised you no tuning needed, no adjustments needed and did not come with anything other then installation instruction. Now its installed and the car is dyno'd again and it loses power.... what would your first post about the results be?

I look at it like this. I spent over $400 bucks to get this new product to test it "as advertised" just like any regular guy would do. I found a problem not only with the CAI itself (extra fitting not needed) but with how the computer reacts to having one installed. Now the manufacturer has stepped up to the plate and is changing their directions to reflect what needs to be done. I have yet to see anyone, and I repeat anyone else post up about them installing this CAI so that leads me to believe I was the first and now just saved alot of people, including MMR themselves alot of headaches from what I found while spending my own money. MMR did not give me one nor did I get a discount. I actually waited 3 weeks for it to show up and paid almost $30 for ground shipping from CA.

It will be dyno'd again this week and I will post up the results. I also like the way the car sounds and pulls now that its installed with the throttle issue fixed. I am also tuning the car with the CAI and will post back with a CAI/Tune combo dyno result.

Also wanted to add an apology to EVO, sorry for the OT in your thread.

Thanks,

JJ

Last edited by JJ@WMS; 6/10/10 at 07:14 AM.
Old 6/10/10, 06:54 AM
GT Member

Qrazy, you are correct. This person (yefferys50) would appear to have an axe to grind with them, or perhaps is buddy's with a competitor. Either way, the discussion that ensued in that other thread was great, and yefferys50's comments were correctly and sufficiently debunked. It should be noted that virtually all of the posts he has made in here since joining (yesterday) have been something negative, the majority against JJ@WMS.
Old 6/10/10, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

^
+1

it's fairly obvious this poster yefferys50 is trying to shed negative attention on JJ@WMS
whatever the motive, i think most of us can see through his/her charade

JJ, just keep doing what you're doing because when the trees part and we get to the end the truth talks and the walks
Old 6/10/10, 07:36 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JJ@WMS
Thats exactly how it transpired and exactly how I did the testing. If I were to have been told beforehand or even read in the advertisement or online that you needed to reset the computer I would have done so but this CAI was advertised as basically a plug and play CAI with no tuning needed. Thanks.

Not sure what you have seen here or on other forums but wanted to let you know, just in case your confusing me with another company, that we are Woodbine Motorsports not the other WMS, Western Motorsports.

You buy a 150k Lambo and your just a regular guy who likes fast cars. You read an ad that shows you a cool looking CAI for your new lambo that requires nothing more from you then just installation, you purchase it and take the car to the dyno for a before and after test. Now since your a regular guy and arent going to, have the ability to, nor have you been told to datalog the car, reset the PCM or anything else you strap her down, do a baseline pull then install the CAI that promised you no tuning needed, no adjustments needed and did not come with anything other then installation instruction. Now its installed and the car is dyno'd again and it loses power.... what would your first post about the results be?

I look at it like this. I spent over $400 bucks to get this new product to test it "as advertised" just like any regular guy would do. I found a problem not only with the CAI itself (extra fitting not needed) but with how the computer reacts to having one installed. Now the manufacturer has stepped up to the plate and is changing their directions to reflect what needs to be done. I have yet to see anyone, and I repeat anyone else post up about them installing this CAI so that leads me to believe I was the first and now just saved alot of people, including MMR themselves alot of headaches from what I found while spending my own money. MMR did not give me one nor did I get a discount. I actually waited 3 weeks for it to show up and paid almost $30 for ground shipping from CA.

It will be dyno'd again this week and I will post up the results. I also like the way the car sounds and pulls now that its installed with the throttle issue fixed. I am also tuning the car with the CAI and will post back with a CAI/Tune combo dyno result.

Thanks,

JJ
This is why I trust JJ- if there is an issue he will try to figure it out, he will also give props when props are due etc...The product was not as advertised plain and simple. I for one will buy a working product as long as it performs as promised.I do not expect anything less for the money I spend.
Old 6/10/10, 08:34 AM
Cobra Member

Thanks,

JJ
Ignore the haters and keep up your great work!!
Old 6/10/10, 09:43 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TROLL, go find some place to play. you are not wanted here.
Old 6/10/10, 01:53 PM
Cobra Member

Yes I do, but I had not prior to JJ's testing. MMR didn't post this stuff until after he tested their CAI....
Old 6/10/10, 02:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

We're behing you JJ, keep up the good work.
Old 6/11/10, 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by BLKCLOUD
Qrazy, you are correct. This person (yefferys50) would appear to have an axe to grind with them, or perhaps is buddy's with a competitor. Either way, the discussion that ensued in that other thread was great, and yefferys50's comments were correctly and sufficiently debunked. It should be noted that virtually all of the posts he has made in here since joining (yesterday) have been something negative, the majority against JJ@WMS.
I have no axe to grind nor do I work or am friends with any competitor. I gave my opinion about an incomplete test based on JJ's numerous posts on numerous forums. Any logical car guy should comment when a test is not complete and JJ's initial test was far from complete. He admitted there were issues with the throttle closing so that clearly makes it an incomplete test. I never disparaged JJ in any way shape or form, I simply commented on how incomplete his initial test was.

You guys are way too sensitive.

Originally Posted by m4reapr
^
+1

it's fairly obvious this poster yefferys50 is trying to shed negative attention on JJ@WMS
whatever the motive, i think most of us can see through his/her charade

JJ, just keep doing what you're doing because when the trees part and we get to the end the truth talks and the walks
Like I said again, I never disparaged JJ at all, I simply commented on an incomplete initial test. Again, any logical car guy should question testers when their initial tests are incomplete.

Again, you guys are way too sensitive.

Thanks,

JJ
I understand what you're saying but when it comes to showing results from aftermarket parts it's best to ensure that all controllable variables are resolved prior to posting results. You, and many other vendors, have a huge impact on the aftermarket and initially posting incomplete results sways business negatively or positively. Everyone jumped on your initial results and started to disparage the MMR piece prior to getting full results, remember people always remember the negative no matter how much more positive is done after the fact.

Originally Posted by assasinator
TROLL, go find some place to play. you are not wanted here.
Obviously you have no idea what a troll is. Stop being so overly sensitive, I questioned an inconclusive test. I did not disparage anyone for the last time.
Old 6/11/10, 09:56 AM

Also, like JJ already said, my apologies to Evolution for hi-jacking your thread.

Quick Reply: CNL Cold Air Intake - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0L 4V