Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

CDC-type Grille while retaining 13/14 GT Fogs

Search this Thread

Old 12/9/15, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CDC-type Grille while retaining 13/14 GT Fogs

Anyone managed to accomplish this?

I'd like a meaner-looking grille, but I don't want to lose or relocate the led fogs in the grille.

Anyone know of, or has fabricated a CDC-type grille with the factory fogs in place? I have trawled the interwebs to no avail...
Old 12/10/15, 01:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Unless you add a mesh, you won't like it. The light will look like sh*t without the surround that's built into the stock grille.
Old 12/10/15, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Make a bracket that mounts to the frame & positions the lights deep in the grill. I've seen people that have mounted them behind grills. Just find out what they did to mount them.
Old 12/10/15, 08:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by UOP Shadow
Make a bracket that mounts to the frame & positions the lights deep in the grill. I've seen people that have mounted them behind grills. Just find out what they did to mount them.
This.
I thought about mounting halos this way but never got around to it. Wouldn't be too hard and I'm holding off since inn looking for another stang.
Old 12/10/15, 08:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
There's a guy on eBay that sells the relocation brackets to hide the fogs behind a billet grille. You could most likely use those, but again you'd want to hide them behind a mesh. They'd be out in the open and the lights themselves are unfinished - I thought about doing something similar when I had a CDC grille, but scrapped the project. The only way I could see it looking good with the CDC grille is if you use some other round lights that a) fit the opening better and b) are meant to be exposed. The factory lights are not meant to be exposed - you see the LED heat sinks and there's no finisher trim around them, so they'd throw light all over the place.
Old 12/11/15, 04:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
There's a guy on eBay that sells the relocation brackets to hide the fogs behind a billet grille. You could most likely use those, but again you'd want to hide them behind a mesh. They'd be out in the open and the lights themselves are unfinished - I thought about doing something similar when I had a CDC grille, but scrapped the project. The only way I could see it looking good with the CDC grille is if you use some other round lights that a) fit the opening better and b) are meant to be exposed. The factory lights are not meant to be exposed - you see the LED heat sinks and there's no finisher trim around them, so they'd throw light all over the place.
The factory lights are huge and my plan was to just use round bar to outline the halo then place a piece of bar coming off the top and bottom to mount it.
Only issue would be how durable the halos would be since they wouldn't be inside a housing.
Old 3/14/16, 08:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I put the AM billet grill on my 2014 GT and kept the fogs, I think it looks great. Also have had others compliment the look.
Old 3/14/16, 11:03 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have a black billet grill and didn't move the fogs. They are still mounted behind the grill.

This isn't my car, but the grill and fog lights look the same: