5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Calafornia special front valance

Search this Thread

Old 1/11/11, 05:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Calafornia special front valance

I live in Canada and I can't seem to find any dealer hear that can get me the cs front valance kit with fog lights (the name might be spelled wrong) anyway does anybody know where I can get this kit and have it shipped to Canada....at a good price????
Old 1/12/11, 02:10 PM
Banned

Anybody??? :-)
Old 1/12/11, 05:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

it takes a little bit of trust, but can you pay a forum member in the states to purchase the item and ship it to Canada?
Old 1/12/11, 06:04 PM
Cobra R Member

Search the forums- there's a lot of information and threads.
Buy it online- http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...nt-Valance-Kit
Old 1/12/11, 06:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Did you use the part number or were they searching for it
BR3Z 15200 AA is the kit with the fogs, my dealer thought I was ordering a real expensive set of Fog lights.
Old 1/12/11, 09:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Did you use the part number or were they searching for it
BR3Z 15200 AA is the kit with the fogs, my dealer thought I was ordering a real expensive set of Fog lights.
My local dealers are not to bright!! So it looks like I will have to order the kit from a company in the USA hopefully the shipping isn't to much!
Old 1/13/11, 05:44 AM
Bullitt Member

If you live near the border, you can get it shipped to a UPS store. They charge $5 and the shipping is often a lot less. You wil pay sales tax at the border but I am preety sure you won't have to pay any duty.
Old 1/13/11, 09:29 AM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just have your local dealer order it so you don't get nailed for shipping. If you give them a part #, that's pretty hard to mess up.
Old 1/13/11, 11:00 AM
Legacy TMS Member

As others have said, I would take that part # to your local Ford Dealer, it would probably be cheaper than shipping and Duty charges.
Old 1/13/11, 07:44 PM
3rd Times A Charm

I was going to answer your thread, but your signature says you have it on order....

Where's the confused smilie when you need it.

Ford Dealer

/thread
Old 1/13/11, 09:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by S197 GT
I was going to answer your thread, but your signature says you have it on order....

Where's the confused smilie when you need it.

Ford Dealer

/thread
My dealer told me he could get it for sure....then like a week later he phones me and tells me the only way he could get it for me is if I had a California special...then he could use my vin and order as a replacement....otherwise he can't get it...:-( thx for pointing pointing out the obvious though...**** instigators stay off my posts lol
Old 1/13/11, 11:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Daddyd666
My dealer told me he could get it for sure....then like a week later he phones me and tells me the only way he could get it for me is if I had a California special...then he could use my vin and order as a replacement....otherwise he can't get it...:-( thx for pointing pointing out the obvious though...**** instigators stay off my posts lol
Goto Ford.ca then and do an inventory search for a GT/CS and get a VIN from there.

But in all seriousness if you're anywhere near the border drop ship one to the closest US UPS depot and pick it up. I'm in Hamilton I pick stuff up all the time at the depot in Niagara Falls NY. If you ship it right to the depot they'll call you when it gets there and there's no service charge. If you live in the GTA/Golden Horseshoe PM me I'll send you the details.
Old 1/14/11, 04:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

That is Friggen stupid, it is on the Build and price page from Ford.ca for $394.
I think you need to talk to a different Ford dealer.
Old 1/14/11, 09:26 AM
3rd Times A Charm

Not instigating, just pointing out why I didn't respond originally and that I was confused as to why you were bumping the thread with your sig saying what it does.

Also, this should not have been posted in the 5.0 performance section. This would be an exterior mod.

Either way, not many are going to be able to help you, as you live in Canada. Not sure how close you are to the border... Best option would be to get it at a dealer. Yours is feeding you a line of BS.

Keep looking aye!
Old 1/16/11, 04:49 PM
JAJ
V6 Member

I hear you about the challenges in getting this. Your choices are:

1. Show the dealer parts guy the Ford.ca accessories website and how the GT/CS fascia is available for $394 installed. I did this myself yesterday at a dealer in Vancouver. Didn't order it though - I was just price-checking.

2. Order the kit online from Latemodel Restoration. They have the full kit for $380 or so USD, AND they have a fully integrated "Ship-to-Canada" system that delivers it tax and duty pre-paid to your door in Canada by UPS.

3. Order the part from an online parts site in the USA and have it delivered to a post box in a nearby border town. Not a lot cheaper than #2, and more trouble and time.

I'd go with 2 if it were me. The whole "you need a VIN" issue from your dealer parts guy is that he's trying to buy from the "replacement part" catalog. You want the same part out of the "dealer installed accessories" catalog. If you really want the dealer to do it, talk to someone in Sales, not Parts.

Old 1/16/11, 10:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JAJ
I hear you about the challenges in getting this. Your choices are:

1. Show the dealer parts guy the Ford.ca accessories website and how the GT/CS fascia is available for $394 installed. I did this myself yesterday at a dealer in Vancouver. Didn't order it though - I was just price-checking.

2. Order the kit online from Latemodel Restoration. They have the full kit for $380 or so USD, AND they have a fully integrated "Ship-to-Canada" system that delivers it tax and duty pre-paid to your door in Canada by UPS.

3. Order the part from an online parts site in the USA and have it delivered to a post box in a nearby border town. Not a lot cheaper than #2, and more trouble and time.

I'd go with 2 if it were me. The whole "you need a VIN" issue from your dealer parts guy is that he's trying to buy from the "replacement part" catalog. You want the same part out of the "dealer installed accessories" catalog. If you really want the dealer to do it, talk to someone in Sales, not Parts.
I'd order from late model restoration but the kit it $400 plus $150 flat rate for shipping to Canada them $250 for installation...now it's a $800 kit and wow that's hardly a deal!! :-(
Old 1/17/11, 10:47 AM
V6 Member

When ordering Shelby parts, the parts people use a Shelby VIN off the showroom floor. I would think the same could be done for CS parts as the car is sold in Canada. Take a look at some other options also. You might like the CDC front spoiler instead and it's cheaper to boot.

Cheers.
Old 1/17/11, 01:19 PM
Banned

I found it for $280 USD with the fogs, going to drive an hour from the border to go pick it up.
Old 1/17/11, 09:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
I found it for $280 USD with the fogs, going to drive an hour from the border to go pick it up.
Found it where??
Old 1/18/11, 09:44 AM
Banned

Ann Arbor Mi

Quick Reply: Calafornia special front valance