Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

BEST auto tuner?!?

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/12, 05:17 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GrabberBlue5.0
You heard wrong. Bama would be my last choice.
why i have heard many good things. Im in the same situation as the OP. i need to find i tune for my auto 2013.
Old 6/18/12, 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showt...light=bama+tsb
Old 6/19/12, 12:06 AM
GT Member

I dont trash anyone or any vendors on any site, but i agree with grabberblue5.0 .. Bama would be my last choice. Yes you have heard good things im sure but they have had the most #8 failures lol in the beginning.
Old 6/19/12, 02:44 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did either of you even read the links you posted!? You give a link that has one idiot nerd raging and giving a link that says a BAMA tune had an issue and AM supported them the entire time!
Steeda and BAMA are both excellent tunes that you can trust.
If I had the crap stock tires and I didn't get spin on the 1-2 I would be pissed!
Old 6/19/12, 04:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Planeswalker
Did either of you even read the links you posted!?
Umm, I posted in the link.
Old 6/19/12, 07:30 AM
GT Member

Did either of you even read the links you posted!? You give a link that has one idiot nerd raging and giving a link that says a BAMA tune had an issue and AM supported them the entire time!
Steeda and BAMA are both excellent tunes that you can trust.
If I had the crap stock tires and I didn't get spin on the 1-2 I would be pissed!
I bet you dont even know what causes the #8 failure. Like I already said I am not trashing any tuners, but I spoke first hand with a tuner who KNOWS what causes the #8 issues and has seen it in both bama tunes and the factory tune. I read a lot on this as well as other forums and have read about plenty of tuning issues and what causes what. Whether bama sticks behind their customer or not, which I know for a fact they stand behind you 100%, its not a chance I want to take
Old 6/19/12, 09:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I bet you dont even know what causes the #8 failure. Like I already said I am not trashing any tuners, but I spoke first hand with a tuner who KNOWS what causes the #8 issues and has seen it in both bama tunes and the factory tune. I read a lot on this as well as other forums and have read about plenty of tuning issues and what causes what. Whether bama sticks behind their customer or not, which I know for a fact they stand behind you 100%, its not a chance I want to take
Who is the tuner?
What is the cause? Be very specific here because I do know causes.
What percentage of BAMA tunes failed? Can you name 1 other one?
Don't come on here running your mouth and not back it up!
EVERYBODY who trash talks on here spoke to the best tuner in the world and they decided to give them and only them insider information. It's been going on for well over a year, you are late on your trolling attempts.
Old 6/19/12, 10:01 AM
Cobra Member

Umm, I posted in the link.
And? Did you read it? One thread of haters doesn't make a company with hundreds of good posts bad. Do some research first.

Also the thread links to a thread that says BAMA stood behind them on the only time they have had an issue. What is your point? Or like I said did you even read it?
Old 6/19/12, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

And? Did you read it? One thread of haters doesn't make a company with hundreds of good posts bad. Do some research first.

Also the thread links to a thread that says BAMA stood behind them on the only time they have had an issue. What is your point? Or like I said did you even read it?
I read it all. And I was a part of it. I did my research, hence why I went with VMP. ZERO issues from them for anybody. BAMA? Plenty of known issues.
Old 6/19/12, 11:24 AM
Cobra Member

I read it all. And I was a part of it. I did my research, hence why I went with VMP. ZERO issues from them for anybody. BAMA? Plenty of known issues.
Where are these known issues? You gave one link that actually proved they are good

BAMA is huge and naturally draws attention, it is inevitable that people will talk about them. And since this is the internet where everybody is an expert and tells the truth, their opinion matters.

Provide me details, I will gladly take the time to call them up and expose them for the Mustang killers that they are!

Last edited by Planeswalker; 6/19/12 at 11:30 AM.
Old 6/19/12, 12:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why do these threads always head in this direction? There are many reputable tuners out there. Everyone's opinion of the best will be different. Make your best educated guess and move on. It's really not that big a deal.
Old 6/19/12, 04:33 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Originally Posted by going for broke
Why do these threads always head in this direction? There are many reputable tuners out there. Everyone's opinion of the best will be different. Make your best educated guess and move on. It's really not that big a deal.
Ditto....
Old 6/19/12, 10:47 PM
GT Member

I am not trash talking like I originally stated, and I am not trolling. I had a bama tune on my 2010 before I had the blower on it and I never had any problems with it.

I am not going into this any further. The point of this thread was to get opinions on tunes for the auto 5.0s not to argue on why I dont wanna go with bama.

AND if you loveeee bama so much, why did you switch to steeda?

Last edited by grabber blue gt; 6/19/12 at 10:50 PM.
Old 6/19/12, 11:59 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by grabber blue gt
I am not trash talking like I originally stated, and I am not trolling. I had a bama tune on my 2010 before I had the blower on it and I never had any problems with it.

I am not going into this any further. The point of this thread was to get opinions on tunes for the auto 5.0s not to argue on why I dont wanna go with bama.

AND if you loveeee bama so much, why did you switch to steeda?
Im just defending a good company and will not say anything else about it in this thread. It's one thing to say your favored company is the "best", but don't accuse a company of faulty tunes without proof. I would have defended any company that is not here to defend themselves.

I still have several BAMA tunes, different tunes for different applications

Also, this is for auto tunes, I haven't driven any type of auto in at lest eight years! So for all I know their auto tunes suck, I just wanted a reason/proof.

Last edited by Planeswalker; 6/20/12 at 12:02 AM.
Old 6/20/12, 08:05 PM
GT Member

Doug, the original owner of bama.
Old 6/21/12, 10:27 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We certainly have a great tune for the automatics. Those are all well-respected tuners that you are comparing us with. I can't speak on any of their tunes, but you can read quite a few reviews on our's here: http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ml#post3051491

Let me know if I can help you get a tune or if I can answer any questions.
Old 6/21/12, 02:53 PM
Mach 1 Member

Im just defending a good company and will not say anything else about it in this thread. It's one thing to say your favored company is the "best", but don't accuse a company of faulty tunes without proof. I would have defended any company that is not here to defend themselves.

I still have several BAMA tunes, different tunes for different applications

Also, this is for auto tunes, I haven't driven any type of auto in at lest eight years! So for all I know their auto tunes suck, I just wanted a reason/proof.
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...bama-tune.html
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forum...ot-issues.html
http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums...ne-issues.html
I can keep going if you want.........
Old 6/22/12, 12:41 AM
GT Member

I was to lazy to argue over the topic and search lol. Arguing over the internet is pointless. I know what I read about each tuner and know the problems I have read, but choose to keep my opinions to my self
Old 6/27/12, 06:04 PM
GT Member

I emailed all the tuners I mentioned (VMP, Steeda, Bama, AED, and Amazon) and here is where I am at so far.

Steeda -- Received their email back first and Matt Levine hooked me up!!! He answered all my questions and for $65 I figured why wouldnt I try Steeda since they have yet to have any issues, work very closely with ford, and everyone has great things to say. I spoke to Matt on the phone earlier and placed the order for my tune, he said it would take 48 hours but Steeda hooked up me and I already have my tune not even 4 hours later!!! The only downfall is my intake isnt here yet lol (bought JLT used). Once I get my intake I will load steedas tune and let you guys know what I think. Hopefully it will be good enough, if I feel it needs a little more I will be going to Shaun @ AED.

Bama -- Was very against going with Bama but since they have a #8 warranty I figured I would give them an email and see how they responded. They answered all my questions, and long story short I "MAY" and I mean very slight possibility, I will try them in the future.

Amazon - My emails never went through, and havent heard about too many tunes from them lately, so crossed them off my list.

VMP has still yet to email me back and I sent 2 emails and havent gotten anything back so I crossed them off my list for now.

AED -- Shaun is very helpful and is definitely going to tune my car, but for only $65 I figured I would give Steeda a shot to see if I like their tune and may not need to change.