Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

ARH or Kooks LT?

Search this Thread

Old 1/1/16, 04:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
ARH or Kooks LT?

Looks like there is a set of 1 3/4 long tube headers and catted H pipe in my car's future. Just haven't made my mind between the two brands. My car currently has Corsa extreme muffler and MRT H pipe. I also have Roush springs. Are any of these two headers going to be problematic with lowered cars? I read that ARH headers are positioned wider to accommodate transmission and starter repairs if needed. These are emission friendly as long as I am using cats, right?
Old 1/1/16, 06:39 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Idk the laws in Maryland, but I seem to think they're pretty strict there, no? We have a couple guys that are running Kooks with the Extremes, catless, and let me tell you - they're EXTREMELY loud. Ridiculously loud. Another guy has Stainless Powers, high flow cats, and Corsa Sports. His is EXtremely loud, but much more manageable.

I'm going to have the Stainless Powers on mine too, soon. I really wanted to go ARH or Kooks, but I couldn't afford them. Well, I could, but couldn't justify them, even if those two do make the most horsepower. AED swears by the Kooks on our cars, so while Ford puts the ARH on the Cobra Jet, for a street car with less than 500whp, the Kooks mid lengths 1 3/4 are the way to go.
Old 1/2/16, 08:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 684 Likes on 347 Posts
Put Kooks 1 3/4" with their catted X pipe on my 11, tuner had to turn the 02's off because it threw codes.
It was due for inspection, ( N.J. ) in July 14.
Had Kooks " green " catted X pipe installed in June 14, & had no issues passing inspection....... ( 02's turned back on & no codes )
Have Kooks 1 7/8" with the " green " catted X on my 14, 02's were never turned off.
I run stock mufflers on both cars as I don't need / want the excessive noise.
Neither car is lowered..
Old 1/5/16, 12:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just recently had someone installed Kooks 1 7/8 LT and offroad x-pipe and i love them. My car is not lowered yet but they dont look lower than the stock setup.