Notices
5.0L GT Modifications Placeholder for future motor based GT's modifications.

Aed or bama v2

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/15, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aed or bama v2

Now I am fully aware that there are an infinite amount of posts about tunes with bama and AED. But I haven't really seen any compared with the v2 bama tunes and the AED. I'm about to pull the trigger on one of the two but just don't know what to decide on, mostly because of the price for the bama tuner compared to AED. And I have seen many good things on these new v2 tunes. So AED or bama v2 tune? Thanks.
Old 12/4/15, 06:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
AED all the way.
Old 12/4/15, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by tom281
AED all the way.
With the AED, is the power gain more than the v2 bama? Or are they the same but AED is just a better tune overall
Old 12/4/15, 10:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Out of those 2 options I would say AED. Shaun is pretty good at what he does and even still, from what I have seen the V2 tunes still aren't all that good.
Old 12/5/15, 12:59 PM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
AED and don't look back.
But if your just looking for a better driving/response car with some HP gains and nothing crazy. Then I would say Steeda or AM for a canned tune.
I installed a Steeda 93 tune just because i removed the cats and run there CAI.
If I were to start changing TB / IM / cams or fuel or go all the way with FI. There would be no question in my mind and AED.
I've never heard a bad comment about AED.
Just remember....no 2 motors are alike and you get what you paid for.

Good luck with your purchase and PLEASE post your choice and feelings on the tune.

Last edited by boss man; 12/5/15 at 01:00 PM.
Old 12/5/15, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by boss man
AED and don't look back.
But if your just looking for a better driving/response car with some HP gains and nothing crazy. Then I would say Steeda or AM for a canned tune.
If I were to start changing TB / IM / cams or fuel or go all the way with FI. There would be no question in my mind and AED.

Good luck with your purchase and PLEASE post your choice and feelings on the tune.
For sure! Otherwise the roush axleback the car is bone stock. I am looking for the better driving/response with the car. But I still want the most power with the tune and the AED tune seems to be the choice for that. People say there is a difference with the bama and some say their isn't a difference with the power. But everyone who has an AED tune claims they feel a lot more power. And they say the car is way smoother with the AED tunes, smoother than stock. And my car is a DD so I need all the pluses with the driveability of the car.
Old 12/5/15, 08:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
If you need help or questions answered for a Steeda tune ... don't hesitate to email me at tim@steeda.com.

Our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful. This is one of our lead tuners for example:

James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.
You are in good hands with Steeda!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/5/15, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
If you need help or questions answered for a Steeda tune ... don't hesitate to email me at tim@steeda.com.

Our tunes are safe, reliable & powerful. This is one of our lead tuners for example:

You are in good hands with Steeda!

Best Regards,

TJ
Thanks Tim! Shot you an email not too long ago. Have a couple questions on there.
Old 12/5/15, 11:13 PM

AED and don't look back.

You said you had the Steeda tune right? After researching Steeda's tunes for a while, I am now considering them. If you did have the Steeda tune, how was it? Did you feel actual gains with the tune? Was the driveability nice? Any problems with the tune? Thanks.
Old 12/6/15, 06:19 AM
Cobra Member

Location: NJ. Waiting for our Gov. to be held accountable for his actions>>>Jersey Broke
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryanh24
You said you had the Steeda tune right? After researching Steeda's tunes for a while, I am now considering them. If you did have the Steeda tune, how was it? Did you feel actual gains with the tune? Was the driveability nice? Any problems with the tune? Thanks.
Yes I'm running a Steeda tune and there CAI.
I love my Steeda tune and have ZERO complaints. It meets my needs!

After I installed the tune I felt major gains.I'll explain why. I removed my cats and installed a Steeda CAI then installed the tune. Just removing the cats will get you 25hp alone. I told Steeda what I was doing and they sent me my tunner loaded for just that. I choose a 93 oct. tune. You can buy 93 very easy where I live.

My car drives like stock and would do it again.

Only problem with the tune... And you will have this problem with any tune is:
YOU WANT MORE....LOL
I have been able to let well enough alone sense my car is my toy and not a DD.

Let me say that any time I had concerns before I installed the tune and Called Steeda with worries they answered all questions and concerns to my likeing. For a street tune and great driveability Go with Steeda.

The only power mods I'm running is: Steeda CAI / no Cats / Roush exhaust and my Steeda Tune. I drive my car easy. But when you need the power, Thers more than enough for me. I plan on keeping my car till i'm lowered into the ground. Then it's someone elses toy to make it into what ever they want. They better just not wreck it or I'll haunt them.

If you plan on going crazy with HP and many different parts.. Go AED.

Good luck with your new tune. let us know which way you go and share your thoughts about your tune.

Just remember that all cars run different. Just the location of where you live and outside temps and air make a difference in the way a car will respond.
Old 12/6/15, 06:29 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Go AED and don't look back.
Old 12/6/15, 09:26 AM

After I installed the tune I felt major gains.I'll explain why. I removed my cats and installed a Steeda CAI then installed the tune. Just removing the cats will get you 25hp alone. I told Steeda what I was doing and they sent me my tunner loaded for just that. I choose a 93 oct. tune. You can buy 93 very easy where I live.

YOU WANT MORE....LOL

Let me say that any time I had concerns before I installed the tune and Called Steeda with worries they answered all questions and concerns to my likeing. For a street tune and great driveability Go with Steeda.

The only power mods I'm running is: Steeda CAI / no Cats / Roush exhaust and my Steeda Tune. I drive my car easy. But when you need the power, Thers more than enough for me. I plan on keeping my car till i'm lowered into the ground. Then it's someone elses toy to make it into what ever they want. They better just not wreck it or I'll haunt them.

Good luck with your new tune. let us know which way you go and share your thoughts about your tune.

Just remember that all cars run different. Just the location of where you live and outside temps and air make a difference in the way a car will respond.
Wow! Thanks for all this info! And as for AED and the mods, my car is completely stock with the roush axleback. And your car must be ear piercing without the cats with the roush exhaust! But yeah, I'm in no way heavily modifying my car. Not even going to take the cars off for a long time, maybe never. But steeda seems like it meets my needs perfectly. I'm going to think about this and let you guys know what I'll go with
Old 12/6/15, 11:45 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
I have no experience with the other tunes. AED dyno tune on mine, and with just cat back and HF cats I was at 402/391 on 91 octane.
Old 12/6/15, 06:27 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

YOU WANT MORE....LOL

We appreciate the feedback & support ... it is truly appreciated.

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 12/8/15, 06:18 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Will you need to pass emissions? Do you plan on adding any mods down the road like headers? Ask the tuner no matter which one if they keep all o2 sensors active. Some tunes turn off the rear o2 sensors.
Old 3/14/16, 08:37 AM
V6 Member

Personally I believe its a horse a piece. Both are excellent.
Old 3/14/16, 04:28 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Bryan,

Little update ... who did you end up going with & how is your tune?

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 3/14/16, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by tj@steeda
Bryan,

Little update ... who did you end up going with & how is your tune?

Best Regards,

TJ
I went with the Steeda intake and tune! I am in love with both! The CAI is a very well built piece and the tune is amazing. Seemed like a different car when I installed it. Ive had it for maybe 1-2 months now and I love it. Very nice tune and CAI from you guys! Thank you!