Notices
4.6L GT Modifications Place to discuss the 4.6L 2010 motor based modifcations.

Difference bewteen MRT Interceptors and Roush?

Search this Thread

Old 2/8/12, 01:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Difference bewteen MRT Interceptors and Roush?

Back in 2010 when I got my 2010 GT I put on the Roush axle back exhaust system and the drone at 2000 rpm drove me crazy and I removed them and put on a pair of Magnaflows which have been very good. (I had psoted YouTube videos showing the differnece between the Roush and Magnaflows from inside the car.) I was happy with the Roush's outside noise level but the drone was too much.

Now recently I have heard about the MRT Interceptors which suppose to get rid of the dreaded drone at 2000 rpm. I was wondering if anyone has any data regarding the loudnest of the MRTs vs the Roush? If it is not too loud I would love to put on the MRT Interceptors and sell the Maganflows. Any input?

JC
Old 2/21/12, 09:12 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could go with the Roush high performance exhaust...which was called the Roush Extreme exhaust. I too had the dreaded drone zone with the Roush off road mufflers and replaced them with the Extreme exhaust system from Roush....which takes out the muffler completely and replaces them with inline resonaters. Slightly louder, but deeper and crisper on the outside....0, zip, nada drone on the inside. You couldn't pay me to back to the off road mufflers now!

http://www.roushperformance.com/part...Road-2010.html
Old 5/17/12, 04:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I believe he already had the Roush Extreme Catback and said it droned which is why he went to Magnaflows.

I have a Bassani catted X pipe and have Pypes M80 mufflers welded into my factory over axle pipes before the rear axle. I then have Pypes Pype Bomb's running out back. I have minimal drone and it sounds badass. Better than any setup I've ever had. Mid mufflers give it the old 2V sound but kills the drone with having no mufflers or mufflers behind the rear axle.. Very deep, clean, and only loud when you get on it. I have run a ton of setup's and this is definitely the quietest when cruising yet sounds the best too.