Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

Sterling Grey Wheel Help

Search this Thread

Old 8/12/16, 08:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Yeah I hate when the s197s squat like that. Looks like a stock s550. I hear you on the Alcoas then. I thought I remember you guys considering selling them.

Those 350 wheels are sold in 20x10 and 11 too. Another option is the project6GR GT350R replicas - those are available in 20x10 and 11, and only a couple pounds heavier than the regular 350 wheels. I almost bought a set for daily use - still might. They were going to give me a partial sponsorship, as I kinda know the guy that started that company. I wanted a custom brushed finish though, which would've been a lot more than their normal base finishes of matte black, matte gray or gloss black. The cool thing about those wheels is stock s550 center caps fit them, so the can kinda look OEM.
Her car's also running very thin-sidewall front tires, Nitto Invo 255/35/20.
Can't wait to replace them with some 555 G2's in 275/35/20 like what I run.

I like the wheels you're talking about, but for my next wheel I want something not so dark, something silver or cleared over brushed/machined finish.
I want to brighten up the car a bit.

By the way, I ordered some VHT gold caliper paint a couple days ago.
I have some rear caliper covers I'm gonna try it on first.
We'll see.
Old 8/12/16, 05:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Her car's also running very thin-sidewall front tires, Nitto Invo 255/35/20.
Can't wait to replace them with some 555 G2's in 275/35/20 like what I run.

I like the wheels you're talking about, but for my next wheel I want something not so dark, something silver or cleared over brushed/machined finish.
I want to brighten up the car a bit.

By the way, I ordered some VHT gold caliper paint a couple days ago.
I have some rear caliper covers I'm gonna try it on first.
We'll see.
This is the exact finish I was going to do. I felt they wanted a little too much for the custom finish, but I've seen them in person and I now think it would've been worth it. For what it's worth, my fifteen52s are going to have a similar finish, except they'll be gloss lips and satin centers with matte black hardware and inner barrels.

They can also do this finish just normal clear - the pics show the slightly tinted clear, similar to your Niches, but gloss. I think these would look amazing just brushed and clear coated!
Attached Thumbnails Sterling Grey Wheel Help-photo831.jpg   Sterling Grey Wheel Help-photo670.jpg   Sterling Grey Wheel Help-photo359.jpg  
Old 8/12/16, 05:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Here's the MRRs in brushed/clear coat (no tint).
Attached Thumbnails Sterling Grey Wheel Help-photo325.jpg  
Old 8/6/17, 07:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey All. I've turned to the forum for thoughts and insights since I purchased my 2014 Sterling Grey GT back in 2014. Thank you for posting and sharing your experiences, you guys are great and a HUGE resource for many 'quiet' users. As such, I figured its fitting to share some photos of my new Forgestar F14's (19x9). I pulled the trigger last week, thanks in-part to many of the pictures and comments in this forum.

So far I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was hesitant on going with black wheels on the sterling grey but I think the black fits nicely with some of the other trim on the car... decklid, window tint, etc. I'm thinking about switching out the fender emblem to the matte-black version and painting the hood vents/heat extractors black as well.

Cheers.

Hope this helps anyone else with the tough decision!

Old 8/6/17, 08:41 PM
GT Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MJG47
Hey All. I've turned to the forum for thoughts and insights since I purchased my 2014 Sterling Grey GT back in 2014. Thank you for posting and sharing your experiences, you guys are great and a HUGE resource for many 'quiet' users. As such, I figured its fitting to share some photos of my new Forgestar F14's (19x9). I pulled the trigger last week, thanks in-part to many of the pictures and comments in this forum.

So far I'm really happy with how it turned out. I was hesitant on going with black wheels on the sterling grey but I think the black fits nicely with some of the other trim on the car... decklid, window tint, etc. I'm thinking about switching out the fender emblem to the matte-black version and painting the hood vents/heat extractors black as well.

Cheers.
Those Forgestars are nice. You definitely need to black out the emblems now. Lowering is also a must to fully set the look off.