Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

Playing On The Dragon

Old 6/5/18, 08:03 PM
  #1  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19, 2010
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 1,385
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Playing On The Dragon

Ready for another year of the Sterling Grey Dragon Slayer
Attached Thumbnails Playing On The Dragon-20171015_104838.jpg  
Siber Express is offline  
Old 6/5/18, 08:06 PM
  #2  
Shelby GT500 Member
 
5.M0NSTER's Avatar
 
Join Date: August 2, 2013
Location: Little north of Stuttgart, Germany
Posts: 2,985
Received 231 Likes on 211 Posts
That is a good photo, I like it!
5.M0NSTER is offline  
Old 6/6/18, 03:55 AM
  #3  
Bullitt Member
 
Neko-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: November 13, 2006
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 352
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
According to the Arrow against the flow


Nice picture there.
Neko- is offline  
Old 6/6/18, 05:18 PM
  #4  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19, 2010
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 1,385
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Neko- View Post
According to the Arrow against the flow


Nice picture there.
Telling the Motorcycle not to hit me Neko
Siber Express is offline  
Old 6/6/18, 08:28 PM
  #5  
EF1
Mach 1 Member
 
EF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 17, 2013
Posts: 675
Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
The bikes are why I don't go up there very often. You never when you are going to come around a corner and have one in your lane.
EF1 is offline  
Old 6/6/18, 08:43 PM
  #6  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by EF1 View Post
The bikes are why I don't go up there very often. You never when you are going to come around a corner and have one as a hood ornament.
Fixed.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 6/6/18, 08:52 PM
  #7  
EF1
Mach 1 Member
 
EF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 17, 2013
Posts: 675
Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
Thanks for the correction.
EF1 is offline  
Old 6/7/18, 03:26 AM
  #8  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19, 2010
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 1,385
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I am normally up there real early when it is me and the Bobcats or real late when only the local crazies are up there.
But on a side note Sunrise on Cherohala Skyway is nice
My 2010 and 2008 Mazda3
Attached Thumbnails Playing On The Dragon-carolinasgtgatfontana017.jpg   Playing On The Dragon-eecmmgtgtotd006.jpg  
Siber Express is offline  
Old 6/7/18, 06:05 AM
  #9  
GT Member
 
ZGrand's Avatar
 
Join Date: January 1, 2015
Location: Walnut Grove, GA
Posts: 147
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by EF1 View Post
The bikes are why I don't go up there very often. You never when you are going to come around a corner and have one in your lane.
Really? As a biker, I find it to be just the opposite. Been there many times on a bike and had cars approach me in my lane in a blind corner. Thankfully none have ever hit me, but I have several friends who have been hit — one was two bikes in front of me.

That said, I have had a few oncoming bikes in my lane, but they’ve been “pirates” on cruisers that had no business being there in the first place. The good riders on appropriate bikes prefer the challenge of running swiftly while always staying in your lane.

Last edited by ZGrand; 6/7/18 at 07:25 PM.
ZGrand is offline  
Old 6/7/18, 07:49 PM
  #10  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19, 2010
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 1,385
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by ZGrand View Post
Really? As a biker, I find it to be just the opposite. Been there many times on a bike and had cars approach me in my lane in a blind corner. Thankfully none have ever hit me, but I have several friends who have been hit — one was two bikes in front of me.

That said, I have had a few oncoming bikes in my lane, but they’ve been “pirates” on cruisers that had no business being there in the first place. The good riders on appropriate bikes prefer the challenge of running swiftly while always staying in your lane.
I see way to many cars on the wrong side, and normally when you see a bike on the wrong side it is an out of towner.
Bad enough that one of the and probably the fastest on 2 wheels up there sold his bike and bought a tuner.
Like I said I go up early or late. I also run quick on my side of the road, make like the other side is not even there
Siber Express is offline  
Old 6/7/18, 07:52 PM
  #11  
EF1
Mach 1 Member
 
EF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 17, 2013
Posts: 675
Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
We have had different experiences on the dragon. I have lived close for over 20 years and used to go up more often with a vette that i had. I stopped going after a couple of close calls with bikes racing each other. I have only had the Mustang up there a few times on weekends and have had close calls each time. I prefer to stay away unless I can get away mid week.
EF1 is offline  
Old 6/8/18, 09:28 AM
  #12  
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage
 
Rather B.Blown's Avatar
 
Join Date: April 4, 2007
Location: Just outside the middle of nowhere
Posts: 14,423
Likes: 0
Received 96 Likes on 92 Posts
Originally Posted by EF1 View Post
We have had different experiences on the dragon. I have lived close for over 20 years and used to go up more often with a vette that i had. I stopped going after a couple of close calls with bikes racing each other. I have only had the Mustang up there a few times on weekends and have had close calls each time. I prefer to stay away unless I can get away mid week.
I like the Cherohala better anyway.
Rather B.Blown is offline  
Old 6/8/18, 10:05 AM
  #13  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19, 2010
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 1,385
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I like the Cherohala better anyway.
Me 2, Dragon just happens to be the shortest way home 🤫
Siber Express is offline  
Old 6/8/18, 05:32 PM
  #14  
EF1
Mach 1 Member
 
EF1's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 17, 2013
Posts: 675
Received 90 Likes on 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown View Post
I like the Cherohala better anyway.
I would often go up Cherohala and back on the dragon. The last time was a couple of years ago. I was coming back down 129 and was coming up on the road that connects the two through Joyce Kilmer. A vette pulled out right in front of me forcing a panic stop to avoid T-boning it. There was a bike behind me that wasn't paying attention. I was looking in my mirror as I stood on the brakes to see if I was going to get hit. The bike was late on the brakes and grabbed too much front. His rear wheel came up and he went over the handle bars landing on the pavement adjacent to my drivers side door. The out of town rider was busted up pretty bad and I was tied up a couple of hours waiting on an ambulance and NC state trooper. I felt bad for the guy, but was happy that my car wasn't touched. I have not been up there since.
EF1 is offline  
Old 6/10/18, 03:36 PM
  #15  
Cobra R Member
 
shaneyusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 7, 2013
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 1,602
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts
Since I was unfamilar with the route I watched a YouTube video on the Tail of the Dragon. Looks like lots of driving fun... But seems like you are taking your life in you hands, literately. Never been to that part of the country. Video mention that navigation systems have truckers thinking they have found a quick short cut and it is causing major accidents since they can't navigate the tight turns. Sounds like they need to restrict use by truck traffic. Idiots with fast bikes and cars do not mix well with big wide turning 18 wheelers.


shaneyusa is offline  
Old 6/10/18, 03:49 PM
  #16  
Cobra Member
Thread Starter
 
Siber Express's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 19, 2010
Location: Clinton TN
Posts: 1,385
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by shaneyusa View Post
Since I was unfamilar with the route I watched a YouTube video on the Tail of the Dragon. Looks like lots of driving fun... But seems like you are taking your life in you hands, literately. Never been to that part of the country. Video mention that navigation systems have truckers thinking they have found a quick short cut and it is causing major accidents since they can't navigate the tight turns. Sounds like they need to restrict use by truck traffic. Idiots with fast bikes and cars do not mix well with big wide turning 18 wheelers.


Actually the road is now closed to anything with a trailer over 30 feet on the North Carolina side.
Siber Express is offline  
Old 6/11/18, 11:27 AM
  #17  
Bullitt Member
 
killaz05's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 31, 2013
Location: Valrico, FL
Posts: 357
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I love making a trip up to the Dragon. Usually go in October just when it is nice and cool.
Attached Thumbnails Playing On The Dragon-1349660.jpg   Playing On The Dragon-1349661.jpg  
killaz05 is offline  
Old 6/18/18, 04:04 AM
  #18  
Cobra R Member
 
shaneyusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 7, 2013
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 1,602
Received 161 Likes on 146 Posts
Originally Posted by killaz05 View Post
I love making a trip up to the Dragon. Usually go in October just when it is nice and cool.

Very nice shots! Sharp car!
shaneyusa is offline  
Old 6/20/18, 06:16 AM
  #19  
Member
 
Join Date: October 22, 2012
Posts: 13
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by killaz05 View Post
I love making a trip up to the Dragon. Usually go in October just when it is nice and cool.

Looks awesome man! What are you lowered on?
JoshLSTV is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
WannaStang
General Mustang Chat
9
3/30/08 06:43 PM
R-code
2005-2009 Mustang
7
11/29/07 10:55 AM
364
2005-2009 Mustang
31
8/24/07 07:42 AM
burningman
Automotive Art
5
8/12/05 03:54 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Playing On The Dragon


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.