Notices
Sterling Gray Sterling Gray 2010+ Mustangs

Sterling Gray with White Pearl Metallic stripes?

Old 6/24/13, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sterling Gray with White Pearl Metallic stripes?

The Sterling Gray on my '14 GT is growing on me (I originally checked Ingot Silver on the order, but the wife talked me into the Sterling Gray), but I think it needs some light stripes to give it some "pop." There's a somewhat local shop (Big Worm Graphics in Ft. Worth) that has a stripe set-up I like (basically a '13 Boss look with just a center hood stripe and the hockey stripes on the side), but I'm torn between light metallic silver and pearl metallic white (going with a red stripe is a distant third option).

I don't suppose anyone has a pic of a sterling gray with white metallic pearl stripes (I've searched all over the place, and the only metallic pearl stripes I can find are on one of those orangesicle colored Camaros)?

I have the red brick interior with the cashmere stripe, btw.

I'm making an appointment on Wednesday, and can look over the different colors on-site before pulling the trigger. I was thinking of deleting the 5.0 badge and going with the "GT" script at the top of the hockey stripe.

Center stripe style:

Side stripe style:
Old 6/25/13, 02:15 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
You might want to have a go at the Silver Mustang Registry pages...

http://www.silvermustangs.com/registry.html

I did browse a bit, and while black and various shades of gray are common in striping, and there's even some people in there with red and blue striping, and even one with green striping, I didn't readily spot someone with white striping.

Bit of Googling:

Name:  059.jpg
Views: 11380
Size:  95.9 KB
Name:  Untitled-2.png
Views: 2764
Size:  186.8 KB

Tho for that last one I'm not sure if it's white striping, or just silver/lightgray.
Old 6/25/13, 03:56 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 547 Likes on 355 Posts
I was considering Red when I striped mine, just could not find the right red so I went with Black.

But the Red would look awesome.
Old 6/25/13, 04:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member Eu Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Like I said... I've seen black, white, red, blue and green...

Especially the green one threw me... Was the first I ever saw with that scheme:

Name:  mustang_causeway.jpg
Views: 3437
Size:  119.4 KB
Old 6/25/13, 08:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for the pics! Personally, I think the white really pops off the sterling (not so sure about the green)- and its obviously not commonly seen- so I'm leaning that way. Since the Sterling has so much flake in it, I'm also thinking the stripe should be metallic (thus the pearl), so...

Next decision- the top panel (the one that says "GT" in the pic) can be customized. I'm thinking either leaving it with the "GT," going with "S197," or going with "GT/PH" (PH for "Pete Hanlin" ).
Old 6/25/13, 08:51 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E-A-G-L-E-S...Go EAGLES!

Originally Posted by Neko-
Like I said... I've seen black, white, red, blue and green...

Especially the green one threw me... Was the first I ever saw with that scheme:

Yeah, the green caught me off a bit too...then I saw the side stripe! Very cool for Eagles fans! NICE!
Old 6/25/13, 11:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah, I suppose if you are a "let's throw batteries and ice ***** at Santa Clause" fan from Philly (I'm from PA, and my brother is an Eagles fan- so just giving some grief ), green stripes on silver are fine (actually, that would be a pretty cool car in Philly).

I live in the DFW area, so I'm guessing the Eagles graphics might not go over quite so well (that said, I'm not about to put a star on my car ).
Old 6/26/13, 08:48 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, I chickened out on the pearl white stripes (they looked good, but the metallic didn't match up well with the metallic in the Sterling Gray). I ended up going with the light silver metallic.

At least in my opinion, it was just what the doctor ordered. I now LOVE the Sterling Gray now that it has some lighter silver to give some contrast and brighten it up a bit!

This is just a quick pic I shot with my phone outside the shop that installed the stripes ($259 installed for everything- including the black 5.0 badges- I think that's a pretty good deal).
Attached Thumbnails Sterling Gray with White Pearl Metallic stripes?-stripes-installed.jpg  
Old 6/26/13, 08:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 547 Likes on 355 Posts
Looking Good
Old 1/4/14, 07:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Varilux
Well, I chickened out on the pearl white stripes (they looked good, but the metallic didn't match up well with the metallic in the Sterling Gray). I ended up going with the light silver metallic.

At least in my opinion, it was just what the doctor ordered. I now LOVE the Sterling Gray now that it has some lighter silver to give some contrast and brighten it up a bit!

This is just a quick pic I shot with my phone outside the shop that installed the stripes ($259 installed for everything- including the black 5.0 badges- I think that's a pretty good deal).
That looks amazing!
Old 1/4/14, 09:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Heck yeah...schweeet lookin' machine!
Old 2/22/14, 07:50 PM
GT Member

I think the white stripes on SGM and the Ingot Silver stripes look amazing. I also saw somewhere someone had a SGM with Azure Blue stripes and it looked incredible as well.
Old 2/23/14, 07:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Sterling grey and silver are a nice color combo!